Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256281 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 5
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2012, 05:33:34 pm »

My First Win! 1-0 to the Orcs! Could've been 2-0, but I didn't trust my GFIs, and the Skaven caught up with Morru the Blitzer one square from the line on the penultimate turn, and knocked him over.

It should probably have been 1-1 at least, but Jartol's dodge rolling was quite definitely on my side, and his blitzing wasn't much better. The orcs did their punchy thing once again, Gouging out an eye and smashing a hand. Once more, no serious injuries sustained by the greenskins.

I got a few lucky moments (Final turn of the first half, my ball carrier gets blitzed by the Stormvermin on the halfway line and knocked over but the Orc Linesman stood next to him picks up the ball, ensuring the nearby Gutter Runner can't grab it, hand it off to another one and score.)

My first 3 level-ups, too!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2012, 09:04:19 am »

I seriously don't know what the fuck is up with my PC. Game crashed as I was setting up for the second half, at 2-0 ahead. The other game was 1-1 at half time, and crashed after a score in the... 9th turn? Maybe tenth.

I really, really don't fucking know what to do at this point in time.

Edit: setting the game at 2-2 is probably fairest, all things considered. Still fucking frustrating, though...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:09:24 am by Charmander »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2012, 09:09:23 am »

We agreed on setting the game to 2-2 if it's possible, since everybody is waiting on us.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2012, 03:49:24 pm »

It's unfortunate that you two were unable to complete your game, but I am fine with setting the result to 2-2, and have done so. Hopefully you can sort out your issues, and get your next game played.

Matchups for week six:

Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads versus AlStar - Ogrish Royal Guard
Kanil - Self Inflicted versus Jartol - Manner Pylon

ndkid - Kobb's Khorne versus Sowelu - Featherhawks
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers versus ank - w00t w00t
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 6
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2012, 08:13:57 pm »

Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads versus AlStar - Ogrish Royal Guard

The Royal Guard loses to the Big Bads, 1-0, after a frankly insane run of 1d and -2d blocks that went in the Bad's favor.

I honestly thought I had the game shut down to a 0-0 tie, when late in the 2nd the ball was in my end zone, an ogre and a snotling guarding it. However, little did I forsee the -2d block (with no rerolls, it may be noted) that would push off the Ogre, giving a chance for a goblin to dodge in and pick up the ball.

I did have a chance to try a throw teammate score, but I decided (poorly, it turned out) to try and move one turn's worth of movement closer first, giving the orcs a chance to hit the snotling ballcarrier.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2012, 08:26:19 pm »

Another 1-0 victory! I kicked off in the first half, which promptly devolved into a squabble on the halfway line, each team jumping on anyone who looked like picking up the ball. Injuries were sustained on both sides (For a change), with the Orcs picking up a serious concussion for a linesman and a Pinched Nerve on the Thrower, the Ogres got a dead snotling and I can't remember what else. I was playing 1d and occasionally -2d blocks a lot, the majority of which went my way (Including one on a caged snotling ball carrier, where I rerolled to get 2 defender downs. That felt good.), pushing Ogres out of the way and snotlings into the way (Curse side step! Curse it!).

Receiving in the second half meant I got about half way into Alstar's territory before the meat grinder started up again (And KO'd my secondary Gobbo, who had the ball at the time :I). Morru the Blitzer and Tuffgang the Gobbo, with their MA of 6(!) broke away but were promptly clobbered by an Ogre one square away from a TD. Undaunted, Morru got up and blitzed the ogre, pushing his tackle zone off the ball, and Tuffgang promptly made his pickup roll (After fluffing it hilariously earlier and bouncing the ball between members of my team around 10 times) and 2 dodge rolls, scoring the only TD in turn 14.

Alstar figured the only way to salvage the game was by throwing a snotling (With ball) into my endzone, and I almost let him, accidentally kicking the ball out of bounds for my kickoff, but his concerns over accuracy meant he moved forward, where I managed to blitz his ball carrier with a Linesman (Maybe green skin blends in to grass?), and then the way my guys fell over meant he couldn't get another Snotling to pick up the ball and make it to an Ogre to be launched.

Luck was once more firmly on my side, I think.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2012, 11:57:19 pm »

Self Inflicted - Manner Pylon was played, ending 3-1 in the favor of the vampires.

Just two games left before the playoffs can begin.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2012, 09:34:56 am »

Self Inflicted - Manner Pylon was played, ending 3-1 in the favor of the vampires.

With my loss and your win, that clinches it for your team to the playoffs, yeah?

Nicely done.

Can't complain about my season - Did fairly well as an Ogre team. Winnings were pretty meh, but I did manage to pick up another Ogre by my last game. Never had any SIs on Ogres.

Wish I'd managed to roll a double for block on at least one Ogre, but *shrug* what can you do?

My +STR snotling served me better then expected, although I think my leader snotling has benefitted my team more often and consistantly - rerolling boneheads = good.

My snotlings took it on the chin (as expected) - I think I lost 3 to death and 2 to SIs over the season. The rest were BHs, which is actually not horrible, given their terribad armor and +'s to injury.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2012, 11:57:33 am »

I should be open to play my game on Sunday.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2012, 04:35:55 pm »

AlStar: Thank you, although to be honest, I largely lucked my way into the playoffs. Most of my games were won/not lost due to fortunate circumstance, rather than solid gameplaying.

Sowelu: Cool.

Charmander/ank: How are things going?

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2012, 11:21:19 am »

... I fucking hate this game.

No, really.

Nuffle can suck my slimy hemipenes. Bullshit should I get so many double ones on a match that I really need to win. Bullshit that the games I do start to win, and by quite a lot, I end up disconnecting or crashing or bluescreening. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

I'm going to get drunk.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2012, 11:24:18 am »

A glorious victory for the elves!
Although it came at a price.

The whole game was me defending, waiting for an opening, or a fumble.
those little skinks just couldn't throw the ball all game.
So when they fumbled or left an opening i promptly took the ball, passed it, and scored.

but a bloody game it was, i injured 4 skinks, and he in turn injured 5 elves, which means both my wardancers will miss next game.

The game ended 4 - 0 to me.

what a stark difference from last week when i didn't have my wardancers... will be back to no wardancers next game again :(

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2012, 10:25:30 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Featherhawks

This time, the Amazons had 770k in inducements to spend. A chef, a star player, a wizard, some cheering fans... and then it was kickoff time. Khorne elects to kick.

F1: Khorne lines up in FFB. The HMC fails to nab any rerolls. In retaliation, the Star Player user her knife to gouge out the Minotaur's eye. (The apoc manages to put it back in.) One of the throwers picks up the ball, and the rest of the team forms an almost-solid wall around her, with only one spot in the back open.

K1: Pushes on the line clear out some of the wall, and a push squirts the thrower to the back corner hole left in the wall. Speedy blitzes in and injures the thrower, knocking the ball to one of the catchers. NATAB pulls back in defense.

F2: Good blocks by the Amazons stun a Chaos Warrior and knock over a beastman. A blitzing linewoman single-handedly knocks another beastman over. A catcher without the ball trips over her feet running downfield. At the end of the turn, most of Kobb's Khorne is lying down on the job.

K2: NATAB runs back to assist a warrior in blitzing the ballcarrier. She goes down, and the ball lands at NATAB's feet.

F3: Zara the Stabby knocks NATAB off the ball. An attempt to dodge by another Amazon fails, leaving the ball beside Zara the Stabby at turn end.

K3: A Chaos Warrior pushes Zara back. Tail frees TAB to run downfield. NATAB picks up the ball, but his third arm is unaccustomed to throwing, only catching. The ball ends up in the general area of TAB, near the Amazonian end zone.

F4: A blitzer gets herself back to pick up the ball. However, she muffs the pass back toward midfield.

K4: NATAB pushes the blitzer off the ball; TAB picks it up and runs it in for the score.

F5: The lineups stay the same. A pitch invasion knocks over the majority of the featherhawks, but only several of Kobb's Khorne. Two of the blitzers left standing for the Amazons run back toward the ball.

K5: Several players, including Tail and TAB, run downfield to get beside the Amazon players. The Minotaur knocks himself over trying to block the one blitzer left standing on the line.

F6: A linewoman dodges away from Tail and picks up the ball. She throws it in the general direction of midfield.

K6: Many Khorne players stand up. Tail pushes a player off TAB. NATAB dodges away to pick up the ball, but even with three hands, can't managed to get one around it.

F7: A blitzer knocks out a beastman. Another Amazon dodges right into the arms of a different beastman.

K7: NATAB again picks up the ball and, after some blocks to move amazons out of the way, tries a quick pass to TAB. He again can't throw straight, and manages to end up with the ball bouncing to another Amazonian player.

F8: The ballcarrier dodges away from Tail, and tries to throw the ball to a nearby Amazon, only to end up with it even closer to the Featherhawks end zone.

K8: TAB runs to the end zone to catch a ball. Tail dodges around an Amazon, but fails to pick up the ball.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Featherhawks

K9: The HMC only gets one reroll, marking another game where the Featherhawks hired the one halfling who could burn water. TAB picks up the ball, passes it to NATAB, who pushes an Amazon out of the way and runs down the sideline. Despite five blocks along the line, not a single Amazon gets knocked over. However, the entire Khorne line does end up a couple of yards forward from where they were before.

F9: Three Amazons pull back to deal with NATAB, knocking him over. A block on the line takes out a *Chaos Warrior's* eye, and the apoc has already used all of his eye glue. As usual, the turn ends with a failed dodge.

K10: In retaliation, another Chaos Warrior kills Zara the Stabby, ending her reign of terror. After many blocks (some Amazons go down this time!), TAB gets a free path to pick up the ball (though he is beside an Amazon at the end).

F10: A gang of Amazons stuns TAB. A catcher ends up with the ball and a partial wall.

K11: Several blocks leave the ball carrier alone. She is blitzed down, and TAB runs around the end to pick up the ball.

F11: The Amazons get close to the ball.

K12: Another Amazon dies to another Chaos Warrior. TAB and another beastman get beside the ball.

F12: A thrower manages to pick up the ball and throw it downfield to a catcher, who runs it in for the score.

K13: The Amazons have only 10 players left to field. TAB again goes back to receive the kick. He picks up the ball and runs it up the middle. An Amazon is stunned, but most of the rest just get pushed around. NATAB blitzes on the edge and gets to the middle of the Amazonian backfield.

F13: One Amazon gets beside TAB; another is tripped up on the way.

K14: Another Amazon dies to Chaos Warrior brutality. TAB runs forward and tosses the ball to NATAB. NATAB gets beside the end zone. The Khorne line pushes, rather than knocking over, most of the Amazon line.

F14: An Amazon fails a 1D block on the edge.

K15: NATAB runs the ball in.

F15: Khorne, for the first time in a while, lines up with two defenders deep. The Featherhawks line up one thrower deep. She picks up the kickoff, runs it forward, and tosses it to a nearby catcher. Sadly, the catcher has no place to go, and holds as a wall builds around her.

K16: Khorne makes a few blocks of no import.

F16:

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 1 Featherhawks

Final Thoughts: This game was definitely closer than the previous outing. The fact that Nuffle didn't feel the need to cost me many rerolls this game (1) and gave me rerolls for cheering fans and the like (2), and the fact that I inflicted three deaths, in addition to one or two other casualties, suggests that Nuffle had decided pretty well in advance who was winning today. Despite that, Sowelu put up solid numbers, and kept it close to the final turns. Hopefully, this one will be enough to squeak me into the playoffs. Also, hats off to Sowelu for coming in late as a replacement and facing his rookie team against my fairly brutal (though usually not this brutal) Khorne.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2012, 10:45:10 pm »

And that's the last game of the week. Game validated, season advanced.

Matchups for Playoff Round One:
Kanil - Self Inflicted versus ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
ank - w00t w00t versus Jartol - Manner Pylon

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Playoffs
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2012, 11:56:45 am »

Whew!  You know the Featherhawks are going to be grateful it's over.

F13 against Kobb's Khorne in that game is pretty much where it all went downhill.  If my blitzer(?) hadn't been tripped, I had a 2-die block against the ball carrier and despite all the death and destruction might have held it out for a tie...but that's life, and it sure went better than the last match.

The Featherhawks have exactly 11 players, and fortunately they now have three surviving level-2s.  On the other hand, they've only got a team worth of 980k, and 2k in the bank...not enough to have any backup if someone goes down.  I think they might retire after this season while the rest are still alive--perhaps to be replaced by another, more sturdy team.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 149