Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002245 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6345 on: November 04, 2013, 09:12:43 am »

Could you give the entire reagent line?

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: November 04, 2013, 09:34:20 am »

Like Putnam said, [REAGENT:wooden item:1:BLOCKS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:NONE].  Or possibly [REAGENT:wooden item:1:BLOCKS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD] if you want to be a bit more specific (e.g. if your mod has plump helmet blocks and you want to exclude those).

Remember, item types always have two parts, a type and a subtype, even if the subtype is NONE.  So here the item type is BLOCKS:NONE (because blocks don't have specific subtypes) and the material is PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD (i.e. a material named "WOOD" from any plant).
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6347 on: November 04, 2013, 06:41:06 pm »

Okay, having some weird problems with a reaction.  I'm trying to fill a jar with liquid but for some reason the liquid always winds up outside the jar.  Any idea why?
The jar is just a regular liquid container.  It works fine if I use a barrel.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:VIM_MW]
[NAME:convert drink to vim]
[BUILDING:STILL:CUSTOM_V]
[REAGENT:drink:150:DRINK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:drink container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER]
[CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[CONTAINS:drink]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[REAGENT:jar:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JAR:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][DOES_NOT_ABSORB][PRESERVE_REAGENT][HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:TOAD_MW:VIM][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:jar][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:MAGIC_MAT_MW:VIM_DRAIN]
[SKILL:BREWING]

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: November 04, 2013, 06:57:26 pm »

Does the ITEM_TOOL_JAR have a sufficient storage capacity?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: November 04, 2013, 07:00:05 pm »

You might want to replace the entire jar reagent with NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE. [HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER] works well enough.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6350 on: November 05, 2013, 04:17:26 am »

That could be it.  So if a liquid product is too big, they just dump out the whole thing?
How does storage capacity relate to material size?  The jars have a capacity of 1000, which should be enough.
I'm trying to create a system based around jars, each able to contain a single unit of liquid.  Wasting stacks of drink isn't a huge issue, but I want to have complete control over the more expensive alchemical products and reagents, without dealing with stacks.  How might this be accomplished?

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: November 05, 2013, 05:06:40 am »

Is there a way to find a retired adventurer if I cannot unretire? I have found the hamlet where I retired him (-ish), but cannot locate the unit to use bodyswap.

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: November 05, 2013, 01:35:08 pm »

How do you give a creature gold for blood, I tried [BLOOD:INORGANIC_GOLD:LIQUID] but they just gave it no blood at all
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: November 05, 2013, 01:39:45 pm »

I think you need [BLOOD:INORGANIC:GOLD:LIQUID] but I'm not very good with materials and bodyparts and so forth so I'm probably wrong.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: November 05, 2013, 01:50:52 pm »

That seems to have worked, the blood system is a bit weird though, you get not scalding liquid gold o_O
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: November 05, 2013, 02:12:40 pm »

You're not altering the temperature of the stuff. You're just declaring that the gold is watery and that's it.

As an aside, making the blood gaseous looks really funny. It's like a cartoon dustcloud.

catvanbrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: November 05, 2013, 05:41:25 pm »

how do you spawn something (the spawn command for masterwork dwarf fortress) and make it male/female and change castles

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: November 05, 2013, 05:51:01 pm »

You're not altering the temperature of the stuff. You're just declaring that the gold is watery and that's it.

No, you are literally saying that their blood is liquid gold with all the temperature baggage that goes along with that. It's melted gold. States require temperature in DF.

how do you spawn something (the spawn command for masterwork dwarf fortress) and make it male/female and change castles

The spawn command was written by Warmist. Masterwork's usage of it was mostly because Warmist and I made a version for DFHack 0.34.11 r3. This is better suited to the DFHack topic.

Anyway, spawnunit DWARF MALE Joe should give you a male dwarf named Joe. You can replace MALE with any caste and DWARF with any creature. That's pretty much it.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: November 05, 2013, 07:24:03 pm »

No, you are literally saying that their blood is liquid gold with all the temperature baggage that goes along with that. It's melted gold. States require temperature in DF.

The spawn command was written by Warmist. Masterwork's usage of it was mostly because Warmist and I made a version for DFHack 0.34.11 r3. This is better suited to the DFHack topic.

Anyway, spawnunit DWARF MALE Joe should give you a male dwarf named Joe. You can replace MALE with any caste and DWARF with any creature. That's pretty much it.

Wait... it NAMES them??  So I can make summon spirits??

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: November 05, 2013, 07:31:25 pm »

Oh yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 544