Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 62

Author Topic: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!  (Read 287279 times)

redslim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DF2012 (v34.01+) Worldgen Cookbook Thread!
« Reply #480 on: January 31, 2013, 02:49:54 pm »

I am indeed. I keep retrying and I keep getting the same thing but not what's shown in your screen cap :(

EDIT: I was being blind (not accustomed to looking around in ASCII) my partner just helped me spot it. thanks vjek I am going to lose many an hour to this one!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:54:55 pm by redslim »

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 31, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »

Huzzah, glad to hear it!  :D

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 02, 2013, 09:15:46 am »

[DF 34.11] Quite simple: a terrifying glacier, with huskifying mist, regional undeath, undead wildlife and a upright spoiler. Three cavern layers, with flora and water touching the edge. Iron ores and bituminous coal on the damp layers, but there's ample pockets of magnetite, microcline and gypsum to bypass the aquifer. Two biomes, but they're identical.

Nothing special or noteworthy, but sometimes can be hard to find all those features together. The only things that it's missing are sand, clay, kaolinite, magma near the surface and a nearby necromancer tower.

shrike.ex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 02, 2013, 02:51:17 pm »

I have a world-gen request:

• Volcano
  • Ocean
  • Iron
  • Goblin/Kobold neighbors
  • Sand (kinda a given with the ocean)

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 03, 2013, 08:26:07 pm »

-snip-

I quite like this set of parameters, makes it easy to set exactly what you want, along with getting volcanoes and rivers on the same embark. Did take a bit of looking around, but I found a nice 3x3 embark with a river and volcano (volcano centered dead center). I'd recommend this to people, if they really want to just build stuff or play around.

Since my post is the last one here for a while, I'll just add on to the post.

Using these parameters, I found an embark with a volcano, river, and clown fort in haunted surroundings all in a 3x3 embark. Should be interesting. If anyone wants my parameters and the location, I'll post em up here,
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 11:17:31 am by Lich180 »

Lopezruy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 23, 2013, 08:23:26 am »

-snip-

I quite like this set of parameters, makes it easy to set exactly what you want, along with getting volcanoes and rivers on the same embark. Did take a bit of looking around, but I found a nice 3x3 embark with a river and volcano (volcano centered dead center). I'd recommend this to people, if they really want to just build stuff or play around.

Since my post is the last one here for a while, I'll just add on to the post.

Using these parameters, I found an embark with a volcano, river, and clown fort in haunted surroundings all in a 3x3 embark. Should be interesting. If anyone wants my parameters and the location, I'll post em up here,

Not to be grave-digging, but I'd like the parameters if you still have them. Sounds like a very !!FUN!! embark. :)

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 23, 2013, 10:31:01 am »

Not to be grave-digging, but I'd like the parameters if you still have them. Sounds like a very !!FUN!! embark. :)
Ok, here's the parameters:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the embark location:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought it was a 3x3, but its a 4x4. The clown fort is in the upper right 2x2 area, and the river there is about 19 tiles across. There are a few other surprises, but I'll let you find them out :P

Have fun, I sure am!

Lopezruy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 23, 2013, 10:54:35 am »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 23, 2013, 01:04:40 pm »

Let's find a fun micro embark. I want:
A 1x1 embark area, tops.  :P
Exposed magma.
An aquifer.
Wood and soil not necessary, but desired.
I don't think that a river can run through the same tile as a volcano, but if you somehow make it happen, the aquifer isn't necessary.
Savage area, probably hot as well.
Not necessary to be Good, but would be nice.

450 mineral scarcity, world gen past year 500, medium world size.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lopezruy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 23, 2013, 03:16:00 pm »

-snip-
I hope this is a joke, because this is nothing less than impossible. Pretty sure 2x2 embarks are as small as its gonna get, unless you mess with the raws.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 23, 2013, 03:47:33 pm »

Let's find a fun micro embark. I want:
A 1x1 embark area, tops.  :P
Exposed magma.
An aquifer.
Wood and soil not necessary, but desired.
I don't think that a river can run through the same tile as a volcano, but if you somehow make it happen, the aquifer isn't necessary.
Savage area, probably hot as well.
Not necessary to be Good, but would be nice.

450 mineral scarcity, world gen past year 500, medium world size.
Have you seen this one, flabort?  It's not exact, but it has many of the things you're looking for.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 10, 2013, 04:24:53 pm »

Well, the 1x1 thing was to be sort of silly, but meaning as small as possible.

No, I hadn't seen that one, and it fits basically everything but the alignment. While a savage, good area would have been nice, I think I'll load that one up. :)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 13, 2013, 03:35:04 pm »

Hello!

What is a good advanced world gen setting for a world that is desert-heavy? Having a narrow band of life would be a bonus. Think Athas (not quite Dune, but getting there).
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 13, 2013, 05:08:28 pm »

Hello!

What is a good advanced world gen setting for a world that is desert-heavy? Having a narrow band of life would be a bonus. Think Athas (not quite Dune, but getting there).

If you want entirely sand (white, black, red, yellow) desert with just one polar region...
Rainfall of zero min, zero max.
Drainage of zero min, 32 max.

Spoiler: sandworld worldgen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: sand world picture (click to show/hide)
Various random gens of that world produce similar results.  A mountainous central region prevents lake formation almost everywhere, in these worlds.  Without it, you can get numerous small lakes forming, despite zero rain.  Of course, you need to provide a mountainous region as well, but that's taken care of in what I've provided.

The worldgen can be tweaked to have just one big desert (or close to it), but this one has more variety.

And finally, here's an example that just produces badlands, rather than sand deserts, for comparison.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 14, 2013, 07:19:53 am »

Hey folks, I'm not looking for anything too exotic, just wondering how to increase my chances of finding something like this:
  • Cold location (preferably the rivers freeze sometime in winter and unfreeze by spring)
    Has a cliff formed by two rivers (of any size, up to 10 across) meeting (so a waterfall, I guess), but the rivers can be of any size and don't necessarily have to be a 'river', can be a stream.
    Has iron of some sort.  Flux is a bonus, but not make or break.  May even be more fun without flux.
    Has a good amount of evil, but in patches so that finding a 5x5 embark with about half evil and half non-evil (so you can kill the undead) isn't overly difficult with the above settings
    And has all the civilizations and megabeasts and what not alive.

I've been trying to fiddle with it myself to no avail, so hoping someone can suggest parameters to change, or perhaps someone has an old worldgen with similar goals.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 62