Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1244396 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #3720 on: October 18, 2012, 01:33:31 pm »

Pretty much, yeah. Incidentally... this was a hell of a line
Quote from: emphasis added
When Gray took the matter to court, the judge ruled that "a prisoner has no constitutionally guaranteed immunity from being falsely or wrongfully accused of conduct which may result in the deprivation of a protected liberty interest." In other words, it is not illegal for prison authorities to lie in order to lock somebody away in solitary.

Once again, America's justice system displays just how fucked up it is. Not sure what else can be said about it :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: October 18, 2012, 01:35:29 pm »

Punitive prisons in general make me throw up a little in my mouth. :/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: October 18, 2012, 02:13:22 pm »

Tesco's had the nerve to drag me out (using physical force!  If I had used a gun to defend my rights they might have even shot me!) of one of their board meetings!  Apparently I'm not allowed to sit in the CEO's chair and talk about how I'm going to run the company even though they have been doing the same thing for years (and continue to do to this very day).  They are just like the mafia, not allowing any competition.

Tesco had the nerve to drag the CEO of Costco out (using physical force! If he had used a gun to defend his rights they might have even shot him!) of one of his board meetings! Apparently Costco isn't allow to compete with Tesco in the field of grocery chains anymore even though they've been doing the same thing for years (and continue to do to this very day. They are like the mafia, not allowing any competition.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: October 18, 2012, 02:15:36 pm »

... what?

I think you may have forgotten what this analogy was about, GJ.

We do in fact allow that sort of competition.

Usually.

Iraq being a recent notable exceptions.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: October 18, 2012, 02:20:44 pm »

... what?

I think you may have forgotten what this analogy was about, GJ.

We do in fact allow that sort of competition.

Usually.

Iraq being a recent notable exceptions.

The analogy was about Liberty Dollars and privately minted money. Unless you think the Liberty Dollar people declared themselves chairmen of the Federal Reserve Board, they pretty clearly were arrested for competing with the FRB in currency.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: October 18, 2012, 02:26:50 pm »

But other countries all have their own currencies without us kicking out their leaders. (The Iraq thing was mostly a joke to the only "foreign CEO" we've dragged out lately)

I think this analogy may have been a bit stretched to be honest. I'm not really sure what we're gaining from it. Back to regular language time, maybe?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3726 on: October 18, 2012, 02:35:41 pm »

US appeals court in New York casts down DOMA as unconstitutional.

http://news.yahoo.com/appeals-court-ny-rules-gay-marriage-law-unconstitutional-160159196.html
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: October 18, 2012, 02:43:23 pm »

Hooray! One step closer to crushing all these laws against same sex relations :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: October 18, 2012, 02:56:14 pm »

Yay!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: October 18, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

Thank god. I don't understand how it lasted as long as it did. Even those I know who (stupidly) oppose gay marriage grudgingly admit it was an unconstitutional pile of shit.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: October 18, 2012, 03:01:31 pm »

Actually i think we should abolish license plates on cars, and driver's licenses, as well as taxi cab licensing / cab driver accreditation. All those things are a government monopoly.

Anyone who can get a car should be able to stick a sign on and call themselves a cab service.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: October 18, 2012, 03:04:15 pm »

That terrifies me.  How would I identify who ran me over after I get ran over by a 10 year old!?!?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: October 18, 2012, 03:06:38 pm »

Serious mode on that note, I really think the age limit on drivers licenses should be abolished. Along with massive testing reform; most drivers are not competent enough to drive, and as such our testing standards should be raised significantly.

There are 10 year olds out there that are better drivers than I.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: October 18, 2012, 03:06:54 pm »

Anyone who can get a car should be able to stick a sign on and call themselves a cab service.

Uh... I'm actually kind of cool with this? I'm not entirely sure why it should be against the law for me to get compensation in exchange for giving people rides (unless I've got a fleet of such vehicles or am willing to give over 100% of my profit to various gatekeepers of course).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:09:06 pm by GlyphGryph »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: October 18, 2012, 03:08:34 pm »

Technically you already can do that, but you have to jump through some bureaucratic hoops before you can do it legally. That way, you can be taxed and tracked and such effectively.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 759