Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999472 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7125 on: February 02, 2014, 03:10:14 pm »

Okay, bleekmiddel, here's what I found:
First, you may want to make sure that the HOMEOTHERM and MULTIPLE_LITTER_COMMON things are fixed. Then you may want to check in your body_rcp.txt whether there is an [OBJECT:BODY] at the beginning. Next, if you called your body parts RCP_ENERGY_CRYSTAL and RCP_ENCASED_SOUL, you will also need to refer to them by their proper names:
Code: [Select]
[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:HUMANOID_JOINTS:5FINGERS:RCP_ENERGY_CRYSTAL:TEETH:5TOES:RCP_ENCASED_SOUL:MOUTH:TONGUE]
Now if you did that properly, your golems should appear in the arena and be spawnable. If you also set the HOMEOTHERM to something like 10000U instead of 500U (500U is about -5000K, 10000U is 0°C), they will even not freeze to death instantly when spawned.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:31:49 am by MagmaMcFry »

bleekmiddel

• Bay Watcher
  • who are you gonna call? DWARF FORTRESS!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: February 02, 2014, 03:49:13 pm »

Okay thanks for all the help.
I wonder if there are any communities friendlier then dwarf fortress :D

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: February 02, 2014, 04:29:42 pm »

Probably not.
Is there any way to get a cloud to set the ground on fire?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: February 02, 2014, 05:49:06 pm »

Probably not.
Is there any way to get a cloud to set the ground on fire?

You mean freaky weather clouds? Make it hot enough (MAT_FIXED_TEMP) and it should do the trick

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: February 02, 2014, 06:46:02 pm »

How hot is hot enough?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: February 03, 2014, 09:54:17 am »

No. But it should be possible to display this ingame, maybe with a plugin like the ones Falconne makes.

I do use the workshop names and reaction names to give more info, for example each workshop has a reaction that says SKILL SOMETHING, and tells the player which skill the workshop uses. For very specific ones I add another with *description in here* as name, like "*100% chance to kill the worker*".

Other than that, no idea how to show more info ingame. I actually thought about a scribe workshop that can make a book. Like "Write book about Bloodbeasts", and the item will be "This is a superior leather book about bloodbeasts. blablabla massive creature, third cavern blabla, fight with edged weapons"...

Some sort of ingame manual that is written by the dwarves themselves. It would work, but of course its a lot to set up.

And there is the WTF text editor that can alter the ingame manual. You can rewrite it, to show a mod manual.

Yes, my plan was to display results like this :
- Learn "Berserk strength" (strenght increase in battle)
- Effect gets stronger if the fighter is unhappy.

The second line would be a bogus inorganic I'd add to all the reaction that is related to the worker's unhappiness. Time for me to try the ui API then.

How hot is hot enough?

From memory over 10100 will burn creatures. Look at wood or skin templates for IGNITE_POINT values.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: February 03, 2014, 01:39:28 pm »

How hot is hot enough?

From memory over 10100 will burn creatures. Look at wood or skin templates for IGNITE_POINT values.

Grasses are made of STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE, which has the same ignite point as wood: [IGNITE_POINT:10508]

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: February 03, 2014, 05:49:46 pm »

How hot is hot enough?

Grasses are made of STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE, which has the same ignite point as wood: [IGNITE_POINT:10508]
.. The mist was 15000

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: February 03, 2014, 07:24:10 pm »

So I am looking at graphic sets for the first time and just had two quick questions.

1. Some creature graphics have AS_IS (which I assume means exactly as is) and some have ADD_COLOR (are there any others besides those two?), but what color is added, and to which colors? (e.g. Do I need a creature to be pure white and then the creatures [COLOR] token is added to the white?)

2. I couldn't find any reference to the valid tokens on the wiki (probably just looking in the wrong place), but I noticed many different possibilities for both the first value and last value in the various raws I looked at. Is there a list somewhere of what the tokens can be?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: February 03, 2014, 08:05:11 pm »

1. ADD_COLOR uses COLOR, CASTE_COLOR and profession colors.

2. Professions plus these.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: February 03, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »

1. ADD_COLOR uses COLOR, CASTE_COLOR and profession colors.

Does it just ignore any color the sprite might already have?

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: February 04, 2014, 12:24:43 am »

Hey guys. I'm working on a custom civ and had some questions about reactions and workshops.

First off, I don't want my civ to be able to do any metalsmithing or work with metal at a forge or anything. If I remove all the reactions for crafting bars and the weapon, armorsmithing jobs, etc, will my civ still be able to build forges, but not be able to use them and will they still want those workshops when they enter moods? I want to take all the workshops they won't use out of their building options, if possible.

Second, how do I create a reaction that just turns one (bone) material into another (improved bone) material? I wanted the civ to have a system where they have the bones "blessed" at a shrine, improving the material (essentially turning it into a custom material). I created the custom material I want it to change into, but I'm stuck with how to write the reaction without turning it into a "bar of bone."

I also originally wanted the race to not use clothing, but that doesn't seem to be possible without unhappy thoughts without making them not think or feel at all. Is it at least possible to only allow them to use custom clothing? The wiki says that anything not listed will be treated as common and the lowest rating is RARE. Is there a way to let them only make and wear specific, custom clothing and armor (they're about dog-sized so presumably no one else could wear their clothes so I'm not worried about that) and not normally use anything else? I'm fine with an oddball sometimes finding a small shirt somewhere that fits him as long as it isn't the norm. Is there also any way to only let them dye their clothing certain colors?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: February 04, 2014, 12:27:11 am »

1. armorsmithing jobs aren't reactions

2. bars of bone are fine, since it'll just show up as "bone"

3. yeah, very much. "Not listed" here means "not specified", meaning if you specify an armor and forget to specify its rarity it'll be COMMON, not that all armors not specified are COMMON.

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: February 04, 2014, 01:01:54 am »

1. armorsmithing jobs aren't reactions

2. bars of bone are fine, since it'll just show up as "bone"

3. yeah, very much. "Not listed" here means "not specified", meaning if you specify an armor and forget to specify its rarity it'll be COMMON, not that all armors not specified are COMMON.

Thanks for the quick info!

Also I meant if I removed the jobs AND the reactions. Like if I took out both the reactions and job: BLACKSMITH and all other related things, will forges still be buildable?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: February 04, 2014, 01:16:42 am »

Forges need the architecture and masonry labors to be built, but you probably don't want to remove those. But if you remove both the reaction and job permissions, they can't actually do anything with those forges.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 544