Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247635 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #6300 on: July 12, 2013, 05:47:43 pm »

Yes, that's the reason why it's a problem.  They're hearing an abortion bill so they're confiscating "things that might be thrown at the representatives."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: July 12, 2013, 05:55:30 pm »

But concealed guns are ok? That is still incomprehensible to me. I mean, sure the pro-choice people are not usually the ones shooting people, but still...

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: July 13, 2013, 12:31:17 am »

But concealed guns are ok? That is still incomprehensible to me. I mean, sure the pro-choice people are not usually the ones shooting people, but still...
People concealed carrying aren't usually the ones shooting people either. If someone goes in there with a product like that, they aren't going to be in there long enough to need them. A gun is for protection.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: July 13, 2013, 12:36:13 am »

If someone goes in there with a product like that, they aren't going to be in there long enough to need them.

I don't even know what to say.  Haven't you ever had your period start suddenly before?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: July 13, 2013, 12:37:40 am »

If someone goes in there with a product like that, they aren't going to be in there long enough to need them.

I don't even know what to say.  Haven't you ever had your period start suddenly before?
That's what breaks are for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: July 13, 2013, 12:44:27 am »

Oh, I see!  So you should just sit there and let blood run down your legs.  That's fine, then.  I can get behind that point of view.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: July 13, 2013, 12:49:35 am »

Oh, I see!  So you should just sit there and let blood run down your legs.  That's fine, then.  I can get behind that point of view.
I don't see what you're going on about. Just excuse yourself. Not that hard. Also I love how the article has an obvious slant just from the title.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: July 13, 2013, 12:53:12 am »

Right, and they confiscated your sanitary products.  Now what?

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: July 13, 2013, 12:54:09 am »

Toilet paper. Moist towelettes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: July 13, 2013, 12:54:59 am »

kingfisher, I think you're missing the point...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: July 13, 2013, 12:56:26 am »

Go ahead. What is the point I'm missing?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: July 13, 2013, 01:00:05 am »

First of all, that shit is not sanitary and you don't want to be sticking it up inside yourself because toxic shock syndrome and yeast infections are a real thing and a problem.  Second of all, it tends to fall out of your underpants if you just bundle it up in there--yes, even if you tie it on.  Third of all, it doesn't last very long.  At all.  Like, you might as well not.  Especially if you're a gusher.

And FINALLY, if they're just worried about stuff to throw, then like I said they should also take condoms and similar.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: July 13, 2013, 01:02:24 am »

Go ahead. What is the point I'm missing?

That the rule is brazenly exclusionary.  Even if women are capable of simply dealing with the discomfort and awkwardness caused by it, does that in itself really excuse it?  Does it?  If not, why bother putting so much effort into pointing that out?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: July 13, 2013, 01:03:20 am »

I can see this trainwrecking quickly, assuming it hasn't already :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: July 13, 2013, 01:05:37 am »

First of all, that shit is not sanitary and you don't want to be sticking it up inside yourself because toxic shock syndrome and yeast infections are a real thing and a problem.  Second of all, it tends to fall out of your underpants if you just bundle it up in there--yes, even if you tie it on.  Third of all, it doesn't last very long.  At all.  Like, you might as well not.  Especially if you're a gusher.

And FINALLY, if they're just worried about stuff to throw, then like I said they should also take condoms and similar.
If you hadn't noticed, I was playing devil's advocate. You can't just look at a law and say "It's stupid". I was trying to show you why they might have done that thing. It's stupid, yes, but such is life. And i certainly don't mind sanitary products or concealed firearms in such a place. Finally, you were getting mighty hostile there. Calm down.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 759