Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1244271 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #9720 on: March 27, 2015, 02:02:09 pm »

I think your quote ate your reply, Arx. And while your particular interpretation of Christianity may not endorse homophobia, all too many other peoples do.Let's not argue about it here, though - that's what the religion and philosophy thread is for.

Fixed, thanks. My phone tends to struggle with even medium-length posts.

I'm afraid as long as people are discussing law as influenced by religion and/or it's topical, I will defend religion itself. If it gets off-topic, I'll stop.

And as I have said before, I'm almost certain it's impossible to Biblically justify opression, etc. I am fairly confident any interpretation favouring homophobia of this sort can be flattened.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #9721 on: March 27, 2015, 02:15:52 pm »

Arx posted this in the progressive discussion thread, and I just have to argue with him, (Don't judge me!) so here we go.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9722 on: March 27, 2015, 02:50:56 pm »

To be honest, I'm fine with whatever discrimination law they put up, so long as they put up signs so the gay people know to avoid them.

And really, walking far would be a pain in the ass, but that's your punishment for living in a shithole. If you aren't happy, stop being a bitch and change it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #9723 on: March 27, 2015, 02:57:15 pm »

But the thing is, for many of those people it just isn't practical to change it. I don't think you understand how bad it is in some places. I you're barely scraping by, like many people are, up and moving just isn't practical.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: March 27, 2015, 02:58:49 pm »

Yeah, but the thing is that as sure as day, the universe will try to fuck you up. If you don't fight and scream, nothing's going to change.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #9725 on: March 27, 2015, 03:21:25 pm »

That's why we're fighting and screaming.  :P

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #9726 on: March 27, 2015, 03:28:30 pm »

To be honest, I'm fine with whatever discrimination law they put up, so long as they put up signs so the gay people know to avoid them.

Yea, just like these.

Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: March 27, 2015, 03:29:43 pm »

Last I checked they don't lynch gay people.

And honestly all this time spent despairing could be better spent trying to kill the politicians who let this happen.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: March 27, 2015, 03:32:46 pm »

Okay, let's go lynch those politicians and burn their houses down.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #9730 on: March 27, 2015, 03:35:09 pm »

Yeah, good luck with that.  :P

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: March 27, 2015, 04:30:31 pm »

The world doesn't work that way.
It does, people are just too busy watching fox to realize that
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #9732 on: March 27, 2015, 04:32:53 pm »

Have you seen how militarized our police are? You would get shot. Like, a lot. They would run you down with APCs and dance o your bloody mangled corpse. And then assassinate your family with drones.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: March 27, 2015, 04:33:24 pm »

And really, walking far would be a pain in the ass, but that's your punishment for living in a shithole. If you aren't happy, stop being a bitch and change it.
Yeah, but the thing is that as sure as day, the universe will try to fuck you up. If you don't fight and scream, nothing's going to change.
Okay, let's go lynch those politicians and burn their houses down.
"I have problems, so I don't care if other people get hurt by oppressive laws" -> "Nothing matters anyway because reality is evil." -> "Fine, let's use murder to solve the issue of oppressive laws because I care now."
Please contain your edginess, Objective.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:58:52 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: March 27, 2015, 04:47:33 pm »

Yea, just like these.

Of course, just boycotting segregationists doesn't work when you specifically prevent businesses from not participating

There's a difference between one racist business owner not letting certain people in and the state specifically requiring that businesses all be segregated.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 759