Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256285 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 12
« Reply #990 on: July 22, 2013, 08:15:59 pm »

Hrmmm, I'm not seeing the guard skill come up when leveling up my players. Is it random and I'm just unlucky? Or is it a double roll?

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 22, 2013, 08:20:52 pm »

Hrmmm, I'm not seeing the guard skill come up when leveling up my players. Is it random and I'm just unlucky? Or is it a double roll?
It depends. You're probably looking at the "General" category when you level up. If the player type can get Strength skills, Guard will be on that list. Usually, Blitzers and big guys have access to that list, but it depends on the team.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 22, 2013, 08:26:22 pm »

Well I'm dwarves so I assumed it would come up at least once by now.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 23, 2013, 09:50:57 am »

Yes, I believe most dwarves have access to the Strength List. So, when you level up, and the dropdown says "General", does it allow you to select "Strength"?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 7, Week 13
« Reply #994 on: July 23, 2013, 06:13:17 pm »

Let's see...

smakemupagus left for vacation a while ago, and hasn't been seen since. He mentioned he'd be back by now, so I'm not sure if he's had some dramas or what. Either way, he noted we can skip him if he's holding the tournament up.

Symbiode has withdrawn from the tournament, effective immediately. Should he qualify for the playoffs anyway, he will be replaced with the 9th place finisher.

Things are kind of messy at the moment, but fortunately this is the last week.

Matchups for Week 13:
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs AlStar - Glistening Dementia
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
smakemupagus - Norsca Frostskalds vs ExKirby - The Blood Roses
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne vs ank - Bay12 Breakers
hermes - The Forked Pies vs A Spoony Bard - DOOMWHEELS
Charmander - Sahagin Stormers vs BYE
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs Kanil - Skitterscamps
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 23, 2013, 07:42:08 pm »

Yes, I believe most dwarves have access to the Strength List. So, when you level up, and the dropdown says "General", does it allow you to select "Strength"?

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG... So many missed guards.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 23, 2013, 11:31:00 pm »

Symbiode has withdrawn from the tournament, effective immediately. Should he qualify for the playoffs anyway, he will be replaced with the 9th place finisher.
I'm going to the Play-offs! Woot!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #997 on: July 24, 2013, 06:09:32 am »

Dwarves suck at first. They only come into their own after they've all levelled to get Guard. Otherwise they're just super slow and medium/good blockers. With Guard they become an almost impenetrable shield wall... but good luck catching anything that does manage to push past!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 24, 2013, 08:16:44 am »

Dwarves suck at first. They only come into their own after they've all levelled to get Guard. Otherwise they're just super slow and medium/good blockers. With Guard they become an almost impenetrable shield wall... but good luck catching anything that does manage to push past!

I'm not sure I'd go that far. Their hard heads mean you're almost never fielding less than a full compliment. The dwarves are a really slow tempo team, but it's usually hard for the speed teams to dislodge the ball from them, so they keep the scores down even against elves. They may not win most of the time against elves, but then, who does? :-)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 24, 2013, 03:03:20 pm »

monk and I played our game, resulting in a 2-1 victory for the humans. This clinches second seed for monk, and locks in Charmander to third, and myself to fourth. AlStar already had first wrapped up, and i2amroy cannot advance from eighth, leaving just fifth through seventh undecided.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 28, 2013, 12:22:13 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Bay12 Breakers
Khorne hires a Wizard for the match. Ank elects to receive the first kickoff.

B1: Khorne lines up 9 on the front line, and two wingers a couple of yards off the line. The Breakers get a death on their second block, but the Khorne apoc cleans it up. Another beastman is stunned, and a warrior is knocked out. A S3 vs. S4 block by a lineman comes up double block, putting another warrior down.

K1: Speedy blitzes the Runner with the ball, but only pushes him back. New TAB gets beside the other deep dwarf. A few players stand up, a couple of dwarves get pushed, and one troll slayer gets knocked down.

B2: A warrior, a beastman, and the minotaur each get knocked over. Speedy stays upright.

K2: Speedy and New TAB double up on the ball carrier, knocking him over. Sadly, Speedy, having only two arms, does not do so well picking up the ball.

B3: An attempt to knock over Speedy double-double-skulls.

K3: New TAB picks up the ball and runs in the score.

B4: The deathroller is sent off. A troll slayer injures a warrior. A newly non-rookie beastman gets his knee smashed in. Another warrior is injured by a blocker, taking Khorne down to 8 players on the pitch and 9 total available. The speedy runner gets just over the midfield line with the ball.

K4: Khorne Retreats.

B5: Speedy is knocked off the pitch and, as you'd expect, injured. The dwarves form an odd wedge, with guards around the ball carrier.

K5: A block fails to do anything.

B6: After some blocks, the runner gets the ball in for the score.

K6: With its eight players, Khorne tries for the best. New TAB picks up the ball and gets it to the catcher, who runs it downfield with a couple of supporting beastmen. A warrior skulls on a one-die block.

B7: A troll slayer falls over trying to GFI for a blitz on the catcher.

K7: The catcher runs in the score.

B8: A minotaur and two rookie beastmen go on the line for Khorne. A beastman gets knocked out. Another gets stunned, as does the minotaur.

K8: Fritz injures a blitzer, but the apoc cleans it up.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 1 Bay12 Breakers

K9: Kobb lines up strong side left, away from the M8 runner. The minotaur knocks out a dwarf. New TAB picks up the ball and begins moving it forward. The left hand side swarms downfield.

B9: The catcher gets pushed out of bounds but, surprisingly, doesn't suffer an injury. A dwarf falls over trying to block the minotaur.

K10: New TAB tosses the ball to a downfield rookie, who runs it into daylight. A couple of dwarves get knocked over back at the line of scrimmage.

B10: The speedy runner gets beside the rookie, but only manages to push him. A couple of other blocks succeed, then a dwarf double-skulls on the minotaur.

K11: One rookie knocks over the runner, and the one with the ball scores the touchdown.

B11: The kickoff lands deep in the corner. A runner picks it up. Several Khorne players are knocked over.

K12: New TAB and the catcher run into the Breakers backfield. Fritz knocks over a dwarf.

B12: The minotaur and two warriors are knocked down. A beastman is stunned.

K13: Fritz stuns a dwarf.

B13: The minotaur is stunned. Several beastmen are knocked down. The runner with the ball moves forward slightly.

K14: A warrior knocks out a dwarf.

B14: The catcher is knocked out. The runner continues toward the end zone.

K15: A warrior injures a dwarf. New TAB fails to dodge.

B15: The runner is zapped with a lightning bolt. The M8 runner therefore picks up the ball and continues it forward.

K16: Some blocks stun some dwarves.

B16: The runner puts the ball in the end zone.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 3 - 2 Bay12 Breakers

Thoughts: After those first couple of turns, even though I was up 1-0, I thought I was sunk... that sort of manpower against dwarves seemed like a recipe for disaster. Thankfully, after the initial glut of blood, things calmed down, and I was able to sneak a score in before halftime. Getting the ball to start the second half gave me another shot, and while it was both ugly and lucky, once I went up 3-1, I was pretty sure I could slow the dwarven advance enough to hold on to the lead. Mostly, I am thankful for having to deal with only three turns of deathroller!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 28, 2013, 04:21:00 pm »

It seems hermes and A Spoony Bard played their match as well. AlStar vs Jartol is scheduled, I'm not sure where smakemupagus or ExKirby are at the moment, so I have no idea on the status of that game.

That just leaves i2amroy vs Burnt Pies as the only remaining game unaccounted for. Playoffs should be pretty quick, and we can head towards a hopefully more organized season 8.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 28, 2013, 11:27:30 pm »

Playoffs should be pretty quick, and we can head towards a hopefully more organized season 8.
I get the feeling that size of season and "organization" of season are pretty tightly correlated. Our best seasons have topped at 8, I think.

I sometimes wonder as well whether we'd be well-served having a rookie team league, since there have been a number of people who've felt turned off by the massive team rating discrepancy problem. (Personally, as someone who's never in his life gotten to play with a star player, I find the idea of a matchup that'd allow me to do so intriguing, and I'd've probably let Khorne sit out a season by now and go back to my only-one-season-used orc team, if we didn't always have someone else wanting to play orcs.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 28, 2013, 11:55:19 pm »

I've always been willing to organize a rookie tournament, to run alongside the existing one. I envision it starting around mid-season, letting new players join up sooner, and giving people chances to start training a new team. There's never been much interest in it, though. I'd be open to other formats for it as well.

If you mean to say have the main tournament be a rookie tournament, then I am not really willing to do that. But if there's demand, then someone else can assume tournament management responsibilities and use whatever rules/format they want.

I am planning on making some changes to how the tournament is managed (or who manages it) for next season, so hopefully things will actually run smoother, irregardless of how many people are playing (or not playing, as it often is...)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 29, 2013, 07:07:58 pm »

That just leaves i2amroy vs Burnt Pies as the only remaining game unaccounted for. Playoffs should be pretty quick, and we can head towards a hopefully more organized season 8.
I've sent both a message and a friend invite over steam to allow me to chat. Just waiting to be responded to so we can set a time (since I'm still on summer break and am completely free almost 24/7).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 149