Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256352 times)

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 4 - TT S5, W2
« Reply #2010 on: May 25, 2015, 08:18:55 pm »

All main league matches played and validated.

Week Four Match-ups:
Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds vs Kanil - Shimmering Dragons
i2amroy - Fightin Fairies vs monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs Aslandus - TOO SPOOKY

I'll be advancing this week along with the training league before the two week break.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 25, 2015, 08:48:19 pm »

Rematch for the TOO SPOOKY team against the SVENS I guess...

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 25, 2015, 11:19:17 pm »

Rematch for the TOO SPOOKY team against the SVENS I guess...
Don't worry, my lvl 2 runner died and a thrower is out for our game, xp. the crowd was really mad at me when I played against the elves.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 5 - TT S5, W2
« Reply #2013 on: May 29, 2015, 03:04:33 am »

Ahgh, I should REALLY start making next-day-AARs again like I used to, I forget so much stuff if I don't... and now I have a rematch with the elves already! I guess I'll just do a quick re-cap of my past two matches, before I forget everything.

So back when me and Kanil played for the first time the score was 3 - 1 in elves' favor. The match started with rain right off the bat. Kanil rightfully pointed out this could get changed with kick-off roll, but sadly it wasn't. At least we didn't get scorching heat so that's something. From what I remember I was receiving and despite the rain managed to pick up with my thrower (scored natural 6). Then, Kanil bashed me iirc, the ball rolled off... only to be picked up, in a pouring rain and by mutual bemusement, by a black orc. Natural 6 again. I moved him from my right to center. For some reason decided I'd rather have a blitzer be the ball carrier. Failed a pass. The ball was in a peculiar position though, a line of 3 orcs on one side and a line of 3 elves on the other, ball in the middle. The pick up score for me wasn't even showing, heh. We were mucking around a bit, figuring what to do, then Kanil smartly used my crowding against me - either pushed or knocked one of my orcs right into the ball, only for it to be pushed into one of his elve's hands (guess what, natural 6). TD followed soon after. Notable thing that happened in second drive was my kick, which instead of being sent into Kanil's deep right, landed on his left, close to the mid and right in the midst of his biggest group of elves. Herpa derpa. Don't remember much of the rest, elves scored twice more, high mobility and throwing/catching skills proving themselves despite my best efforts. Have to figure out what to do bout dem high mobility teams.
Then just about 3 turns before the end the rain actually stopped, as if the game mocking my orcs. I was doing some bashing and at one point I got the ball and somehow managed to even break through the lines. Kanil had about two elves that could use for a counter blitz, but decided to gift me one TD. I was being salty about that though, but he did say more SPP for me means I can hurt his his future opponents more so I decided to accept the showed mercy.

My performance for that game was passable. I can't point out any major mistakes and say they cost me the game outright, but there were some smaller ones where I could do better. Passing the ball from black orc was one of them. I've also started 2nd drive with only 2 black orcs on the field and 3rd with 3 due to not paying attention. I did however start my 1st one with 3 on purpose though. Something something experimenting and trying to get SPP to SPP-less players something something. A misplay, but oh well, I'll do better next time.

And next time was Aslandus, with game already mentioned ending with 2 - 0 for the greenskins. But yeah, far from an easy game. The game started off with me getting lucky though. Chose to receive the ball and Nuffle decided to send it right in the arms of a black orc. Learning from last game, I this time decided to let him carry it and formed a cage around him. But few turns and not so successful repositionings later it became obvious that his MA4 is more of a hindrance than I first thought. The ball thus changed hands, yet Aslandus persisted. At one point however, when my cage was on my right side and still blocked by the undead, a lucky blitz of a lone wright opened a path to a relatively undead-free zone on my left where the cage was formed once more and slowly but steadily we pushed to eventual TD. Few more notable things first drive was Aslandus' HMC getting re-rolls for everyone and his wizard sending my troll off the field.

Second drive I don't remember much anymore, but involved lots of bashing iirc. Also, HMC took my re-rolls this time. Undead got the ball at one point, but somehow I've managed to steal it from them. Second and final TD was performed with a short pass to an orc standing in the zone. While the orc nearly killed was just a lvl 1 lineman, he still had 5/6 SPP (or was it 7/6?) so I was happy apothecary did his job. And Aslandus got SPP out of it so everyone's happy.

My game was, again, just passable. As last season when I played with orcs against undead in the Training league, I found myself yet again having more troubles with them than I should. Especially this game when TV difference was so high. There's something about this race that bothers me but I think I figured it out - it's the mummies. I think. But the sight of 2 ST5 guys that are also non-stupid/wild animal/bonehead/tree definitely sets off my alarms and I rabidly try to put them out of the game as soon as possible. Maybe I spend too much time and manpower doing that though. I won, but it wasn't as much my skill as it was raw power than did it, I guess. Worth mentioning is also Aslandus getting a bit weak rolls at the times. So I'm pretty sure if TV was equal or just more close, I'd get my ass handed to me. Props to him.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 29, 2015, 02:03:50 pm »

SLAYAS SVENS 2-0 TOO SPOOKY

Unsurprisingly, one game wasn't enough to get enough SPP to change the results of this matchup. First touchdown was at the end of the first half, after much bashing and shoving the SVENS got enough undead off the field to get through and run the ball in. The second half went differently, the SVENS being allowed to go first after kicking the ball thanks to the kickoff event and taking advantage of my positioning to rush my side of the field (I was setting up for extra bashing, and naturally get the one kickoff event that made the holes in my line exploitable). After shenanigans the SVENS managed to corner the ball, and one of my zombies. I tried to force the ball away but ended up knocking it into a berserker's hands with four turns left on the clock. Naturally they score, and on the next drive I get to being one turn away from scoring a touchdown (partially because of all the SVENS I got off the field already) then the game ended.

I managed to get a few injuries (only Badly hurt so no help for the next guy) and so did the SVENS (more than me, I half suspect this was a plan to bolster the SVEN SPP pool on my amateurs). I did manage to get an upgrade on one of my mummies though, so the team's finally getting somewhere. Maybe we'll even get a touchdown next game :o

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: June 01, 2015, 06:07:13 am »

The Main league has advanced!

Week Five Match-ups are:
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs Kanil - Shimmering Dragons
Aslandus - TOO SPOOKY vs i2amroy - Fightin Fairies
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs Sinistar - The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds

I'll be advancing this league the Monday after the break (around June 21st I believe). I haven't advanced the training league yet as there is still one match to be played. However, if one of the coaches message me when that match is finished I may be able to validate the match and advance the league during the break allowing for it to advance another week after the break.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: June 01, 2015, 10:49:59 am »

Oh yeah, me and MrRoboto75 are playing today at 2200 CEST. Should have probably let you know sooner, sorry about that.

Anyways, yesterday's rematch between The Jolly Waaaaagh!abonds and Shimmering Dragons ended with a 1 - 1 draw.

The game started with me receiving, but also a kick-off blitz for opposing team. Next few turns could be summarized with Kanil advancing steadily towards the ball while my orcs rolled ineffectual pushes all around... then out of the blue my luck turned around and I had the ball in my hands and bashing everything pointy-eared. And then some weird rolls again. No, seriously, RNG was stronk this game. By the forth turn, Kanil burned through all of his 3 re-rolls and me through half of mine. The end of first drive ended with me only having 1 re-roll while Kanil suffered 1 injury (fractured knee), two knocked out elves and iirc one double red roll. Also 1R re-rolled as 1R happened, but can't remember if either this or some later drive. I pushed forward and eventually scored on a turn 6 or 7 or something. Can't remember 2nd drive well, one knocked out elf recovered but first half ended with not much happening after that iirc.
3rd drive elves got the ball and managed to break through my lines while my guys were picking pretty daisies I guess, perform a perfect throw and score on turn 10 or something. Then fourth drive kick-off roll let me put one guy under the ball. formed a tight 3x3 death cage, but soon learned that works against me when one of my guys pushed the ball carrier out of it. Elves surrounded me, I tried to fought my way out and the plan might have worked, but then the ball carrier didn't manage to dodge out of tackle zone. Lone elf picked up the ball and run, but a lucky 1 dice block brought him down. I picked the ball up, but didn't manage to do much with it till the end of the match which ended when the first action of my last turn, a black orc 2 dice blitz, resulted in a double red with me already burning through my re-rolls sometimes earlier.

Didn't really like that game, I must confess. While luckily this doesn't happen so often in Blood Bowl, sometimes there are games where you feel like rng factor is just a bit too strong for a match to be enjoyable. Kanil rolled total of 2 double skulls and mentioned 1-skull-into-1-skull-reroll, not to mention failed some skill that his elves should pass without problems. It also felt rng was at least partially responsible for my TD and rng was also 100% responsible for there being a draw at all, as last few turns my lone ball carrier was unsuccessfully blitzed/blocked at least twice. So while I should be happy with the final result, it still felt like neither of us could play to it's full potential due to rng being rng. :V

But oh well, games like this happen, gg & wp still.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 01, 2015, 03:57:59 pm »

The skull into skull was in the first drive. I played my blitz poorly and got trapped, but elves being elves, I could have still made it work with a one die block which didn't work out. Elves are pretty forgiving in that regard, it's the kind of play you can typically AG4 your way out of... but in this game Nuffle decided I was going to be punished for sucking, and I really was. My attempts at recovery were also hampered by the dice.

The second half was more stable, a standard two turn touchdown followed by the orcs trying to grind down the pitch with elves buying time. Then Sinistar had one failed dodge, combined with an unfortunate bounce, and suddenly his chance at winning largely disappeared. Fortunately for him, that's around the time everyone forgot how to play, and the last few turns were just poor attempts to do anything by both sides.

I didn't play well enough to deserve the win, but I had a shot at buying enough time to eke out a draw, had everyone remained competent and the slow grind down the pitch continued. I agree with Sinistar's assessment of the RNG -- it's the kind of game where a draw was a reasonable outcome, but how we got to the draw wasn't really reasonable at all.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 01, 2015, 04:44:03 pm »

Also, what I forgot to mention, "side step" is now probably my most hated skill. So simple, yet so easy to destroy all your plans, gundammit.

In other news, Da Grin Party met up with Mr Bone's Wild Team, with final result 0 - 3 for the undead!

Can't say much as I didn't expect much. Pretty one sided game. First drive started promising, I was on the receiving side and a high kick roll let me catch the ball easy, and not even that far from the middle. To far from a troll though and no guy next to him either to pass the ball but no matter, passed to the nearest and run! Got to a troll which didn't go stupid, picked the guy and DIDN'T eat him, threw him and the trow was PERFECT... then I realized I forgot to blitz with the ball carrier. While he touched down decently deep into undead territory, those few extra steps he had left would greatly help him if I wasn't to eager to perform throw and stupidly forgot to blitz. He was quickly surrounded, bashed and all I could do with my team was goof around while MrRoboto75 scored the first TD.

After that the game followed the established scheme of undead getting the ball and eventually scoring. There was some highlights like fanatic being useful for once, knocking down some people only to get (badly) hurt eventually. What moderately pissed me off was however the amount of bullshit 1's I rolled and then re-rolled again into critical failures. Bomber throwing the bomb, picking up the ball once, passing up the ball once, picking up the ball again (but this time I decided just not to bother with a re-roll again)... and then, 4 drive, the undead somehow managed to drop the ball. Or maybe they just crowded it after my I-forgot-how-to-use-hands-derpa-derp spree. Anyways, there was... 3, maybe 4 undead around the ball? SO I say f it, gonna do it, nothing to loose. So one of my guys runs in and picks up the ball effortlessly. Rolled 6, even. And then dodges out like it's nothing. And the same turn I just get I don't know how many 6, dodging left and right. One guy dodged out of a tackle zone 3 freaking times FFS. I think all of my guys bar one (that were left one the field, by that point I had 2 injured, 2 sent off and 2-3 knocked out) just dodged the fuck out of everything. Guess goblins really are masters of trolling, trolling your opponent and yourself at the same time. Alas, it was all for naught. Trolls got knocked down so no more throwing for me and eventually the ball carrier got knocked down as well (or maybe even knocked out, don't remember) and the ball again crowded by undead... only to be snatched in a 4+ pick up by a pogoer. Who then of course dodged out of TZ like that's exactly the kind of fuck he was about to do. Sadly, he ended turn 16 bare few steps from TD and that was it.

A short break from BB would do me good. Yesterday's match and now this had left me a bit salty. I don't mind loosing with goblins, they are kinda fun to play and I do have in all honesty a lot to learn (like positioning my guys better if I want a 1TTD). But I should probably spend less time checking the rolls chat and counting how many times in a row I rolled 1, ffs. Also, one thing I noticed is sometimes it shows I need +3 to pick up the ball when in fact I needed +4... nothing catastrophic, but annoying still. Ah well, off to future failings.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:48:15 pm by Sinistar »

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 12 Week 5 - TT S5, W4
« Reply #2019 on: June 09, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »

Hello everybody! I saw that you need a replacement and I would like to sign up. My local time is GMT+2.
Anyway, how do you play the matches? With directIP or in a private league?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:32:54 am by SpottedWobbegong »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 09, 2015, 01:05:08 pm »

We play in a private league on the official servers - the "Bay12 Training Tournament" is the one you should apply your brand new team to, with the password "Bay12".

Unfortunately our tournament manager is currently away and will remain so for about another week, so you might not be able to apply/get your application accepted for a little while... but nobody's playing games at the moment, so you're not missing out on anything.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 12, 2015, 05:32:25 am »

I applied for the training league. I'm going to play with Khemri.
Is it a problem that my computer is a shit, and will probably slow down matches?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 12, 2015, 08:08:28 am »

I think it's fine as long as your computer can keep the connection, breaking off matches early because your wifi sucks certainly isn't a fun thing to have happen....

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 17, 2015, 12:11:29 am »

I'm back!! And managed to spend two weeks in a car with Otherplayers and with 0 deaths or injuries between the two of us! xD

Training League has advanced:

Week Four Match-ups are:
MrRoboto75 - Mr Bone's Wild Team vs Kanil - Broad Street Broads
i2amroy - Vorpal Vampires vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S STRÖNGHAMMERS
monk12 - Monk's Mjolner Makers vs Criptfeind - Cript's Korinch Crew
Aslandus - We move for nobody vs Sinistar - Da Grin Party
SpottedWobbegong - (I don't remember the name) vs - Kansa - The Sickly Soldiers

I'll be advancing both leagues on Monday (June 22nd). Let me know if there are any scheduling issues.

In regards to having a slow computer, as long as you don't drop the connection repetitively, its no biggy. If you can't hold a connection it gets really annoying (both for you and your opponent). Also I'll have your team accepted into the league tomorrow morning when I wake up.

SpottedWobbegong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 18, 2015, 09:59:21 am »

Sandstorm Riders vs The Sickly Soldiers 2-0
I can't say much, only that Kansa was very unlucky. I managed to blitz his ball carrier in the 2nd turn because his player failed a really stupid roll, then slowly advanced to a touchdown in the 8th turn. In the second half I received, then knocked every enemy player to the ground and scored again in the 16th turn. I killed his Nurgle Warrior but he managed to regenerate. My Blitz-Ra and his Rotter were not so lucky: they both died. I have to say again: Kansa was really unlucky, he had more than 5 double skulls.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 149