Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002300 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4755 on: April 11, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »

I think giving him fangs would work well. It may be a little bit of trial-and-error to get them to penetrate clothing and not, say, leather. But fangs would work well.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: April 12, 2013, 07:51:25 pm »

I heard that towers will only be built by secret keepers if the interaction uses a corpse, so will books still be findable for secrets that don't involve corpses?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: April 12, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »

Yeah, in keeps and such.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: April 12, 2013, 08:02:51 pm »

Also, does total necrosis kills a target instantly, or does it just make the victim vulnerable to one hit kills (via swords, etc.)?

Necrosis is strange, even if very severe it doesn't seem to be fatal until the victim takes a hit (or possibly, enters some kind of state related to being in close combat?)

Severe bleeding from every single body part, like some kind of magical ebola, can kill creatures (at least the ones that have blood) in 3-4 steps. Necrosis and paralysis are overrated.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: April 12, 2013, 10:29:38 pm »

Also, does total necrosis kills a target instantly, or does it just make the victim vulnerable to one hit kills (via swords, etc.)?

Necrosis is strange, even if very severe it doesn't seem to be fatal until the victim takes a hit (or possibly, enters some kind of state related to being in close combat?)

Severe bleeding from every single body part, like some kind of magical ebola, can kill creatures (at least the ones that have blood) in 3-4 steps. Necrosis and paralysis are overrated.

But it wouldn't be fun if a basilisk's gaze could cause massive bleeding pools on the ground.

...actually, that would be quite neat, now that I think about it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: April 13, 2013, 12:38:03 am »

But it wouldn't be fun if a basilisk's gaze could cause massive bleeding pools on the ground.

...actually, that would be quite neat, now that I think about it.
Personally (since I prefer the "turn to stone" style basilisks) I use a combination of total paralysis and a massive negative CE_SPEED_CHANGE to simulate turning them to stone. Then I just add a CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION effect onto both the lungs, heart, and brain to insure that pretty much everything dies.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: April 13, 2013, 02:17:25 pm »

anyone got some good advice for reducing the amount of grass animals consume?

And does grass growback?

I'd like to reduce the amount of grass that is set by default for the larger animals...  I know there's a token I need to edit it, but are there suggested settings I should set it to?  I guess I could look at other mods.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: April 13, 2013, 02:18:39 pm »

GRAZER, the wiki quantitatively tells you how many squares you'll need per animal at a given setting, so you can choose

Yes, grass grows back at a fixed rate except in freezing biomes, that's why there is a certain amount of space that reaches equilibrium with animals of a given size.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4763 on: April 13, 2013, 04:30:17 pm »

Basilisk gaze = transform into a insta-kill creature that uses a rock statue as itemcorpse. Tada! Petrifying gaze, resulting in real statues :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: April 13, 2013, 06:33:12 pm »

Basilisk gaze = transform into a insta-kill creature that uses a rock statue as itemcorpse. Tada! Petrifying gaze, resulting in real statues :)
Suddenly I have the strange vision of a dwarf meeting a basilisk's stare and transforming into a statue of cheese.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: April 13, 2013, 08:20:25 pm »

I'm sure its been answered before but what can I do to remove skill rust and item wear on things like clothes.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: April 13, 2013, 08:21:50 pm »

Suddenly I have the strange vision of a dwarf meeting a basilisk's stare and transforming into a statue of cheese.

perfect for decorating the larder that the basilisk has taken up residence in :D
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: April 13, 2013, 08:46:47 pm »

1st question:
  • are there settings that modify the frequency of invasions? Either a token value for civs that shows their likeliness to invade or is it merely based on the number of civs? I remember a civforge game once where I had 4 sand raider invasions in a row that had my abandon fort in an epic upheaval
    I think it's based on the # of civ's

2nd question:
  • Is there a way to mod how quickly trees and grass grow back?
    Spoke with Putnam on the dfhack irc, didn't sound like there was a setting to change, but there is some unmodified variable that affects the entire map's random allocation of growth (sounds like a dfhack plugin request)

3rd question:
  • Is there a way I can make templates for item types to allow in for civilizations?

Say I have a standard set of armor I want all civ's to have access too (say leather armor set), is there a way to create a leather armor template so I can just reference that vs copying and pasting each armor piece in?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:50:34 am by thistleknot »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: April 14, 2013, 11:00:53 am »

I've been trying to create a creature that can spray acid. How would having them release a liquid that is set to an absurdly high temperature work out?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: April 14, 2013, 12:16:09 pm »

I've been trying to create a creature that can spray acid. How would having them release a liquid that is set to an absurdly high temperature work out?

I think it would burn the creature, or more accurately, pop up a lot of 'You are melting!' announcement chatter.

Make it worse. Add NOBREATHE to it, but make it hunger and thirst. Make it die from starvation as the stupid lizard claws it with its weak nails.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:18:08 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 544