Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 255611 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 3
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2012, 04:05:58 am »

Unfortunately, the schedule is created by Blood Bowl and not by me. For some reason it decided to make everyone play their week one opponent in week three, rather than play the opponent they haven't played yet.

You play ndkid twice in the first three weeks, and Charmander twice in the last three.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2012, 09:56:17 am »

Unfortunately, the schedule is created by Blood Bowl and not by me. For some reason it decided to make everyone play their week one opponent in week three, rather than play the opponent they haven't played yet.

You play ndkid twice in the first three weeks, and Charmander twice in the last three.
Blood Bowl is capricious, and not to be questioned! ;-)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2012, 11:00:27 am »

In case anyone is planning to play their game in the near term, the Blood Bowl Servers are down dealing with patch-related issues, and they don't seem to have an ETA as to when they'll be back up.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2012, 10:21:56 am »

Kobb's Khorne v. w00t w00t: The Sequal

The game was delayed by a rain of frogs (a wizard's spell gone out of hand) for several days, but the mess finally cleared up and the teams faced each other across the pitch. Kobb's Khorne was heading on with only 11 players, with the minotaur out with an injury.

W1: Khorne elects to kick off, and lines up in FFB. The kickoff bounces into the end zone. w00t w00t's fans inspire them to another reroll. A wardancer and catcher run down one end of the field while the passer runs back to pick the ball up. Another catcher knocks himself out running downfield.

K1: Several players run toward the passer, and several run toward the catcher and wardancer. A chaos warrior falls over trying to get that extra yard to get beside the dancer.

W2: The wardancer pushes the beastman off the catcher, who catches the passer's pass and runs it in for the touchdown. In other words, a typical wood elf scoring drive. :-)

K2: TAB pulls off the line to receive the kick. There is a pitch invasion and a touchback. TAB takes the ball, runs it forward, and tosses it to Sprafy, who runs it on his speedy-for-beastman legs downfield. NATAB pushes the wardancer around. The other players still standing get elves into their tackle zones.

W3: A lineman and the wardancer pull back and knock Speedy Sprafy over. The wardancer tries to pick up the ball, but a permanently decreased Agility has its disadvantages.

K3: NATAB knocks the wardancer off the pitch. TAB runs down and picks the ball back up, and Speedy Sprafy stands beside him to protect against more blitzes.

W4: Sprafy didn't cover all lines, sadly, and the second wardancer knocks TAB out of the game (who is saved by the apothecary), getting the ball in the process.

K4: NATAB pushes the wardancer uselessly. Several other Khorne players run over to help.

W5: The wardancer escapes, hands the ball to the passer, who throws it to the catcher, who scores.

K5: NATAB pulls back to receive the kickoff on the 10-man Khorne team. More great coaching gives both teams rerolls. NATAB runs the ball forward, and Sprafy and TAB run downfield.

W6: Two linemen and a wardancer knock NATAB over. A catcher fails to pick up the ball, which then bounces into the hands of a lineman.

K6: A chaos warrior runs back to knock over the ball carrier. NATAB picks up the ball, but fumbles the throw back toward midfield.

W7: A lineman picks up the ball and scores.

K7: TAB pulls back to receive the kickoff. A wardancer gets knocked over by a rock from the crowd, and the ball goes out of bounds. (Since I was writing this, the ball goes into the hands of a chaos warrior.) NATAB and Sprafy try to go downfield... Sprafy knocks himself over.

W8: NATAB is almost surrounded by elves. The wardancer blitz, however, leaves him standing in place.

K8: NATAB blitzes out of the box, and into the end zone. The chaos warrior runs downfield... and, with a reroll, fumbles the pass.

Halftime Score: w00t w00t 3 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: TAB goes back to receive the kickoff, which is a touchback. Khorne pushes some elves around, knock the treeman over, and mostly defend TAB when he makes it to midfield.

W9: A lineman falls over trying to get behind TAB.

K10: With a push of a nearby wardancer by a beastman, NATAB and TAB has a clear line downfield. TAB runs behind NATAB, then throws the ball to him. One elf gets knocked out... a beastman falls over trying to knock out another.

W10: Wardancers again blitz NATAB, and he again refuses to go down. (I award him the "Honorary Wardancer" title as a result.)

K10: NATAB pushes a wardancer back, breaks a tackle, and runs the ball in for the score.

W12: Khorne goes back to FFB. A riot, and the resulting turn loss, pretty much cement Khorne's loss.

K13: Khorne knocks over some players, but doesn't free up Sprafy on the left wing, who gets stuck in with a wardancer.

W13: The passer gets the ball to a downfield catcher.

K14: A beastman dodges past a wardancer, but falls over trying to GFI to blitz the catcher.

W14: The catcher goes to sit on the goal line.

K15: A foul against a down lineman stuns him.

W15: Not much.

K15: This time, the foul breaks the lineman's jaw, but gets Sprafy tossed.

W16: Catcher runs the ball in.

Final Score: w00t w00t 3 - 1 Kobb's Khorne

Final Thoughts: This felt more like a normal encounter with Wood Elves than our previous encounter. My lack of Minotaur meant that I had to use the majority of my line to contain his Treeman. Wardancers (and several linemen with dodge) refused to fall. I was at a manpower disadvantage, and couldn't manage to take anyone out of the game until the last (superfluous) turn. Overall, it reinforced my general feelings about BB trends: STR teams will will games, especially late in the season, but, often, AGL teams win championships because, at the end of the day, 50% of the AGL teams may die from sustained injuries, but they will generally have the ability to score at will in a way that's tough to counter. (Having said that, NEED MOAR TACKLE!!!!)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2012, 02:54:43 pm »

I dunno, haven't our champions been orcs and undead? :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2012, 03:33:58 pm »

Just gonna poke my head in here and mention that the internet at my new apartment actually lets me open ports, so once the next season rolls around, I can play for once!  Unlike the first season, where I wound up matched up against another player who also couldn't host.  That was sad.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2012, 03:41:16 pm »

I'll blame last season on you playing high elves. Had you taken their woody cousins, I bet you'd've gotten it. :-)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2012, 04:35:19 pm »

I'll blame last season on you playing high elves. Had you taken their woody cousins, I bet you'd've gotten it. :-)

I don't think Wood Elves are much better than Pro Elves. Personally, I feel they're worse -- but it's hard to argue with statistics...
Either way, a simple change of teams wouldn't have prevented me from playing abysmally. But I digress...

Woo another player! Glad to have you on board Sowelu. Have you any interest in replacing Xanatos Jr. in the existing season? (I believe you can replace a player midway through, can you not?) Admittedly, those games will be real tough and you might prefer to wait until next season.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2012, 06:06:12 pm »

Jartol - Manner Pylon versus AlStar - Ogrish Royal Guard

So, Jartol, looks like we're up again - what's your schedule look like?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2012, 01:40:22 pm »

I can't connect to the servers, is this still the patch related issues or is it partially/entirely the fault of my computer? It says my version of bloodbowl isn't supported, I believe.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2012, 01:47:29 pm »

I had to download a new patch when I connected. But I was able to connect. Try running the launcher and see if it tries to download another patch?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2012, 02:05:52 pm »

I don't think Wood Elves are much better than Pro Elves. Personally, I feel they're worse -- but it's hard to argue with statistics...
Either way, a simple change of teams wouldn't have prevented me from playing abysmally. But I digress...

Woo another player! Glad to have you on board Sowelu. Have you any interest in replacing Xanatos Jr. in the existing season? (I believe you can replace a player midway through, can you not?) Admittedly, those games will be real tough and you might prefer to wait until next season.

He's playing Norse?  Woo, sign me up.  Could someone tell me what his team looks like right now?  Any good upgrades to look forwards to, or is he completely lacking catchers and blitzers, etc?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2012, 02:08:13 pm »

I'm not getting any patches downloading, and I can't see an option to force Steam to download them. Might have to postpone this one. Or, given the quality of my play, just say I lost 2-0  :P
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2012, 02:09:15 pm »

You don't take over his team, you create your own from my understanding. You do inherit his points, if I remember correctly.

Sorry I'm kinda vague on all this stuff, but it's been a while. :p

Burnt Pies: Well, let's postpone it for now. There's still another match outstanding, and so we have time to reschedule.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:12:02 pm by Kanil »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2012, 04:14:14 pm »

Alright...You say that I'd be hauling a brand new rookie team in?  Can do.  What kind of team worth do you guys have rolling around?  The amount of inducements I can play with will change my strategy a bit (inducement-purchased team rerolls versus 'real' team rerolls).

Tempted towards either human or amazon.  I think amazon is what I'll probably go for.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 149