Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256298 times)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 4
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2012, 11:00:13 am »

Neither of us could stop the other's play, in the end. My blitzes on ball carriers either ended up letting the ball bounce to another, or just pushing. He couldn't bring down Tyrr the Slipstreamed, who scored the hattrick with the same play each time. The offence only fumbled towards the end, which left us with both good chances to finish, but neither of us were actually able to capitalise.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 5
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2012, 04:26:46 pm »

I wish to extend my thanks to all the players for playing all their games this week so quickly.

Matchups for week five:
AlStar - Ogrish Royal Guard versus Kanil - Self Inflicted
Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads versus Jartol - Manner Pylon

Sowelu - Featherhawks versus ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
ank - w00t w00t versus Charmander - Sahagin Stormers
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2012, 12:37:01 am »

Sowelu - Featherhawks versus ndkid - Kobb's Khorne

So, Sowelu, what time works for you? Also, do you use steam, such that I should just message you there?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »

Yeah, I'm on Steam.  You should be able to find me as either Traveller or SoweluWW, I've got a Princess Celestia picture as my avatar.

Tonight doesn't work, but tomorrow might?  I'm often up pretty late.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2012, 08:13:16 pm »

AlStar - Ogrish Royal Guard versus Kanil - Self Inflicted

The second game in the series once again ends in a tie, this time 2-2.

I don't have too much to say. My ogres once again seemed to take a soft hand to Kanil's team - we only got a couple of hits on the thralls, and none of our hits on the vampires broke armor.

I had the most horrible luck with 1d blocks with my snotlings - two tries, two skulls, two CAS. The first was a death (on a loner, so no big loss) and the second a BH.

We nearly managed to score twice in the first half - an excellent throw teammate ended with a missed landing, otherwise we could have run in a TD, which could very well have won us the game.

I managed to get a 3 skull block with one of my ogres. I'm not sure what the odds are on that, but I'm just glad he didn't manage to injure himself on it.

Good game Kanil!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2012, 08:34:25 pm »

Happens on roughly one in every 200 three-die blocks.

It was a pretty tense game. I had little trouble scoring, as the ogres are easy to tie up and the snotlings are puny. As AlStar noted, my thralls again were remarkably resilient, much more so than they should be.

I also had a good chance at scoring the go-ahead goal, but while trying to stop the snotlings from side-stepping into getting TZs on my receiver, I also managed to block him in and prevent him from running to the endzone. Oops.

Rolled another 6 on my winnings, which is just completely delightful. Unfortunately, this very likely means my last game vs Jartol's skaven is going to be a must-win game... and I've very little confidence in beating him. I suspect you've booked your trip to the post season, AlStar -- but we'll see.

zizi yO.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2012, 10:46:21 pm »

Yeah, I'm on Steam.  You should be able to find me as either Traveller or SoweluWW, I've got a Princess Celestia picture as my avatar.

Ah-ha! Found you! I was expecting you to be in the B12 Blood Bowl Group, but no such luck. :-)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2012, 11:52:20 am »

Me and Charmander played our game, but in the 12'th or so turn, Charmander DC'ed.

how do we handle this?

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2012, 12:29:57 pm »

Kanil can reset the game when he gets on, if you would like.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2012, 01:42:50 pm »

Ah-ha! Found you! I was expecting you to be in the B12 Blood Bowl Group, but no such luck. :-)

There's a group?  Will have to join this tonight.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2012, 04:05:46 pm »

The match between ank and Charmander has been reset.

I leave it up to you two to decide amongst yourselves how you wish to replay the match.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2012, 11:27:27 am »

We have rescheduled for saturday.
hope we won't be the last to finish.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2012, 01:11:36 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Featherhawks

Featherhawks elect to receive. Khorne lines up in FFB. The Featherhawks get over 800k in inducements, leading to a HMC, a star player, a wizard, a traveling apothecary, and who knows what else.

F1: The match starts with the star player knocking my minotaur out with a stab. One thrower picks up the relatively short kick; the other thrower flanks her. The Amazons make several successful 1-die blocks along the line.

K1: NATAB breaks a couple of tackles to blitz the ball carrier. A couple of Amazons on the line go down, as well. TAB pulls to the side of the field with the ball.

F2: A failed dodge off the top ends the turn very quickly.

K2: NATAB blitzes the other thrower, then picks up the ball and runs it toward the end zone.

F3: Another stab from Zara the slayer stuns a beastman. One Amazon gets beside NATAB, but the other trips up on the way.

K3: NATAB runs the ball in for the score.

F4: Khorne again lines up in FFB, but without the Minotaur, who is still taking a nap. A massive pitch invasion stuns 5 Khorne players, and knocks over 5 Amazons. An Amazon thrower muffs the pickup of the ball.

K4: Tail and NATAB run toward the thrower near the ball. The few remaining players standing on the line make a few blocks, mostly pushing some Amazons backward.

F5: The passer picks up the ball and tosses it to a nearby blitzer. A catcher knocks out Tail with a blitz. NATAB gets taken out by a wizard's blast.

K5: Most of the attempted blocks end in pushes. With nine players left on the field, several still lying down, there aren't too many blocks to make.

F6: Zara finally fails a stab. The blitzer with the ball pushes forward to midfield.

K6: The blitz on the ball carrier just pushes her back. The rest of the team starts to collapse on the ball carrier.

F7: A chaos warrior gets knocked off the pitch.

K7: TAB blitzes the ball carrier down; the ball bounces into the hands of another Amazon. This one gets pushed back, but stays standing.

F8: The thrower with the ball tosses it to a waiting catcher. A foul by a blitzer goes unnoticed, but is ineffective.

K8: TAB injures one of the Amazons.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Featherhawks

K9: The minotaur wakes up, giving Khorne 10 players to put on the pitch. They go strong side left, pulling TAB back to receive the kick. The halfling master chef cooks the worst meal of his life, leaving the Amazons unimpressed by his work. They still manage to blitz on the kickoff, however. TAB picks up the ball and starts to run it toward midfield. A series of blocks leaves four Amazons, including Zara, stunned.

F9: A linewoman falls over trying to dodge away from entirely too many Khorne players.

K10: TAB runs up and tosses the ball to Speedy Sprafy, who runs it downfield. Two beastmen trail to block for him. An Amazon gets knocked off the pitch.

F10: An Amazon gets beside Sprafy. Another knocks herself out trying to throw a block.

K11: The last Amazon gets knocked over, so Sprafy runs in for the score.

F11: Neither the two amazons nor the beastman wake up from their naps. Khorne gets as close to FFB as a 10-man line can. The kickoff lands near midfield. A thrower picks up the ball and tosses it to a catcher.

K12: The Minotaur pushes his way to beside the ball carrier, as does one of the beastmen.

F12: A blitzer gets downfield. The thrower goes around traffic, throws a beautiful pass... which the blitzer fails to catch.

K13: A beastman, going to teach the blitzer a lesson, falls over his feet on the way.

F13: The blitzer picks up the ball and runs it in.

K14: Tail wakes up, bringing Khorne back to a full compliment of 11, versus the Amazon's 10. TAB goes back to receive the kick. The Amazons blitz again, but again only push one beastman back. A touchback gives the ball to TAB, who runs forward. Speedy breaks downfield, and the minotaur knocks himself over trying to block a linewoman.

F14: Some players get pushed around.

K15: A Chaos Warrior's blitz pushes an Amazon far enough off the sideline to let TAB slip through. He tosses the ball to Speedy, who catches it and runs it in for the score.

F15: Both teams are back to 11 players. A quick snap pulls every Amazon off the front line. The attempt of the thrower to pick up the ball fails.

K16: An attempted foul on a blitzed Amazon only stuns her.

F16: The thrower tosses the ball to a waiting catcher. The Amazons attempt to foul a blitzed beastman, which is similarly futile.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 3 - 1 Featherhawks

Final Thoughts: Nuffle was not with the Featherhawks tonight. His HMC only got 1 reroll from me total, he had some bad pickup rolls... the only real saving grace was that his Amazons held up impressively well, taking only one injury all match. Having NATAB get knocked out early was good for me, in a sense, as it forced me to get some other players SPP who I too often ignore.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2012, 01:45:33 am »

Match validated. I believe our other two matches will both be played tomorrow, meaning week 6 will hopefully start Saturday/Sunday.

I'd again like to thank everyone for playing their games quickly.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2012, 11:35:16 am »

All right!  I suffered no long-term injuries, Jeff Bezos finally went up a level (a first for my team), and I even scored a touchdown!  I can't say I'm displeased, even with a loss.  That was a good match, ndkid.

Also, I'm up to my full compliment of special players now <3
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 149