Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999377 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5655 on: August 03, 2013, 06:56:48 pm »

He wasn't responding to you, you doof.

Are the POPULATION_NUMBER and Biome tokens compatible with the NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN token?

I don't know how night creatures work exactly, but I checked inside the exe. The hunters and bogeymen both have defined biomes, but no population number tokens.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 07:01:37 pm by scamtank »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: August 03, 2013, 06:57:44 pm »

hi can someone make me a tiny mod that adds a syndrome-bearing cloud that will polymorph anything caught in the cloud in to something random? also can you make it appear at night? :D thanks if you can!

1. Random polymorph is a no (though I technically *have* made a lua script that does it, it can't trigger on syndrome)
2. There is no night, at least in dorf mode.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: August 03, 2013, 07:38:01 pm »

Is it possible through modding to exercise some control over Forgotten Beasts? I am working on a minor mod to add more interesting drops to DF's more dangerous supernatural fauna. If all goes well they will be dropping a ridiculously valuable "Heart of Change" gemstone.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: August 03, 2013, 07:53:19 pm »

Not in that way, no. I think you may be able to add bodyparts to their list (that's what _RCP means, I think), but I haven't tested that.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: August 03, 2013, 07:56:18 pm »

Normally I'd say no too, but that localization patcher opened up new avenues to alter hardcoded stuff like vampires and forgotten beasts. I haven't actually tried adding entirely new tags, but you might just be able to piggyback a CORPSE_ITEM tag along with something else.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: August 03, 2013, 08:01:09 pm »

No, not really. It only allows replacing, not adding.

And yes, *technically* you can replace entire tokens on hardcoded things, but I'm not sure which you would.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: August 03, 2013, 08:23:42 pm »

Is it possible through modding to exercise some control over Forgotten Beasts? I am working on a minor mod to add more interesting drops to DF's more dangerous supernatural fauna. If all goes well they will be dropping a ridiculously valuable "Heart of Change" gemstone.

Kind of.  We did some testing awhile back and forced some errors to get your own beasts in...they just aren't random.  I haven't worked with it much recently, but give it a read and see if you can get something you want going.

blazing glory

« Reply #5662 on: August 03, 2013, 09:29:29 pm »

what i want is a adventure mode mod for the cloud that spawns at night,would it be possible to make several clouds that each polymorph the creature into a certain creature

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: August 03, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »

what i want is a adventure mode mod for the cloud that spawns at night,would it be possible to make several clouds that each polymorph the creature into a certain creature

1. Spawning at night isn't possible.
2. Yeah, but it'll be both day and night.

blazing glory

« Reply #5664 on: August 03, 2013, 10:00:38 pm »

okay i guess i will have to do with several polymorphing clouds that appears during day and night if possible :(

blazing glory

« Reply #5665 on: August 03, 2013, 10:36:06 pm »

hang on after looking at the tags on the wiki i think i will take a crack at making a creature that give's a syndrome though i will still appricate it if you could create a few transforming clouds

blazing glory

« Reply #5666 on: August 04, 2013, 05:00:50 am »

well my attempt was more or less a sucess execpt i'm using a transformation syndrome and whatever i do the creature always transforms into a toad! ::) i want my custom race! not a toad

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5667 on: August 04, 2013, 06:41:16 am »

Toad is the first creature in the raws, alphabetically... (creature_amphibian.txt), so your creature ID in the transformation is wrong. it must be CREATURE_ID:CASTE_ID, for example DOG:MALE.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

blazing glory

« Reply #5668 on: August 04, 2013, 06:51:15 am »

here tell me what i'm doing wrong :-\

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
        [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen hycules venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen hycules venom]
        [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:hycules venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:hycules venom]
        [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling hycules venom]
        [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling hycules venom]
        [PREFIX:NONE]
        [ENTERS_BLOOD]
        [SYNDROME]
                [SYN_NAME:hycules sting]
                [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
                [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:HYCULES:ALL]
                [SYN_INJECTED]
                [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:SEV:1000:PROB:100:START:1:CE_CREATURE:HYCULES:CASTE_MALE]

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: August 04, 2013, 08:08:03 am »

Question, I've been wanting to get my dorfs to worship a god dedicated to a God of Plump Helmets, but reading the wiki implies that spheres are hardcoded. So adding [RELIGION_SPHERE:PLUMP_HELMETS] will not work. Is there a way to get my dorfs to worship the most vital crop? Well I'm gonna go experiment.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Sphere
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Entity_token#Religion

Genned a few worlds with [RELIGION_SPHERE:PLUMP_HELMETS]. Nothing really changed :/

How can I add a sphere dedicated to Plump Helmets...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:18:00 am by KingBacon »
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 544