Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256331 times)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 2 - TT S4, W2
« Reply #1830 on: February 08, 2015, 10:48:55 pm »

All matches played and both leagues have been advanced!

Week Three Main League Matchups are:
i2amroy - The Daemoning! vs Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs
monk12 - Monk's Mafioso vs Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners
Criptfiend - Scaly and Lazy vs THE_SLAYA - Slashing Slayers

Week Three Training League Matchups are:
Kansa - The Black Guards vs Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls
Raddish - Slow March of Death vs Criptfeind - Cripts Clobbers
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs Aslandus - landing party
i2amroy - Fightin Fairies vs Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds
monk12 - Monk's Mutineers vs Remuthra - Stumpy Surgeons

Both league will advance next Monday barring scheduling issues.

I must say, I'm excited for the norse v norse matchup, should be a fun game(:

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: February 08, 2015, 11:03:02 pm »

Yep, unfortunately we couldn't fit a yhetee on our boats when we sailed in for the game, but we have some reinforcements now...

Certainly going to be an fun battle match

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 09, 2015, 01:09:56 am »

You can have your Nordic mirror match, I've been looking forward to the Stunty Bowl all season! How many other teams can I claim to be bigger and stronger than?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: February 09, 2015, 06:17:05 am »

Yay, inducements!

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 3 - TT S4, W3
« Reply #1834 on: February 11, 2015, 04:18:57 pm »

In the match between me and Criptfiend I may have been the winner by score, 1 - 0 to Slow March of Death

In reality the true winner of that match was the dice as they made everything we did difficult and horrible.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 11, 2015, 05:07:09 pm »

It was a pretty interesting game.

I started receiving, and sent almost my whole team down one side in a big cage. I punched my way forward, and with some bad luck on Raddishes side I punched though his lines and got the ball carrier two squares away from the goal with a cage around him. But then a ghoul blitzed though my cage and send my carrier down to the ground, the ball hopped towards the edge, and the ghoul followed it, getting knocked down but sending the ball out of bounds. Where it got thrown back in right in the middle of Raddishs half. Still, I had two turns, so I picked it up, moved my guy right next to the goal again, and put up a partial cage. He got a skeleton marking my ball carrier and my blitz on it caused a turn over, ending the half.

Second half was... Interesting. I'm still agonizing over my choices. The kickoff event was to allow me to rearrange my line, and I tried to take advantage of that, his mummies were on the outside of the line of skirmish, so I moved some warriors into the middle, to see if I could win that fight. That was a pretty big mistake. Even though at the start I had the strength advantage in the middle, with his mummies clearing the sides he could move in flankers, and he overpowered me. That did mean that he weakened his own flanks... But I'm not sure that was a good thing for me in the long run.

Anyway, after that the left right was pretty much totally open, so, I sent a team of beastmen in to contest the ball. My thought process was that if I let him get a cage of blocking wrights and strength 5 mummies, that wasn't going to be a war I would win, and that I had a better chance if I injected my team onto the ball before he could pull out of or bring the ball to his strong middle. It... Partially worked. But his ghoul dodged away and my blitzing beastmen were useless. Which then let him go into the almost totally vacated left and just wait (and punch half my team into the casualty box) until the game was over.

Hum. I'm still wondering exactly how stupid the blitz onto his side was... Perhaps my issue is that I am playing a NPC campaign with Chaos right now, and I am used to my ball hunters being so much better. Or maybe it was still right, as judging by what happened after the fact my chance of winning by muscle was quite low. Ether way, it's a play I'm going to have to think about for a while as I look forward to my next game, where I'm going to be bringing like 3-4 mercenaries to bear against the Wood Elfs. What a joy that will be.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: February 12, 2015, 04:00:46 pm »

SLAYA'S SVENS 3-0 landing party

This game got off to a bloody start and didn't slow down. The SVENS kicked the ball to the landing party and didn't take any damage on the first turn, allowing them to knock down most of the party including a BH on a lineman. The SVENS continued to beat the party into, or off of, the pitch for the next three turns resulting in a dead runner (apothecaried to a BH) a KO'd berserker and lineman, and two or three players simply pushed off the pitch. After securing the player advantage, the SVENS went on to secure the ball by badly hurting three more linemen and giving one of the werewolves a MNG. Deciding that this was enough pain for one half the SVENS pushed one or two more players off the pitch for the crowd to handle and had SVEN (the runner) run the ball in for a turn eight TD.

After being fed players steadily throughout the first half the crowd wanted to keep in on the action and started the second half out with a pitch invasion. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunatly, but probably not) for the party the fans liked the SVENS quite a bit more and stunned all but two of the party and only two SVENS leaving the SVENS with an easy path right down the field for their second TD (also scored by the runner SVEN). The SVENS did manage to give the other werewolf a BH this drive but lost their yhetee to a Smashed hand (the Yhetee may have gone in the first half, can't really remember, xp). The landing party were now severely outnumbered for the final drive of the game (6-10 with no werewolves) and couldn't stop the SVENS from bashing through them to pick up the ball for a third and final TD by none other than the speedy SVEN (the runner... again).

Overall a fun and bloody match leaving the SVENS 3-0 and still perfect on defense not allowing a single TD all season. They'll miss the Yhetee next game against Kanil, but they're ready to go with a bolstered backfield with the new hiring of SVEN (the other runner).

In other SVEN  news, SVEN (the runner) has a massive lead in running yards for the league (especially after his stellar performance this game) and SVEN (the werewolf) has amassed six casualties in three games this season (also far ahead of all competitors atm). Hopefully the SVENS can keep it up throughout the season.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: February 12, 2015, 04:27:36 pm »

Them kickoff events. I got a grand total of 10,000 in winnings, so I won't be fielding any new players for the next game.

I assume SVEN stands for Strikingly Vicious Eaters of Norse

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: February 12, 2015, 05:23:10 pm »

Them kickoff events. I got a grand total of 10,000 in winnings, so I won't be fielding any new players for the next game.

It's alright, buddy, come have a beer here in the Runners Got Killed By Slaya Corner Pub.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 12, 2015, 06:22:36 pm »

It's alright, buddy, come have a beer here in the Runners Got Killed By Slaya Corner Pub.
May as well have a few mugs, even if he was saved by the apothecary I don't think he'd mind us drinking in his honor.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: February 15, 2015, 09:06:48 pm »

Scaly and Lazy 3-1 THE_SLAYA

Whoo, it's been a long time since I won one. This game was certainly a example of the speed that lizardmen can bring to the table. And the comedy (or tragedy) that the dice can bring to the table. My inducements purchased a wizard (won the game) and 4 cheering fans (were not that useful)

It started with me receiving, skinks picked up the ball and made their way to the left, The saurus punched out a bit and tried to array themselves to receive the chaos counter attack. The chaos swept in, the right side was forfeited and the middle was collapsing. However, the skinks ran up though the left and the saurus readied their bodies to stop the chaos from following. Several beastmen and warriors lined up in front of the skinks as more pressed on the side of the lizards. However, the wizard shot a fireball out from the stands, knocking down most of the chaos men standing in the way. The skinks ran up the side, the ball carrier sprinting towards the goal as the rest surrounded the only beastman in reach. The beastman got tripped when he tried to exit the pile (although a blitz almost freed him) and the skink ran to victory.

With over half the first half to go, the chaos team readied to receive the ball. Their star ball carrier getting the touchoff, and their line of skirmish destroying the lizards. The carrier moved forward behind the line, but one of the lizards who was left alone on a flank blitzed him, sending him to the dirt. A speedy skink ran up and got the ball before running off with his skinky brothers deep into chaos half. After dodging away from the only beastman near enough to get to them, the skinks ran into the endzone, getting the second score for the lizardmen.

Still with quite a few turns left, chaos received once again, this time not allowing any lizards into their back field they moved forward, moving the ball up to the left. Dominating the lizardmen, the ball carrier passed the ball off to a beastman who was part of the initial push, he ran forward across the field, but failed on his go for it that would have gotten him the touchdown. He dropped to the dirt. A skink ran acrost the whole field and picked up the ball, but being vulnerable (probably) to a beast man blitz, he passed the ball. As a stunty. The max distance. To a skink who was being marked. The hail Mary throw miraculously succeeded (My actual hope was that it would just get the ball a few squares further away, or if I was lucky off the field), and the skink took his stolen goods up and around, trying to pass it off to a third skink to get the single-turn-all-the-way-across-the-whole-field score. Unfortunately, the pass failed, but the ball was still way to far for chaos to retrieve it in time.

The second half saw the chaos get the ball, and they moved forward, protecting their carrier and spreading out some beastmen to get hopefully get a quick score. A lizardman and a few skinks got into the back field as the skirmish saw the brutalization of the lizardmen. The wizard had recovered with the ministrations of the fans, and so he threw out a lighting bolt onto the carrier, knocking him to the ground. (although no one of lizardly persuasion picked up the ball). Still, the chaos was undaunted by this. Instead of wasting precious turns trying to pick up and run down the ball as normal, they instead sent a beastman as far down the pitch as possible as they cleared the area around the ball and recovered it. The next turn they passed the ball from the line of skirmish into the endzone, getting the first goal for chaos.

Then the lizardmen received again. Despite starting to actually run out of bodies on the field the faithful skinks picked up the ball once again as the remaining Sauri blocked the chaos (who were, because of a few lucky strikes in the last round, also low on bodies.). To be honest, I don't recall this round well. Presumably it was slightly less touch and go as the others. It was a bit like the first round I believe, with the skinks getting the ball and running past the chaos as the lizardmen threw their bodies in the way to give them long enough to run free. However, lower numbers on the pitch certainly favor the skinks more then those that try to block the skinks I believe, and so another goal for the lizardmen was achived. However, this is when the mighty blow on a few chaos really started to shine, and half my team went into the injury box, certainly if this was the halfway point of the game I would have lost miserably, how it was though there was simply no time left for the chaos, and the game ended with the first lizardman victory in a while.

This game was certainly the first time I've felt the raw power of the skinks against a slower team. Even though it's also the first time they had to deal with dedicated players trying to stop them, they were simply too fast to deal with. Also in a way, I feel like it's the first time I played them... Correctly, although there was quite a bit of luck on my side as well. At least this game shows that I might have been totally stupid not to get sidestep instead of surefeet and catch (which was the thought I took away from the ogre match). Still thinking that sidestep would have been better of course, but at least this match highlighted what their skills were for, and that they are not just for nothing.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 16, 2015, 09:53:10 pm »

All games have been played and both weeks have advanced!

Week Four Main League Match ups are:
THE_SLAYA - Slashing Slayers vs i2amroy - The Daemoning!
Criptfiend - Scaly and Lazy vs Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners
monk12 - Monk's Mafioso vs Raddish - Da Green Thwack'rs

Week Four Training League Match ups are:
Raddish - Slow March of Death vs Kansa - The Black Guards
Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS
Criptfeind - Cripts Clobbers vs i2amroy - Fightin Fairies
Aslandus - landing party vs monk12 - Monk's Mutineers
Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds vs Remuthra - Stumpy Surgeons

I'll advance the week again next monday, let me know if there are any scheduling issues.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 11, Week 4 - TT S4, W4
« Reply #1842 on: February 19, 2015, 03:44:57 pm »

landing party 1 - 2 Monk's Mutineers

An exciting match to be sure, it could have gone either way for most of the game. After last week's match, the mutineers were left with only six fieldable players, and had to get mercenaries to fill the roster. The landing party, down a werewolf, managed to afford a strength potion with inducements which was given to the berserker, effectively making him a second werewolf.

The norse team started recieving, with the ball landing next to the midfield line. The Norse picked it up and caged quickly, taking a few turns to punch out the merc thralls on the front line. The vampire team built a dense wall to stop the Norse team's advance, and the ball carrier ran around, several blocks and maneuvers later, the Norse team scored the first touchdown. The second drive started with the vampire team putting all but two players on the front line, a vampire and a thrall in the back to grab the ball. The Norse defence broke to surround the mass of players, and a few linemen ran to get the ball carrier, but a vampire got through and a successful pass brought the vampires their first point (I should've used a reroll on my attempt to block the ball carrier, a bit of a rookie mistake). The Norse team managed to get the ball four spaces from the endzone before half time, but the bell rang just in the nick of time to maintain the tie.

The weather was a bit warm for the second half, forcing players who had been knocked out to stay down, including one vampire who had been KO'd in the first half. The vampires received and the ball was picked up, and the vampire holding it tried to pass to another player closer to the endzone, but the pass flew wide and it landed right at the feet of the Norse team. The Norse players knocked a few thralls aside and grabbed the ball, again getting the ball close to the end zone before a vampire knocked down the runner. The vampires picked up the ball again and bloodlusted, forcing them to stay back and bite a thrall. The Norse players surrounded and knocked down the vampire, but another managed to grab the ball and pass it to a thrall who carried it for the vampire team's second touchdown in the game, one turn before the end of the game.

Overall a very fun game, the vampires managed to pull out a victory despite dwindling numbers (I believe they had five or six players on the field at the end). I probably could have done positioning better or done a better job of marking players, but that +1 strength vampire was tough to get blocks on. That last round score was definitely well earned, Monk didn't even have any rerolls left when he made the pass.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 19, 2015, 05:42:04 pm »

Very much could have gone either way, as both of my TDs were based on long passes (once with an interception chance for the Norse, and once with no rerolls) made in dire circumstances. I also got very lucky on that last TD as not only did I do lots of dodging and blocking and passing, but the receiving Thrall still had to make it past a Norse safety, doing so in spectacular style by knocking the bastard out. A heroic performance indeed!

That heroic Thrall leveled up, and though casualties were heavy nobody was seriously injured, so I should be in good shape heading into the next match. Maybe not full strength, but something approximating it anyway :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: February 20, 2015, 03:48:31 pm »

My game with Kanil is over. Lizardmen 1-0 Orges... Sorta.

It started with me receiving the ball and pushing forward. My skinks did the old run around as my lizardmen and the ogres punched each other. The skinks managed to get though the lines, but were not safe enough to stall the game with snots on their tails so they went into the touchdown fairly quickly. Then the ball was kicked to the ogre team, they set up a strong left and middle, leaving the right side open, but the kickoff event of a blitz for the lizardmen allowed them to (fairly successfully) contest the middle and slowly push forward. The ball ended up on a ogre on the left side, but a few skinks came in along with a saurus blitz to send the ogre to the dirt. The ball was contested by a pile of skinks, snots, a few lizards, and a ogre, and eventually the ball popped out behind the pile, close to the goalzone. A skink made like, three dodges in a row and picked up the ball under a ogre, but failed on his second go for it, ending the half in 1-0. Sorta.

Because then my game crashed. Kanil graciously allowed us to restart the game 1-0 in the second half (he kept his high level snot that got badly hurt off the field and I kept my high level lizard that got badly hurt off the field)

In the second half I kicked the ball out to the ogres, and they set themselves up as they had when they received in the first half, strong left and middle, weak right. This time I didn't get a blitz. However, the ogres rolled 5 out of 5 boneheads, which allowed my lizard blitz to run forward anyway and send the ball carrying snot to the ground. Unfortunately, most of the other snots were around the ball now, and although I got a lizard and a skink in the area the snots pushed my skink (well, sidestep, I pushed him, but whatever) onto the ball twice, where it then bounced into a ogres paws. After a few turns of punching the ogre got free and moved forward, but a few boneheads prevent him from being covered by his buddies, and the lizard skink blitz sent him down to the ground again. A lizardman recovered the ball (on accident, I had a skink ready to take the ball and run for miles...) and the orges and snots closed around him. Still, the snots started falling like bricks (at the end, if you count the snot from the first game as well, every single snot got badly hurt or worse) and the lizardman ran free, got caged up by some skinks, and then... I crashed for a second time.

Me and Kanil are going to replay the game for a 1-0 once it gets reset. So I guess the end score is 1-0. But it was... Certainly a frustrating experience. Although those like, 8-10 spp that my lizardmen earned and won't get is probably the worst part. Kanils orges probably feel the same way. All in all, pretty shitty, and I'm not sure what actually caused the crashes (although both of them happened as the game turned over to the last turn in a half) so I'm a bit worried about my upcoming games...
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 149