Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247000 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #2145 on: July 01, 2012, 01:09:46 pm »

They probably copied it from Fox in the first place.
Nah, both Fox and CNN read the first page (talking about the commerce clause defence) and announced the mandate was struck down. Fox happened to have CSPAN on where they had the SCOTUS Blog liveblog streaming and noticed that said the mandate was upheld and then read page two. CNN didn't. They waited about five minutes before anyone thought to read the second page and realise their mistake.

I think everyone else just took the news from CSPAN/SCOTUS blog and so got it right.

Oh and;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: July 01, 2012, 04:52:51 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:19:20 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »

If a mime is going around saying stuff, then he isn't a very good mime :|
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 01, 2012, 05:11:42 pm »

If a mime is going around saying stuff, then he isn't a very good mime :|

Autocorrect is a bitch. Although a talking mime is either the best or the worst mime ever. He could be so good that he can get away with talking as a mime. He could even have his own meme.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 02, 2012, 10:14:50 pm »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/03/us/probation-fees-multiply-as-companies-profit.html?_r=1

I am more and more astonished to be from a country that allows this....

Richest country on earth; 5% of the population; 23% of the world's incarcerated....

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:14:09 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: July 03, 2012, 03:19:10 am »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/03/us/probation-fees-multiply-as-companies-profit.html?_r=1

I am more and more ashamed to be from a country that allows this....

Richest country on earth; 5% of the population; 23% of the world's incarcerated....

There you go: more fuel to your anger
These things really shouldn't be put in the hands of private for-profit organizations.

Another thing that strikes me as quite crazy. Apparently conservatives are angry at Justice Roberts because, you know: how can he possibly dare to CHANGE HIS MIND AFTER HEARING THE CASE.
The dissatisfaction of conservatives grew as they studied the decision and found clues that the chief justice might initially have been in the majority to strike down the law, only to switch sides. A report from CBS News on Sunday that he had changed his mind added to the anger.
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: July 03, 2012, 03:40:44 am »

One term that justifies anything like that: "flip-flop." Every political party ever seems to make such complaints about flip-flopping. How dare people change their minds!*

*Righteous anger can still exist in the cases of, say, taking money under the table to change a vote, but that's a problem with the bribery/arbitrary outside influence rather than the process of changing an opinion.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: July 03, 2012, 06:23:30 am »

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:07:19 am by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:18:12 am by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: July 06, 2012, 09:56:14 am »

...She wants the founders' religions taught? Well, should be no problem with Islam or Deism, then.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: July 06, 2012, 09:57:42 am »

Deism is an awesome religion, so I'd be fine with that :P

Well, not really fine with it, but much happier than most others.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please don't quote me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: July 06, 2012, 06:28:10 pm »

Hmm, I don't know, Pathos could sometimes be very diligent with his trolling :P

But on a serious note, though, that is incredibly.. bad. Just bad. Just incredibly, incredibly bad.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 759