Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002169 times)

Urist McRandomplayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6180 on: October 07, 2013, 08:06:31 pm »

I'm having... Issues with interactions. Everything is working right up to the actual effects. The two I've tried are as follows:
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:BERSERKERSECRET]
[I_SOURCE:SECRET]
[IS_NAME:the secrets of body and soul]
[IS_SPHERE:WAR]
[IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]
[IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_TEACHING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_war.txt]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Berserker]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:5:0:1:START:0]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:berserker:berserkers:berserker:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:FLIER:TRANCES:PRONE_TO_RAGE:NOFEAR:NOPAIN:NONAUSEA:LIKES_FIGHTING:START:0]

[INTERACTION:FIRESECRET]
[I_SOURCE:SECRET]
[IS_NAME:the secrets of elemental flame]
[IS_SPHERE:FIRE]
[IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]
[IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_TEACHING_POSSIBLE]
[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/secret_fire.txt]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Firemage]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:5:0:1:START:0]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:firemage:firemages:magical:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:FIREIMMUNE_SUPER:START:0]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Breath fire]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:FLOW:DRAGONFIRE]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:50]

They're showing up, making the colour change, the title change, etc.... But can't actually fly (former) or blast fire (latter). I'm not sure about the other tags in the first one taking effect, but as the flying thing isn't, I'm assuming not. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

ETA: Went back to the arena and had a dragon breathe fire at a firemage. It died. That isn't working either. Still clueless.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:01:01 am by Urist McRandomplayer »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: October 07, 2013, 08:11:57 pm »

Code: [Select]
[code] tags please
Anyway...

Errorlog errorlog errorlog. Check your errorlog.

You need CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION, not CAN_DO_INTERACTION. Also, FLIER is not a valid token for CE_ADD_TAG; only the ones under IT_REQUIRED here are.

Urist McRandomplayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: October 07, 2013, 08:16:09 pm »

Sorry, I'll fix that.

Hrm, that's rather sad. Is there any way around that bit? It doesn't really work if the firemage isn't immune to fire and the levitating-trick-thing doesn't work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: October 07, 2013, 08:17:10 pm »

You could always transform them into an entirely new creature.

muad°dib

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: October 07, 2013, 09:58:12 pm »

1. No, it's mixed in with every other mod. If you want to easily delete a mod, make an entirely new copy of DF for it to live in.
2. You should never, ever overwrite a previous version of DF with a new one, especially with such an update as this. Saves aren't going to be compatible, anyway.
3. Depends on the version. This next version has a total tree overhaul, but everything else has default values, so it shouldn't be too bad.
4. No; again, the easiest way is to have a separate copy of DF for each mod.
Mods, in most instances, are sets of .txt files that can be altered using various tokens.

New .txt files can be created within the folder, and used by the game, but some mods alter the pre-existing files, which can make reverting them difficult.

It is best to keep a copy of the original raw folder in case you need to "reset" the game, though this may not be necessary, depending on the extent of changes caused by the mod.

Saves are usually in-compatible with newer versions of the game, but newer versions come as full installs, so you won't need to worry about removing mods. Updating them may be tricky, depending on how many things change between releases/updates, and if/how many new tokens are introduced.

Toggling mods isn't possible in most cases. A few mods, such as Masterwork, have their own interfaces that allow you to toggle options on and off though.
Most updates are save compatible, but major updates like the next one won't be. Most mod updates are not save-compatible.

got it! thanks to you gentlemanly overseers,

i got the newer Lazy Newb Pack which I will be holding onto as my failsafe..  ;D
other than that I grabbed a copy of Masterwork, too, as aside from novelty and for playfulness the other ones i looked at just kind of seemed lacking (aside from the replacement of dwarven animals to underground animals which was unfinished and some mythical creature additions). if you guys have any good suggestions, i would love to hear them.

this is my first time around the modding thing  :o

thanks again guys, you've been a great help.
pillars of the mountainhome, you.  8)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: October 08, 2013, 12:35:43 am »

other than that I grabbed a copy of Masterwork, too, as aside from novelty and for playfulness the other ones i looked at just kind of seemed lacking (aside from the replacement of dwarven animals to underground animals which was unfinished and some mythical creature additions). if you guys have any good suggestions, i would love to hear them.

Personal recommendations:

Shameless self-promotion
Deon makes good stuff
My favorite mod, Legends of Forlorn Realms
Dwarf Chocolate is very good
Nchardahrk is really good if you like The Elder Scrolls
Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom is good if you like Mario and otherwise.

merp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: October 08, 2013, 07:40:50 am »

I don't really understand how color tokens work.

My construction yard workshop mod is all black, the wiki really didn't help.  You can see the tiles underneath when you highlight them, but i have all the color values set to 0.  I just want them to be transparent so you can see underneath them like all the other workshops.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: October 08, 2013, 01:14:08 pm »

My construction yard workshop mod is all black, the wiki really didn't help.  You can see the tiles underneath when you highlight them, but i have all the color values set to 0.  I just want them to be transparent so you can see underneath them like all the other workshops.

After taking a quick look at the Soapmaker's Workshop, it looks like any tile that isn't explicitly defined in the building's raws will be transparent. If you want a tile to be transparent, you probably shouldn't be trying to define its color or anything else; it seems that if you leave it alone and you'll get the effect you want.

As for myself, I'm trying to make a creature that spawns water when it dies; the idea is that an attacking force of them would have the dual threat of killing dwarves the usual way and also flooding whatever areas they're killed in. While I can easily create a small puddle of water via [ITEMCORPSE:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE], it's not the actual water I want. I suspect that I can't do this through [ITEMCORPSE]; reactions, which do allow you to create real water, take produce dimensions as well as materials, and [ITEMCORPSE] doesn't. I'll probably scrap the idea, but I figured I would ask if anyone knew how to pull it off before ditching it completely.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: October 08, 2013, 02:33:23 pm »

You need to set the TILE of those squares to ' ' or 32.

merp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: October 08, 2013, 11:25:06 pm »

I still want the shapes from the tileset, I just want the tile underneath to show through.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: October 08, 2013, 11:29:52 pm »

Non-space cannot in any way shape or form be transparent and show the tile underneath. That's paradoxical, as there is no tile underneath. A building on a tile *is* that tile as far as the graphics are concerned. If you use 32 or ' ' as a tile, then it's transparent. Otherwise, it can't be.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: October 10, 2013, 12:33:30 pm »

So, I read in a thread in the Adventure Mode forums that it's possible to mod out the original mummies, and replace them with custom ones. How would I go about doing this?
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: October 10, 2013, 12:35:56 pm »

Disturbance interaction + setting number of said interactions in worldgen to 0

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: October 10, 2013, 12:47:33 pm »

Disturbance interaction + setting number of said interactions in worldgen to 0

Where can I find this interaction? :o

I'd prefer not to have to mess around with world gen settings.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6194 on: October 10, 2013, 12:49:58 pm »

But that is a worldgen setting. You find it in the advanced world gen.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 544