Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999447 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4920 on: April 25, 2013, 12:00:42 pm »

fyi, you have an old version, all but the pathfinding errors have been fixed.  The pathfinding is probably not the cause of the crash?

It's good to see the specific pathfinding errors though, so the modders can comment on it if it is a problem.

Maybe your using a new version and didn't clear the errorlog out?  I know the packages I send, I always have a clean slate for the errorlog.txt
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:09:56 pm by thistleknot »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: April 25, 2013, 02:13:52 pm »

Does anyone know if I can make an interaction that targets titans, fbs or demons, using [IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:CREATURE_ID:ALL]? I assume not, but asking doesnt hurt.
I don't believe you can, no. You may be able to make an interaction that can target them by using the hidden in-game names for randomly generated creatures though (DEMON_1, etc.). I'm not sure if that works or not, but it would probably be your best shot.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4922 on: April 25, 2013, 02:17:19 pm »

Thats what I thought. Problem is that I dont know the number, so either only some are affected, or I have an errorlog showing "demon190, demon 191, demon 192, and so forth" dont exist...

Doesnt matter, it was just a little something for flavor I thought of. Nothing gameplay changing.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: April 25, 2013, 03:30:23 pm »

I've made a creature with custom material templates and tissues.
And now, somehow, no one wants to do anything with its products. It's really weird. I work with custom material sets all the time, this kinda never happened before.
In a testfort, I have a refuse stockpile linked to a tannery and a craftsman shop, filled with these creatures' parts. The Tannery won't tan, the workshop won't make any totems or bone crafts. The meat and organs don't even appear in the kitchen cooking menu.

What to do?

The raws: [large walls of code]

Creature file
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The material templates:

The tissue templates:

The body detail templates:

The template-creature that is used for all the creature_mat's:

And a reaction:

(the raw hide is supposed to go through a normal tanner reaction first, then through this one to get useable leather)

[RESOLVED] Wait, so they'll gladly butcher the INVADERS and make stuff out of them, but not the TAMED ANIMALS if they're sapient? Even with the fixed ethics?
Okay...

Tip for everyone: ETHICS DON'T ALLOW THE USAGE OF BUTCHERED SAPIENT TAMED ANIMAL PRODUCT
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 03:51:17 pm by Valikdu »

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: April 25, 2013, 03:41:09 pm »

1. Is there a way to make a creature drop an item both on death and on butchering? Creatures with ITEMCORPSE drop on death, but seem to drop nothing when butchered.

2. And can I change the way butchery works so that I only get the 'extra butcher object'?

1.  I believe the only way to obtain items from a creature on death is with ITEMCORPSE, which as you say, precludes the ability to butcher any remains.

There may be way to do what you want using a syndrome hoop, but I'm not well versed enough to put that together.  Maybe one of the other more experienced syndrome modders can think of a way to have a dead creature resurrect, split, transform, and die again, leaving you two different corpses (if that is possible).

What's weird is that when an [ITEMCORPSE] is listed, then butchering the creature doesn't even create that item - it generates nothing at all. If butchering just dropped the itemcorpse, I would be okay with that.

2.  Does the material used for the tree giant tissues have the token [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:WOOD:NONE]?  If, for example, your tree giant uses the WOOD_TEMPLATE in the creature mat for its tissues, and your game has been modded by things like Modest Mod or Accelerated Modest Mod, then the BUTCHER_SPECIAL token will be there.  Something to check at least.

Aha, I'll try this, thanks.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: April 25, 2013, 04:15:15 pm »

my mod is still getting weird coif's

animal skin coif

and animal skin breastplate

here's the template for skin

just in case it's leather, here's leather

and here's breastplate

and helm

here's the non accelerated

any ideas why I'm getting animal skin breastplates?

here's an update of some of the items

http://i.imgur.com/YXQFjNE.jpg

razorplate is this mw armor

UPDATE:
I think it may be because I had a bunch of .txt.bak files in my objects folder.  I think it was causing the game to get confused as to what object entries to use.

Update 2:
Meph says it might be due to a missing material template
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125490.msg4204301#msg4204301

I noticed I had animal skin lamellar gauntlets, I have no lamellar creature...  so I guess I'm going to copy that over from mwmod right now
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:51:37 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: April 25, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »

if meph is right, I did a quick search through of all :leather entries, cross referenced them with creature_mat and saw 3 I didn't have creature definitions for
animal_rare, animal_exotic, & animal_lamellar

so I'm going to add these in

I thought it was my local_creature_mat not being creature_mat:animal's

and changing out local_creature_mat:leather to creature_mat:animal:leather for my tan_mat, but that wasn't it.

still getting animal_skin items, although... that's not really a bug there...  (I mean animal skin armor is what comes up, no more plate mail) but yea, I'm not supposed to be getting those items I don't think.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:59:26 pm by thistleknot »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: April 25, 2013, 10:34:32 pm »

What's weird is that when an [ITEMCORPSE] is listed, then butchering the creature doesn't even create that item - it generates nothing at all. If butchering just dropped the itemcorpse, I would be okay with that.
Pardon me if this seems apparent, but how exactly are you butchering a creature with [ITEMCORPSE:X]? A creature that doesn't have [ITEMCORPSE:X] should leave a corpse for butchering, but any creature with [ITEMCORPSE:X] should leave that item instead of a corpse, not allowing for any butchering at all. So what exactly are you butchering? If it's just the arms and legs or any other body parts that go flying off then I can perfectly see not getting anything from them, but where exactly are you getting these corpses you are butchering?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4928 on: April 25, 2013, 10:38:29 pm »

I assume that he has a pet. A tame creature, PET tag, with itemcorpse.

I thought about that problem, but couldnt find a nice solution either.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: April 25, 2013, 10:38:58 pm »

Add an upperbody EBO right after the itemcorpse that is the same as the itemcorpse?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: April 25, 2013, 11:42:44 pm »

I checked all my creature_mat's looked for any matching :leather, and ensured they all had a leather defined.

I did see an animal_exotic who had a leather:leather_tough something or other tempalate, but I had the template for it.

I tried a combination of commenting things out, going to tan_mat's and changing them to creature_mat:animal:leather_accelerated... no errors in the errorlog, but I still see animal skin...

Driving me nuts...  How should I go about troubleshooting this?  Should I just delete like half my creatures and reopen the game and see if the issue is gone until I can widdle it down?

Update:
Maybe I found it
Tanned_Chitin...

damn, that wasn't it
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:19:27 am by thistleknot »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: April 26, 2013, 01:39:10 am »

check your reaction products too

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: April 26, 2013, 08:32:25 am »

I would like to be able to make potash (fertiliser), using blood or bone items. Maybe even meat products too.
Is this possible? and if so, how?
E.g.
Custom reaction, takes a stack of bones, turns it into a bar of potash. Or takes one of those barrels of blood merchants bring, turns that into potash.

no-one knows? :(

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: April 26, 2013, 08:41:29 am »

I noticed I didn't have a material for animal for tanned_drakescale, so I added it.

Then I realized... I don't see drakescale or chitin armors... maybe this is the culprit?  I have the entry in my creature, I have the material templates.  I remember civforge used to specify that an item was chitin armor vs leather armor.  Any ideas on where I should be looking to verify my chitin armor entries are being made correctly?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4934 on: April 26, 2013, 08:45:41 am »

Like smake said, check your reaction products. Probably in the "tan a skin" reaction. Guy takes a skin, tries to make leather, but the skin material does not have the correct MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 544