Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 255609 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 7
« Reply #855 on: May 24, 2013, 01:07:40 am »

I messaged Burnt Pies a couple of days ago but haven't had a reply yet.  Perhaps she(?) is not around??
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 24, 2013, 10:10:31 am »

I messaged Burnt Pies a couple of days ago but haven't had a reply yet.  Perhaps she(?) is not around??

I will say she's tricky to get hold of via the forums- if you can catch her on Steam, that's much more reliable.

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 25, 2013, 03:36:45 pm »

Mephisto's Fist-o's v Glistening Dementia

Just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong for both teams this game. There were 15 turnovers.

Mephisto's choose to receive, after a lucky injury with the Bloodthirster (his first of the season) with the first move, the Minotaur bought with inducements rolls double both down, succeeds a loner reroll, and rolls double skulls ending the turn on the second block. Dementia retaliate with a few punches, Wild Animal with the minotaur, and move hobgoblins towards the ball. Attempting to set up a cage, a pit fighter goes for the ball and fails the pick up and reroll, ending the turn instantly. Two chaos dwarfs put tackle zones on the ball, then a minotaur on minotaur blitz results in a both down and turnover.

Mephisto's uses a Bloodletter to remove a tackle zone from the ball, runs a pit fighter over for extra ball coverage, then succeeds in picking up the ball and dodging away, handing off to another pit fighter, and forming a three-point cage on the left side of the pitch. Dementia screens with a few hobgoblins, punches some demons, and gets a dwarf in base contact with the ball carrier. Mephisto's shifts some players around and blitzes the ball carrier free, but cannot move far due to the screen. Dementia takes advantage of the standstill to punch three players in base contact with the ball carrier, including their Bull Centaur. Mephisto's punches a hole for the ball carrier, blitzes a Bloodletter downfield free (injuring a hobgoblin), then dodges the ball carrier out and passes to the Bloodletter. The pass fails and scatters the ball 3 squares from the endzone.

Dementia capitalizes on this failure to blitz the receiving Bloodletter down with their Bull Centaur, then proceeds to push and punch demons all over the pitch. Not to be out-punched, Mephisto's charges the Bull Centaur down with their minotaur, fracturing it's arm and removing it from the pitch. Fists are exchanged, with Dementia attempting to get closer to the ball with their only nearby hobgoblin. Unfortunately, the hobgoblin near the ball rolls a both down. Although a pit fighter is KO'd due to this, it leaves a bloodletter demon completely open and dangerously near the ball and in easy scoring range. Mephisto's, using a combination of skill, cunning, and fortitude, proceed to viciously fumble the ball around on the ground for two turns, ending the half 0-0.

Dementia is down by 2 players at the beginning of the second half, while Mephito's remains at full strength. Dementia starts the turn by punching through Mephito's front line, KO'ing a pit fighter and stunning two more. A beautiful hobgoblin pass leads to a tight cage just past the line of scrimmage. Mepisto's screen and bring a few players up the side of the pitch, while blitzing their Bloodthirster next to the ball carrier. Dementia attempts to free their ball carrier, but a bad reroll results in double skulls and a turnover. Mephisto's then punches the ball loose, picks it up with a Bloodletter, and moves downfield under the cover of a second Bloodletter and minotaur. Dementia bases the ball carrier with a hoblin, then blocks a chaos dwarf loose to charge down the field. Making two going-for-its, the dwarf slams into the ball carrier, but bounces off and falls to the ground. Mephisto's exploits this opening to knock the ball carrier free and score the first touchdown of the match on turn 11.

The second drive starts with a Blitz kickoff roll in Mephisto's favor, who use it to surround the dwarf front line and get two players near where the ball will land. A fortunate scatter keeps the ball from Mephisto's and moves it closer to the receiving hobgoblins. Seeing the Mephisto's overextended, Dementia punch a hole through the center off the defense while simultaneously weakening Mephisto's flanks and moving the ball up the left of the pitch. The Fist-o's are barely able to free a single player to mark the ball carrier, which Dementia responds to by KO'ing, then injuring two other players in the center of the field. Unfortunately, Dementia did not have a player to mark a bloodletter further up the pitch who was able to blitz the ball carrier down 6 spaces from the end zone. Dementia attempt to recover by blitzing the single bloodletter on the ball with their minotaur, but suffer a both down and turnover. Mephisto's re-positions a few players and blitzes down a dwarf to cut off the hobgoblin and minotaur from further support. Taking a chance, the downed hobgoblin near the ball leaps up, dodges into a tackle zone with the ball, picks up it, then fails blitzing through the bloodletter in the way, losing hold of the ball again. Some punching and a failed vanity pass happen on the last turn, and the game ends 1-0 in Mephisto's favor.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:14 pm »

15 turnovers? Dang! Good job handing the Chaos Dwarves their first loss of the season, that's nothing to sneeze at!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 25, 2013, 10:53:38 pm »

Wow, nice job on beating Glistening Dementia!  I thought that team looked unbeatable.

I will say she's tricky to get hold of via the forums- if you can catch her on Steam, that's much more reliable.

Thanks for the tip, but what is her steam ID?  Can't find a Burnt Pies in the BB group, and the only one on steam last logged in a thousand days ago.   :-\
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 26, 2013, 09:53:55 am »

Brunch's Big Bads 1 - 0 The Forked Pies

A nailbiting game for the halflings, who ALMOST SCORED!  First half, the halfling star player, their chef, took all the Orc rerolls giving them 5 or 6.  The Big Bads received, but lost Tuffgang to injury straight away.  The whole half was the orcs slowly making their way towards the halfling line with a whole lot of fumbling on both sides.  It was just a big mess with lots of halfling pancakes.

Second half we tried to cage the ball carrier and throw (having royally screwed that up in the first half by throwing a moved fling).  The orcs couldn't get to the small chap before the throw, but he failed the land.  The apothecary was called to try to keep him next to the ball, but he claimed he could only make things worse.  What did I pay him for?  Tuffgang was back on the pitch by this time, picked up the ball and stormed down a flank with that crazy run of his for the only score of the game.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 29, 2013, 09:28:59 am »

I know smakemupagus mentioned not being able to schedule a game until today... is that game scheduled? What about ExKirby v. Charmander?

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 29, 2013, 01:28:34 pm »

No reply to a PM, and I haven't seen him on Steam. Last login was four days ago.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 29, 2013, 02:35:00 pm »

AFAIK smakemupagus should be getting back sometime this evening, unfortunately I'm camping with my family for these next few days, so the game should go in on either Friday evening or Saturday/Sunday at the latest. I'm just waiting for him to reply with an exact hour time for us to play at (which he should hopefully do this evening).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 29, 2013, 03:01:00 pm »

As long as the game is scheduled, everything is fine.
We don't mind waiting a few days (even a week) if the game is scheduled.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 29, 2013, 06:47:50 pm »

Hi guys, just replied to i2amroy's PM but just so you all know too, Friday evening or weekend works for me too, so consider it scheduled :)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 30, 2013, 01:14:45 pm »

Saturday 8PM BST is when our game is scheduled.

Turns out he was on holiday.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 30, 2013, 01:57:12 pm »

whoo scheduled games!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 31, 2013, 09:34:08 pm »

And victory goes to The Other Kittens in a 1-0 very last turn double going for it touchdown! I'll be posting a more in-depth game sequence here in a while, but I will say this right now. One, I hate that dang white field, makes it impossible to tell what the heck is going on. And two, I'm going to enjoy my new rotter named "Zara the Slayer". :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 149