Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1244249 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #6315 on: July 13, 2013, 01:11:25 am »

Maybe because I know exactly how much of a woman's life is planned around no one ever knowing that she's having a period.

And maybe because I'm not so stupid as to not know how they'll explain it.  Because they're not the ones having periods.  Which is awfully convenient, because they use their lack of knowledge of female reproductive systems to remove us from the conversation about how they're going to legislate female reproductive systems.

And maybe it's not appropriate to play devil's advocate when there's so many people who actually mean it, and maybe the correct response to people trying to take away your bodily autonomy is, in fact, hostility.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: July 13, 2013, 01:14:22 am »

Yeah... I really have no idea what you were trying to accomplish with your devil's advocacy there.  Usually people do that to demonstrate that even if no one present agrees with it, there is a legitimacy to the other side.  If anything, you further reinforced the very opposite idea.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: July 13, 2013, 01:19:22 am »

Maybe because I know exactly how much of a woman's life is planned around no one ever knowing that she's having a period.

And maybe because I'm not so stupid as to not know how they'll explain it.  Because they're not the ones having periods.  Which is awfully convenient, because they use their lack of knowledge of female reproductive systems to remove us from the conversation about how they're going to legislate female reproductive systems.

And maybe it's not appropriate to play devil's advocate when there's so many people who actually mean it, and maybe the correct response to people trying to take away your bodily autonomy is, in fact, hostility.
So first you claim there are no female legislators or people involoved in this descision, any involved in the abortion legislation, and sanitary products are not " Bodily Autonomy". They are products to make your life easier.

And the legislation about abortion isn't about female reproductive systems, it's about morality, and what we consider a life. Not anatomy.

And I didn't get hostile when people started critiscising the fact concealed carry was allowed there, and I'm a huge advocate of concealed carry. You don't need to get angry at someone just for that.

Yeah... I really have no idea what you were trying to accomplish with your devil's advocacy there.  Usually people do that to demonstrate that even if no one present agrees with it, there is a legitimacy to the other side.  If anything, you further reinforced the very opposite idea.
But there is a legitimacy. As much as it's stupid, it holds somewhat of a noble idea. Just one half of one.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: July 13, 2013, 01:24:12 am »

Kingfisher, if blood started dripping down someone's legs, they're going to be forcibly removed from the building. If stopping yourself from being kicked out of a conference doesn't qualify as bodily autonomy, I don't know what does.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: July 13, 2013, 01:25:09 am »

But there is a legitimacy. As much as it's stupid, it holds somewhat of a noble idea. Just one half of one.

I have yet to understand what that half of a noble idea is, or how "women can live without that stuff anyway" is supposed to help me understand.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: July 13, 2013, 01:27:29 am »

Kingfisher, if blood started dripping down someone's legs, they're going to be forcibly removed from the building. If stopping yourself from being kicked out of a conference doesn't qualify as bodily autonomy, I don't know what does.
Why would they be kicked out? Why haven't you noticed it before it gets to the stage of dripping down your legs? Why aren't you allowed to go to the bathroom?

I have yet to understand what that half of a noble idea is, or how "women can live without that stuff anyway" is supposed to help me understand.
It's only to stop disgusting, possibly toxic things getting thrown and interfering with proceedings. And temporary. They only need to go without for 1~ day.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: July 13, 2013, 01:32:44 am »

It is freezing outside and the homeless are dying.  I have a house.  I am not required to let the homeless in and save their lives.

I have two kidneys and an innocent is dying for lack of a kidney.  I can survive with one kidney.  I am not required to give that kidney.

But get pregnant just once, and your body belongs to someone else. 

It's only to stop disgusting, possibly toxic things getting thrown and interfering with proceedings. And temporary. They only need to go without for 1~ day.

Clean sanitary products are clean.  They're just a little cotton.  You want to keep out used ones, you should be doing a cavity search.  Or better yet--just keeping all the women out.

It often takes less than five minutes to soak through two layers of clothing, and it doesn't stop dripping if you go to the bathroom.  It's not like you have a blood-bladder you choose to pee out of or not.  And you start noticeably reeking of blood almost immediately.  Go without for a day means you don't go.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: July 13, 2013, 01:33:55 am »

Why would they be kicked out?
Because nobody wants blood all over the carpet/floor/seats.

Why haven't you noticed it before it gets to the stage of dripping down your legs?
See vector's post.
Why aren't you allowed to go to the bathroom?
Also see vectors post.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: July 13, 2013, 01:35:20 am »

So they're afraid of an aggressive expression of disapproval.  Yet they don't do anything to prevent any other form of aggressive expression of disapproval.  Only the one that severely impedes and embarrasses women.  Coincidentally, the same group of people who face serious threat of harm due to the issue being voted on.  Yeah, this doesn't add up to anything more than blatant mockery and discrimination no matter how I look at it.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: July 13, 2013, 01:38:25 am »

Also, you said something about moist towelettes and toilet paper.

What, you think they can't throw those?  Or an old pair of bloodstained underwear (you know, that one gnarly pair you always wear on the first day of your period because you don't want to drip on your nice ones), with a nice fresh coat?

No, either the women are going in naked or you've got the possibility of having something bloodstained thrown at you.  And yet this somehow manages to not happen.

I understand.  We women are a pretty rowdy, hostile bunch.  But sanitary products are pretty expensive, so we're not really into wasting those pelting legislators, because we might need them.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: July 13, 2013, 01:40:59 am »

It is freezing outside and the homeless are dying.  I have a house.  I am not required to let the homeless in and save their lives.

I have two kidneys and an innocent is dying for lack of a kidney.  I can survive with one kidney.  I am not required to give that kidney.

But get pregnant just once, and your body belongs to someone else. 
Yeah, slip on the wheel just once and you're dead. Forget to unload a gun and you're dead. Slip with a knife? Dead. That's why you take steps to not do those things. Just like you take steps to not get pregnant. You created life whether you like it or not. You have no right to remove it because you were an idiot and didn't take steps. There ain't no rewind on life, so don't ask for one. Of course, in the case of rape that's fair. ( Perhaps encouraging for rapists considering there will be no baby at the end) However, if you were an idiot, adoption. You don't have a baby, there's no life lost, everybody wins.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: July 13, 2013, 01:41:52 am »

You're a reprehensible fuckhead and I'm not talking to you anymore.  Sorry.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: July 13, 2013, 01:43:52 am »

You're a reprehensible fuckhead and I'm not talking to you anymore.  Sorry.
Scuse me' checking my privilge. Wouldn't want any Womyn to be offended. Don't even try to rebut. It's all mine and the government's fault that people can't keep a lid on their emotions and properly manage risks.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: July 13, 2013, 01:44:56 am »

Oh my god, do you even read what you write or does it just spill out of you like a poached whale?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: July 13, 2013, 01:45:55 am »

Oh my god, do you even read what you write or does it just spill out of you like a poached whale?
So calm and cool and progressive in here...
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 759