Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247834 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #9645 on: March 10, 2015, 09:47:51 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/let-sleep-georgia-trash-man-gets-30-days-213758415.html

:o

So they went after the garbage companies and that didn't work so now they're saying they go after the garbage man. The crime? He picks up your trash too early....
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:19:21 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: March 10, 2015, 11:28:08 am »

what the fuck is wrong with people

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: March 10, 2015, 12:18:41 pm »

That's rich white folk in Metro Atlanta for you, too fucking bored to go out and do something useful for a change.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: March 10, 2015, 03:46:35 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:25:55 pm by penguinofhonor »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: March 10, 2015, 04:06:33 pm »

The more I learn about politics the more it makes me want to cry. Why so people vote in guys that act like fucking three year olds? 'I WANT THIS! YOU DON'T WANT IT SO I'LL TRY TO FORCE YOU TO DO THIS AND IF YOU DON'T THEN YOU LOSE OUT TOO!'
Lots of unopposed running, mostly. The majority of people don't give enough of a crap to actually run for office, so the idiots that do are guaranteed to make it in by sheer virtue of existing.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: March 10, 2015, 04:07:00 pm »

The sad fact of politics is that people will mess with you if you ever oppose them.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:59:02 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #9651 on: March 10, 2015, 04:16:13 pm »

It also helps that much of our electorate also act like fucking three year olds. Remember, people voted for that guy. They knew what they were getting, and they decided they wanted it.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: March 10, 2015, 05:46:42 pm »

I wouldn't go that far. I'm pretty sure they don't know what they'll get an try to talk themselves into believing that "this time it will be better". It is easy to believe something if you really want to, no matter how educated or intelligent you are.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: March 10, 2015, 09:55:00 pm »

It's a one track mindset problem. There are other things they should be doing instead but they just want this one tin on there and by god somehow they are gonna get it aren't they.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: March 10, 2015, 10:00:19 pm »

This is essentially politics. This is how people tend to behave in response. That is, people are generally in the position of the red-haired fellow. You can draw your own conclusions about the relevance of the corn lobby to this metaphor.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: March 10, 2015, 10:14:29 pm »

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michael-slater-jackson-county-sheriff-slur
During a heated dispute that took place using voice chat over the multiplayer gaming platform XBox Live, the former deputy, Michael Slater, allegedly announced his address and told an opponent: "You about to come to a f-----g paid police officer's house. I get paid to beat up n----rs like you."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: March 11, 2015, 12:18:38 am »

Let me try a different quote.
Quote from: The Prince, by Niccolo Machiavelli
You must know then, that there are two methods of fighting, one with laws and the other with force: The first is proper to men, the second to beasts, but because the first one often does not suffice, one has to have recourse to the second. Therefore, it is necessary for a prince to know well how to use the beast and the man.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:25:27 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: March 11, 2015, 01:17:14 am »

do not quote truean

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #9658 on: March 11, 2015, 12:10:19 pm »

I thought that only applied to legal matters?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: March 11, 2015, 12:13:51 pm »

I'm going to try that in court. "Internet snow kitten said so" is a good defense.
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 759