Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002394 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6195 on: October 10, 2013, 12:54:09 pm »

And that's the only place. I meant you want to make a NEW disturbance interaction.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: October 10, 2013, 12:57:49 pm »

Alright, thanks guys :) I'll might take a look at advanced world gen if it's the only way.
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: October 10, 2013, 01:00:08 pm »

It's the only way to remove the default one.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6198 on: October 10, 2013, 05:29:03 pm »

Out of curiosity, what would happen if I added picks to an entity's weapon list?  Would they siege wielding picks, or would they just come unarmed?  I want to make an enemy that conducts sieges using picks, so you could kill them and steal the picks from them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6199 on: October 10, 2013, 05:38:50 pm »

Out of curiosity, what would happen if I added picks to an entity's weapon list?  Would they siege wielding picks, or would they just come unarmed?  I want to make an enemy that conducts sieges using picks, so you could kill them and steal the picks from them.
They wouldnt bring them, because they are no military skills attached to them. same with daggers. Knife user is no military skill, so invaders never wield large daggers, only thieves/snatchers do.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: October 10, 2013, 06:08:16 pm »

They wouldnt bring them, because they are no military skills attached to them. same with daggers. Knife user is no military skill, so invaders never wield large daggers, only thieves/snatchers do.

You could make a mace called a "battle pick," give it appropriate attacks, and then the military would use that.  If you'd like, you could even rename their professions to reflect their weapon of choice.  I've done this before.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: October 10, 2013, 06:19:20 pm »

If I made a weapon that uses the "Fighter" skill, would people bring it?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6202 on: October 10, 2013, 07:26:37 pm »

You could make a mace called a "battle pick," give it appropriate attacks, and then the military would use that.  If you'd like, you could even rename their professions to reflect their weapon of choice.  I've done this before.
But he couldnt use this mace to mine, which was his intention.

Not sure about the fighter skill, but my guess is no. Wrestling, yes, but melee_combat? I dont think so.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: October 10, 2013, 08:51:15 pm »

But he couldnt use this mace to mine, which was his intention.

Not sure about the fighter skill, but my guess is no. Wrestling, yes, but melee_combat? I dont think so.

Well, the best I could think of then is to build the pick in as a body part and give them a regular pick as an itemcorpse.  Ugly, but it does achieve what you want.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6204 on: October 10, 2013, 08:56:52 pm »

Simpler: Give them a "foreign pick" (which is a disguised weapon, like you described) and add a free reaction to the craftsdwarf/smelter/whatever to turn it into a normal pick.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: October 10, 2013, 09:01:23 pm »

Simpler: Give them a "foreign pick" (which is a disguised weapon, like you described) and add a free reaction to the craftsdwarf/smelter/whatever to turn it into a normal pick.

Go with this.  This is cleaner.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: October 10, 2013, 10:34:09 pm »

You can't make a weapon also available as a [DIGGER]?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: October 10, 2013, 10:41:59 pm »

You can't make a weapon also available as a [DIGGER]?

Digging weapons have to use the mining skill, just like how only axe type weapons can be used to cut down trees.

I learned this after trying to make an adze to be used as a multi-tool for mining and woodcutting, it had the axe skill and had [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_ADZE] in the dwarvern entity. It would cut trees just fine, but the miners refused to use them.

I also learned that tools aren't eligible for wood-cutting or mining, they need to be proper weapons.

Though if there may have been something I had done wrong, I'd like to know.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: October 13, 2013, 03:16:31 pm »

Here's a quick one. Does anyone have a quick reference of what items can have "the handle is made from xyz" decoration? I can only remember having a bucket once, but surely that can't be all of them.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: October 14, 2013, 02:35:21 am »

I'm trying to beef up my list of spells and am running across a little difficulty. I was hoping to have an interaction that is a material emission that either melts or freezes someone that gets splattered with it (i.e. super hot/super cold). I was hoping liquid_glob would work but it just acts like solid and doesn't convey any temperature information. I can get the desired effect with trailing_vapor_flow, but then the creature that emits it is caught in the blast and is quickly melted/frozen. Anyone have any ideas for what could be done?

Also, does anyone have a list of severity's and their effects? I am trying to balance the various bleeding/pain/blisters/paralysis/etc... syndromes and find it very difficult to get a good handle on what level of severity does what.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 544