Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1244283 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #3540 on: October 09, 2012, 01:12:44 pm »

You guys are JUST NOW figuring out he's a troll? Dayum :P
I will stand to defend my neocommunistic healthcare regime against those capitalists, even if they are trolls. Trolling does not give one the right to be wrong(defenition discusionable) on the internet.
Defend against someone who might actually be convinced. All you're doing is wasting your own time, but if that's what you want to do go right ahead :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: October 09, 2012, 01:26:51 pm »

You guys are JUST NOW figuring out he's a troll? Dayum :P
I will stand to defend my neocommunistic healthcare regime against those capitalists, even if they are trolls. Trolling does not give one the right to be wrong(defenition discusionable) on the internet.
Defend against someone who might actually be convinced. All you're doing is wasting your own time, but if that's what you want to do go right ahead :)
Considering that I spend my time looking things up and learning things, I'm pretty sure it'd spent my time a bit more usefull than what I'd otherwise been doing.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: October 09, 2012, 02:00:19 pm »

Maybe he is a troll, and a better one than I thought.  The kind of exchanges I'm seeing on this page are everything a troll wishes for.

I've been sticking to actual arguments as opposed to personal attacks, so I don't think I've done much to cause it except argue a particular point of view. I was even going to ignore Mr.Ad Hominem, since besides him it seemed like it was getting more civil as opposed to less. Ah well, seeing as how Penguin declared the discussion to be over, I guess it's over.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: October 09, 2012, 02:33:35 pm »

And I never even got my questions answered...

Guess I'll go screw those plaques back on...
My wooden badge was delicious.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: October 09, 2012, 02:38:47 pm »

Thats the way this thread seems to have gone over the last 10 pages or so - lots of anrgy point scoring, little discussion of merit. Heres hoping the next topic brings more fruitful discourse, as opposed to what basically boils down to shouting in each others faces without any kind of listening.
This is a blank sig.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: October 09, 2012, 02:39:53 pm »

I'd happily answer them if Penguin made an exception, but he's the thread creator so his word goes.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: October 09, 2012, 02:43:49 pm »

Yeah please move on to a different (hopefully more productive) topic, I'm tried of avoiding this thread 'cause of all the... argumentativeness.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: October 09, 2012, 02:51:51 pm »

META-REMARK ABOUT META DISCUSSION ABOUT ENDING A DISCUSSION

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: October 09, 2012, 02:55:25 pm »

META-INSULTING SEMI-WITTY RETORT

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: October 09, 2012, 02:58:34 pm »

GreatOrder and GoombaGeek, you two can talk over PM. Even if you just answer his questions, I know people are going to want to call you out on stuff and then this whole thing will start over again. We'll let the topic of healthcare chill for a while.

I was going to say something about this meta-discussion, but I couldn't end up with a sentence that didn't end with "is over is over is over" so I gave up.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: October 09, 2012, 03:02:15 pm »

Maybe we should start a new thread to discuss it and then pretend we are surprised when it gets shut down before ten pages?
Soaplent green is goblins!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: October 09, 2012, 03:03:00 pm »

I have no control over what additional threads get created.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: October 09, 2012, 03:07:26 pm »

GreatOrder and GoombaGeek, you two can talk over PM.
Wait when was the Fapmaster ever an issue here?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: October 09, 2012, 03:09:32 pm »

Eesh. Well, if it's fodder for different discussion, there's two sorta-interesting amendments coming up on the florida voting ballot, amendments six and eight.
Spoiler: Here's the text on six (click to show/hide)

The latter particularly seems kinda' nasty to me, though par for course for this kinda' shit. Big issue with it is the fact that it's an and statement, and while the first part is possibly unobjectible (depending on what they mean by entity; if it were just individual I'd probably withdraw potential objections), the latter is one hell of a rider, and a damned nasty one on that. It's somewhat damned telling that the amendment itself is titled "Religious freedom" when the latter aspect has basically jackall to do with that.

As for the former... I'm reminded of the hullabaloo a bit back with the non-church religious organizations making a fuss about not being able to buy health-insurance that covers abortion and then deny their employees that portion of the benefits. Seems a way to target insurance policies that provides such, somewhat indirectly harming (by disallowing them from offering the coverage in question to public employers) institutions that do so.

A more thorough going opinion on either would be interesting. Also suddenly curious how many other states have similar things on the ballot this cycle...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: October 09, 2012, 03:15:31 pm »

(depending on what they mean by entity; if it were just individual I'd probably withdraw potential objections)

law.com has a legalese dictionary. It says:
entity
n. a general term for any institution, company, corporation, partnership, government agency, university or any other organization which is distinguished from individuals.
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 759