Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247130 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Expression Thread
« Reply #1890 on: June 18, 2012, 02:03:04 pm »

Well, I actually didn't listen to to sound yet, because I didn't have headphones, but I think the video is clear enough without sound.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: June 18, 2012, 02:10:24 pm »

It's bad, but I'm surprised by how surprised you are by this Sheb. This stuff isn't unheard of in protesting by a long shot.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: June 18, 2012, 02:15:03 pm »

Well, Belgium is pretty civilized.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: June 18, 2012, 02:15:16 pm »

It's because he's made several posts in this and other threads about how awesome Belgium is in every way, and now he sees that Belgium is no better or worse than other places. It's a shock.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: June 18, 2012, 02:25:18 pm »

No, it's a shock because Belgium's standard is better than that.
Love, scriver~

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: June 18, 2012, 03:11:12 pm »

Yup, they gave a guy a concussion, they'd better come off with proofs that the violence was warranted or I swear some peoples are going to find themselves without a job. But that's pretty much what  the mayor of Brussels said.

Edit : I've been a bit too quick he has just asked for an inquiry, as as the minister of interior affairs.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:16:27 pm by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: June 18, 2012, 05:42:13 pm »

The bill to end indefinite detention FAILED in the House recently.  Apparently, some of the members of the House are insane and can't read the Constitution ._.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: June 18, 2012, 05:44:29 pm »

Apparently, some of the members of the House are insane and can't read the Constitution ._.
Well duh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: June 18, 2012, 05:48:25 pm »

It wasn't even a close vote. These people have no connection with reality or the rest of America.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: June 18, 2012, 05:54:43 pm »

I hope to god we can at least get some good campaign finance reform from the Supreme Court, since congress wouldn't dare piss off their sponsors. I'd love to see how quickly congress would change if they were actually elected based on how their views lined up with their constituents.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: June 19, 2012, 04:34:39 am »

Best part about that article? The comments.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: June 19, 2012, 04:41:39 am »

See? The entire institution is the problem, not just one party! Almost a whole eight percent of the no votes were from democrats.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: June 19, 2012, 09:25:15 am »

The whole notion of indefinite detention just scares the shit out of me.

The idea that you couldn't even ask for something like bail just totally blows my mind to be perfectly honest with you and I cant really fathom it. I mean basically what they're doing is even worse than "getting rid of due process." What they're really doing is even more fundamental than that: In essence, they are not only shifting the burden of proof from the state to the defendant, but making that burden impossible to meet.

Simply, innocent until proven guilty becomes, "guilty until proven innocent."

That's supposed to be basically the opposite of what we're about....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: June 19, 2012, 09:49:16 am »

Simply, innocent until proven guilty becomes, "guilty until proven innocent."

Since you're not even getting a trial, this is giving it WAY to much credit. That means you could, conceivably, prove yourself innocent. That doesn't apply here.
It's not guilty until proven innocent, it's guilty. Full stop. Just... guilty. If they decide you're guilty, you are, period.

It's bloody terrifying.

It's a sad situation when "guilty until proven innocent" would actually be a step up.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: June 20, 2012, 12:24:31 am »

So the HRC did a neat study with LGBT youth (PDF, you have been warned) that has some interesting info. But man did their graphic designer have fun with it. It's almost all wasted space.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 759