Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I think the RNG is cheating more than usual... (Night creature weakness)  (Read 2878 times)

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile

So in most other worlds/areas the Werebeast are usually bronze, silver or bismuth bronze.   However I have an adventurer who's started out with a  bronze Scimitar, and now all of a sudden it's Silver or Steel that they're all weak against.

RNG I call BS!

Anyone else ran into similar  RNG trolling?

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think the RNG is cheating more than usual... (Night creature weakness)
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:45:43 am »

They die easily enough that their actual weakness doesn't matter that much  :P

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 12:47:04 am »

Fair enough I've never actually gone after one in Werebeast mode, usually they're just a nekkid human.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 03:03:17 am »

yea same, any time i find a werebeast its usually in peasant form and i'm too lazy to wait and kill it on a different night, i am kinda wanting to chop up a werebeast peasant and add all his/her parts to my army and see if they do really heal fully.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:14:16 am »

I've actually fought a Wereass that was in were form (Was the Ñ tile) I think I kept stabbing it in the head with a silver bolt or arrow since that was it's weakness..

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 03:24:02 am »

yea same, any time i find a werebeast its usually in peasant form and i'm too lazy to wait and kill it on a different night, i am kinda wanting to chop up a werebeast peasant and add all his/her parts to my army and see if they do really heal fully.

I'm not sure about the peasant form, but in werebeast form, their zombies do regenerate fully, at least in 0.34.02. Mine also decided to attack me, so... you may have interesting side-effects ;).

Eurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 04:08:06 am »

I made the mistake of taking potshots with my crossbow at a weremonkey. On the third shot he spotted me, and then attacked about 20 times in a row, most of which involved biting pieces of me off.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 10:59:16 am »

well, my legendary swordsman adventurer had once the pleasure of fighting a werepanda - weakness bronze, i used two iron scimitars and have to say, he was quite tough - no real threat since at this time my skills and attributes were quite badass, but he took a while to die. mterial weaknesses i've had so far are copper, bronze and steel, with steel being kinda mean just because in my current world, there is no steel whatsoever - but thats more a problem of missing dwarfen metal industry than RNG being unfair...imo everything except candy should be fine as a weakness, as long as its obtainable...and hell, if its not, just stab the naked guy while there is no full moon.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:01:00 am by Achanei »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 01:47:12 pm »

A major weakness to night creatures is that they tend to die when you remove their heads.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 03:01:39 pm »

A major weakness to night creatures is that they tend to die when you remove their heads.

I think it must be a bug in the RNG.  There's no way every single randomly-generated creature should have the exact same weakness. :P
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 03:11:28 pm »

I've actually fought a Wereass
I wonder if my sig has more room. :P

Anyhoo, i've found that both night beasts and were's tend to die regardless of the material that just caved in their skull. So just hit 'em hard enough.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:24 pm »

I made the mistake of taking potshots with my crossbow at a weremonkey. On the third shot he spotted me, and then attacked about 20 times in a row, most of which involved biting pieces of me off.
your better off a legendary thrower then a legendary crossbow man/dwarf/elf/goblin/whatever.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile

The only weakness I've seen so far has been to "fire"
To the best of my ability, adventurers cannot weaponize that. Your RNG might be cheating, but mine flipped the board.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fire? Just become a necromancer, kill a Dragon, raise it again and (optional) don't stand in front of it. here you go. at this point, you cold probably just rip the damn peasant in half with your bare hands, but hey - fire!

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile

The only weakness I've seen so far has been to "fire"
To the best of my ability, adventurers cannot weaponize that. Your RNG might be cheating, but mine flipped the board.
cant weaponize fire? wtf you talkin about i think you mean we cant pick berries, fire is 100% possible.
hell trees work for fire as well, you can run through the forest setting everything on fire, you can set a fire and stand just outside it and bandits and other stuff will stand IN the fire and burn themselves to death wile they try to get to you.

that and booze, booze EXPLODES, no joke.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:57:04 pm by Xotano »

Pages: [1] 2