Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256343 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 2 - TT S4, W2
« Reply #1815 on: January 30, 2015, 11:04:27 pm »

Well, that's two teams that have lost a player against me... I wonder how large a body count my team will rack up when we face some of the squishier teams...

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: January 31, 2015, 06:28:05 am »

I wish i could show off my AG5 leaping Delf blitzers in the team I have in another league.  Nobody can pin those guys down.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 03, 2015, 01:41:25 am »

By the way, so long as I'm back at my computer now:

Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners 1 - 1 Criptfiend - Scaly and Lazy. Another tie for the tie god.

The game was very fun, although a bit silly. I sorta deserved a 2-0 loss there, but that's how the game goes!

It opened with me receving, pushing forward on the front line. The ball landed on a good spot though, so it was moved up quite slowly, not at all helped by the damned sticky snotlings. The orges and lizards punched it out, it seemed quite close, however a early turn over from a failed skink dodge ended the stalemate, with the extra turn the ogres overran my lines and got the ball free. A snotling quite easily picked up the ball and walked in for a touchdown. There were still two turns left in the round, so I figured I'd at least make a go at it, but then a riot broke out, taking a turn off the clock, and leaving me with no time at all for a touchdown.

In the second half Kanil received, I kicked the ball right onto the line on one side, and was luckily able to swamp the area with lizardmen and skinks as my other lizardmen tried their hardest to tie up the ogre. I managed to get the ball from the snots, but it was a bit too late, as the orges moved in and a saurus got surfed off the pitch. My skink ball carriar almost alone and surrounded, the future looked bleak... Except for the snot in the corner of the cage surrounding him! My skink blitzed him, got the defender down, and made a few dodges to get free, he ran forward on his skinky little legs and got out of the reach of the orges. The orges were far to lazy to chase him down, and instead turned to my lizardmen and remaining skinks, content to let my skink wait out the clock to force the tie. There was a ball of scales, claws, and big meaty fists in the middle of the pitch, the true heart of blood bowl was seen by all that day. Although no one got hurt except for one of my lizardmen who died off on the side in a unrelated snotfoul. On the last turn the ogres made a effort to serf my ball carrier off the edge of the map with a thrown snot, but the orge could hardly bring himself to care at that point, just casually tossing the snot off in the general direction, it landed somewhere in the crowd, a souvenir for some lucky boy or girl fan. The orges seemed to give a collective shrug to the tie and all laid down on the pitch to take a nap as the lizardmen went off to their locker rooms to celebrate, their frustrated owner trying to suggest that unlike in demon invasions, merely surviving on the pitch isn't good enough in blood bowl.

End result: Two badly hurt snots, two ko'd snots. Like, one ko'd skink who got right back up. Two Saurus got killed, although the first one was brought back by the healer and the second one was just a level one scrub. No other lizardman injuries. A lot less terrifying outcome then I had feared.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:45:20 am by Criptfeind »

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 03, 2015, 04:39:37 pm »

SLAYA'S SVENS 2-0 Stumpy Surgeons

This game involved nearly no blood. A lot of stuns, but only one injury in the entire game. RIP Hans, your time on the pitch was short and your impact minimal, maybe that's why the crowd killed you as soon as they had the chance, xD. Other than that the game was pretty uneventful with two teams punching each other (the norse much more than the dwarves) and nobody doing much of anything. A few failed die rolls in the second half gave the norse control of the game allowing for serious pressure in the dwarven backfield resulting in the second norse TD after stalling until turn 16.

The norse did receive two more level ups after this game giving them a runner with +move and a lineman with tackle.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 03, 2015, 04:53:40 pm »

Cript - Cripts Clobbers 1-1 Kansa - The Black Guards

Another tie for the tie god.

Game started with me receiving, kansa kicked the ball right into the front lines, and there was quite a scuffle over who would get it. In the end I grabbed it up and ran a beastman around a bit, until eventually getting it into the end zone with two turns to spare. Nothing really happened on the next drive.

The next half started with kansa receiving the ball. He went full elf, running back and forth behind the lines until my team got too disordered to stop his run forward except a halfhearted couple of beastmen marking his ball carrier.

A few turns left in the match, I ran forwards as fast as I could, but kansa put his whole team between my beastman the goal. And I had nowhere near enough time to break though.

One of my mercenaries managed to somehow get 5 spp. Which made me very sad. At least the other one got a career ending injury.

(A bit shorter summery then I would normally give, there were some exciting bits and such in the game, but I got distracted after it as I was writing this up and forgot most of it, Kansa might be able to fill in some of the better things that happened.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:56:20 pm by Criptfeind »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 03, 2015, 05:17:18 pm »

And I lost yet another runner, and yet more Team Value :P.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: February 03, 2015, 05:54:53 pm »

Cript - Cripts Clobbers 1-1 Kansa - The Black Guards

Another tie for the tie god.

Does the tie god wear a bow tie or a business tie? Oh and do they cover tie fighters too?

Wait, does that mean you have no runners now?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 03, 2015, 05:59:45 pm »

Wait, does that mean you have no runners now?
No, Doc Wheelchair is still alive (and is the one who scored) but the new recruit I bought for that very game, Hans Nötdyingagain, died again. Immediately.

I don't have the money for another runner, this time.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: February 07, 2015, 04:38:55 am »

Match between my Orcs and Monks Halflings ended 2 - 0 to the Orcs.

There were a few injuries.  I think as many 'lings got sent off as injured though.  I think Monk is down a treeman for the next match and I had to use an apothecary to keep a blorc from being hurt. 

MVP went to the orc Blitzer who is a magnet for being hurt which is 'nice'

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1824 on: February 07, 2015, 04:57:16 pm »

The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds vs Slow March of Death: 0 - 1

Well that was a complete disaster.

This game was a showcase why I absolutely loath playing against undead teams. I have idea how to deal with them. At least as an orc.

Well anyways. The match started with rain, foreshadowing the imminent disaster. Kicked the ball which one of Raddish's ghoul quickly acquired without a problem. While I spent few turns trying to bash as much skulls as I could and failing at that and also being locked down by those damn mummies, Nuffle decided to be a real meany this time to me. On Raddish's turn, one of his ghouls engaged my thrower, but rolled "both down". However, it was a deadly strike, and my orc's life hung by the thread! Luckily I had just enough money from my last match to buy an apothecary. "Luckily", or so I though. Now, I could have misread or misunderstood something here. But when I tried to revive him, I am sure I saw a successful revive, resulting in a "badly injured" instead of dead. However, checking my box at the halftime, I've spotted said orc marked as dead there. And checking a replay (not a video one, just the static one at the end of the match - isn't there a video one?), it's also marked as dead there. I don't wanna call shenanigans here, I might have misunderstood something (was Raddish's ghoul near-dead too and did I see HIS result?? Did I misclick something??) but needless to say one dead thrower does not a happy Sinistar make. But I digress.
Spotting an opening on my left flank, the ball carrier darted towards the endzone and with it's MA7, ended just one step away from scoring. Despite accepting the inevitable 1-0, I've sent my closest orc down there in a valiant effort to at least show some resistance. Maybe, by some extraordinary feat of luck, I could tackle the ghoul, making it drop the ball and forcing a turnover? Raddish's decided however, to answer my "challenge" and sent some of his players through my already broken lines to support the ball carrier. At this point, he then suffered some turnovers which I wasn't really paying attention to what cause may be for them. Maybe he decided to just be nice and offer me a fighting chance. Alas, it was all for naught and and eventually the touchdown was made. And barely a turn away from the end of the first half. Nothing of significance happened during that bar the riot kick-off event.

Second half didn't bring much excitement to the field, at least for me. Another riot passed and the ball landed in a relatively good position for me. I proceeded to bash the center front lines (this time consisting only 3 skelies) and form a cage in the event my blitzer manages to pick up the ball... which, strange as it may sound given the weather and the luck in my game last week, he did! So I slowly moved my cage up, but seeing the center getting closed-up, I tried for my right flank. Had a bit of success, but just couldn't brak through and eventually the mummies (which were positioned further back this time) closed on me and the cage moved for about tile a turn. The clock was ticking and in the end I couldn't even pull off a draw. I did find myself in an interesting situation, kinda similar to one in my game before - one of my orcs could make a go-for-it touchdown, if only he had the ball and I could clear ways one skeleton... and, of course, if only I could pass the ball twice in a row. Which I failed on my first try. At that point I had already burned through all of my re-rolls so the ball went off the pitch thanks to me being positioned so close to the border. The ball was thrown back and one of the ghouls got the ball again. Running towards one of the wraights which was left behind my lines (I used it as a frustration puppet, ganking up on him with two of my orc... hey, at least I didn't faul it! And it eventually dodged it's way out anyways), the ghoul tried to pass... but failed. I'm not sure if the wreight was even close enough for it to score, but I'm just glad that it didn't catch the ball anyways so the game, then on it's 16th turn, finally ended.

All in all, a bit less eventful than my last game, I'd say. I was clearly outplayed here. Some clear mistakes were made like not paying attention at the initial formation setting (shouldn't group up so much because of those damn mummies) and placing some of my guys to close to the pitch border (which Raddish cleverly used against me by pushing them off), and I should have played a match or two against the AI undead as it's been a long since I practiced against them (and even then it was just 2 games in a most basic campaign league). But in the end it was more or less the result I was expecting. I'm just not a fan of the undead, no sir.

Congratulations on the win, Raddish, hopefully I'll do better against the wood elves next week. Just gotta catch them and beat them down, I guess, 1 player disadvantage or no.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 07, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »

I think you misclicked.  It definitely rerolled to badly hurt from dead. I had one played who was injured get back up thanks to regeneration.

I am still learning how to play Undead.  I think I got fairly lucky with my rolls in most of the places and was able to make good use of the players I had to slow you up.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 07, 2015, 05:30:31 pm »

If I really misclicked there then I don't know what to hate more - myself for wasting such an opportunity or the fact there's even a possibility for a misclick. Gundammit.

As for good rolls - I'd agree you had a fair amount of knock down rolls in the first few rounds, incapacitating my defense quite neatly, but on the other hand I should have just position better so I think it was a deserved win for you, luck or no luck.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 07, 2015, 05:54:20 pm »

The apothecary decided to put him out of his misery, it was the only way

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 07, 2015, 06:29:56 pm »

When you use an apothecary, it rerolls the outcome and lets you choose which one to apply. It's possible you still applied the dead outcome instead of the badly hurt one?

It's nice to have the choice when your apothecary decides to fix his groin sprain by killing him or smashing his collar bone (same thing, really.)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 08, 2015, 04:44:26 am »

Aye, there is no other explanation than a misclick then. Forgot you can apply apothecary regardless of the injury, yesterday night I though it was just in case of death so of course I thought it was silly to let you even choose the result in that case. But it's all clear now. Still sour about it but I can blame only myself for being stressed out.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 149