Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999515 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5775 on: August 14, 2013, 12:20:04 am »

I mostly copy+pasted that from a masterwork spider tbh

No wonder it's so broken :P

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: August 14, 2013, 03:16:57 pm »

Two questions:

1. If I have two dwarf castes with different physical attributes and I transform a dwarf between them, how does their attributes change?

2. Does anyone have an example of a working multi-creature civ? (E.g. An entitiy with a creature who's castes are human male, human female, elf male, elf female, etc...)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: August 14, 2013, 03:23:42 pm »

Two questions:

1. If I have two dwarf castes with different physical attributes and I transform a dwarf between them, how does their attributes change?

2. Does anyone have an example of a working multi-creature civ? (E.g. An entitiy with a creature who's castes are human male, human female, elf male, elf female, etc...)

1. I think the phys stats change, but if they don't the transformation effect can alter phys/ment stats CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE/CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had a zombie one a long time ago that included separate hair,eye,skin coloration, but the necromancers made them obsolete.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: August 14, 2013, 04:06:33 pm »

Two questions:

1. I think the phys stats change, but if they don't the transformation effect can alter phys/ment stats CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE/CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had a zombie one a long time ago that included separate hair,eye,skin coloration, but the necromancers made them obsolete.

Thanks, I will have to test to see if the stats change on transformation or if I need to include the stats change separately.

blazing glory

« Reply #5779 on: August 15, 2013, 07:34:15 am »

can it be possible to sort of extract syndrome poisen from a creatures tail for example?

EDIT i guitily admit that i have made no progress on my mod and i blame a certain person his name is MEPH! (seriously his masterwork mod is so FUN! i can only spend half a minute looking only looking at my creature before this voice says this is boring! i wanna play masterwork)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:19:58 am by blazing glory »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: August 15, 2013, 12:01:29 pm »

can it be possible to sort of extract syndrome poisen from a creatures tail for example?

EDIT i guitily admit that i have made no progress on my mod and i blame a certain person his name is MEPH! (seriously his masterwork mod is so FUN! i can only spend half a minute looking only looking at my creature before this voice says this is boring! i wanna play masterwork)

Can extract poison if you make a special organ called "Poision Gland" which has a [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GLAND_POISON][EBO_ITEM:<ITEM_TYPE>:<ITEM_SUBTYPE>:<MATERIAL>:<MATERIAL_SUB>] preferably you make a new material for the gland that has [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:POISON_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON] and [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:VENOM_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM]
why these two, well some you can pick one really, but you need to make a custom reaction to take something made from this new gland material to extract the posion into liquid_misc form into a jar/container of your choosing.

blazing glory

« Reply #5781 on: August 15, 2013, 09:41:03 pm »

sorry :-[ i really need to make a habit of specifying i want a reaction for adventure mode

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: August 15, 2013, 10:04:34 pm »

even in adv mode, you'd still need to make these.

Majnen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: August 15, 2013, 10:24:59 pm »

Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to the DF community, and even newer to the modding area.

I'm interested in doing what should (I think?) be something fairly simple - simply adding an extra option to an existing workshop (probably the Bowyers workshop) to be able to produce arrows. I'm looking at it requiring a reagent of, for example, wood and iron for iron arrows.

I've read some modding guides on the wiki, but I just can't quite get my head around what files I would need to create and/or edit. I've looked through the raws and can't seem to find the existing reactions to smelt iron bolts; it was my hope to just duplicate this reaction, modifying it slightly as needed.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction, or perhaps to an "idiots guide to modding"? Thanks in advance for any help!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: August 15, 2013, 10:55:59 pm »

You can't do that, sadly. What you would want to do is create a custom reaction, and add it to a workshop. The only problem is, you can't add workshops to just any workshop. According to the wiki:

Quote from: Wiki
Valid buildings are KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, CRAFTSMAN, and any custom buildings (SOAP_MAKER, SCREW_PRESS, and anything you've added).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:13:54 pm by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: August 15, 2013, 10:59:26 pm »

Go into Modding Utilities subboard and download my Project: Modder's Resource.

Now to your Qs

I'm interested in doing what should (I think?) be something fairly simple - simply adding an extra option to an existing workshop (probably the Bowyers workshop) to be able to produce arrows. I'm looking at it requiring a reagent of, for example, wood and iron for iron arrows.

Saddly the Bowyers is off limits until toady makes it so, but you can use these: KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, CRAFTSMAN, SOAP_MAKER, SCREW_PRESS

I've read some modding guides on the wiki, but I just can't quite get my head around what files I would need to create and/or edit. I've looked through the raws and can't seem to find the existing reactions to smelt iron bolts; it was my hope to just duplicate this reaction, modifying it slightly as needed.

Best thing is to look at the raws in vanilla DF, however I can list off what you need:
Need to make a new Reaction (can make a new "reaction_xxxx.txt" or add it into an exsisting reaction_*.txt file)
Need to make a new building (unless you are just gonna use one from the list provided above)

Also you can't find a reaction on making arrows because the Forge (hardcoded) automatically makes those reactions with weapons/armor/ammo/etc and materials that say that they allow to make it (most weapon grade metal has [ITEMS_XXXX] tags) so you'll have to make your own. and that is not too hard

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_BULLETS]
[NAME:make box of bullets]
[BUILDING:AMMO_REGEN:NONE]
[REAGENT:copper:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:COPPER]
[REAGENT:lead:150:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:LEAD]
[REAGENT:gunpowder:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:GUNPOWDER]
[REAGENT:gunpowder container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[CONTAINS:gunpowder]
[NOT_IMPROVED]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:50:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BULLET:INORGANIC:COPPER_LEAD]
[SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]

look at the [PRODUCT line at the end, and read up on the offline wiki for any quick things you need.

EDIT:
@laularukyrumo
I think they stack, Putnam will know more but I think I remember him saying that is DBZ guys where powering up so much that they went over the 4byte limit and went into the negatives (stack overflow)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 11:01:21 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Majnen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: August 16, 2013, 02:27:15 am »

Thanks Hugo_The_Dwarf and laularukyrumo - I've done some tinkering and I think I'm well on my way!  :)

blazing glory

« Reply #5787 on: August 16, 2013, 04:07:51 am »

so i have got to make a poisen gland and then add it to every creature i want to extract it from?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: August 16, 2013, 12:22:46 pm »

so i have got to make a poisen gland and then add it to every creature i want to extract it from?
If you are butchering them, yes. If you don't you might be able to goto each creature with venom and use [SELECT_MATERIAL:MUSCLE][MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:POISON_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON] and [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:VENOM_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM]
Pick one of these depending on what the creature calls it's poison.

Now make a reaction that takes
[REAGENT:MEAT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:POISON_MAT] (and another the uses venom_mat)

now you can make a generic one that will allow you to extract poison/venom from "<creature name> meat"

EDIT:
all depends on how lazy you want to be.

filipmolnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: August 17, 2013, 01:04:35 am »

Hello DF-community!

I already asked on reddit, but did not get the answer I am looking for. Could you help me?

Here goes:
I have a problem, I created this building and I can build it and it works as intended.
But, I experimented with build stages. The strange thing is that the components are white. So instead of colored threads I get white threads and a white table and chair. The intended colors only get applied once the building is finished. Is this normal? It really is not that much of an issue, I just find it really strange. Could someone tell me what is wrong? Thanks!

[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:SPINNING_STOOL]
[NAME:Spinning Stool]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[WORK_LOCATION:2:2]
[BUILD_LABOR:PROCESS_PLANT]
[DIM:3:3]
[BLOCK:1:0:1:0]
[BLOCK:2:0:1:0]
[BLOCK:3:0:0:0]
[TILE:0:1:43:43:43]
[TILE:0:2:43:43:43]
[TILE:0:3:43:43:43]