Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782984 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2013, 08:43:03 pm »

Don't go to the Tomb of Heroes.
If we made a list of Museum Adventuring Tips, this should be on it: the Tomb of Heroes is self-fulfilling.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2013, 08:51:18 pm »

Challenge Accepted.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 02, 2013, 11:06:37 pm »

I played one more adventure, but died on my first encounter with bandits. Starting my fort now.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2013, 07:19:21 am »

Ah, the game is one adventurer per player only, but it seems to make little difference in this situation. I'm Looking forward to the fortress you'll submit. It seems like the adventurer sites are starting to deliver the fun we were hoping for, and there are still several left that are unexplored.

If we made a list of Museum Adventuring Tips, this should be on it: the Tomb of Heroes is self-fulfilling.

I've added this to the description of the site in the third post of this topic :).

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2013, 09:16:36 am »

First: obligatory praise is given to this novel and fun to read succession game from me to all of you who participated so far.

Second: One question is asked: Can I join in?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2013, 11:09:51 am »

Ah mummies, I'd not go around them before I can onehit it. That curse of theirs is worse than most clown syndromes, sets your skill to zero forever and all.
By the way, what's up with all those ghosts? Did they appear after abandon or did someone not clean up after himself?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 08, 2013, 08:58:00 pm »

Dffd doesn't seem to be working, so what site would you recommend I use?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 09, 2013, 12:04:52 am »

Mediafire seems to be the file place of choice right now.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 09, 2013, 02:24:32 am »

Thank you Argonnek, and here's the save.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 09, 2013, 07:41:48 am »

Thanks! I've updated the large map with the new fortress location, and I've send Canadark a PM.

Ah mummies, I'd not go around them before I can onehit it. That curse of theirs is worse than most clown syndromes, sets your skill to zero forever and all.
By the way, what's up with all those ghosts? Did they appear after abandon or did someone not clean up after himself?

I think they have to be present before abandoning, most of the sites are free of ghosts, they wouldn't have been if ghosts would rise in adventure mode.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 13, 2013, 01:03:05 am »

Don't ghosts spawn if you shatter slabs in adventure mode? I may have to science this.... hmm.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 13, 2013, 04:06:10 am »

Heigh Ho, Timeless Bob here.

Please add me to the turn list - I've been lurking in this group for awhile and must say, "What a crazy awesome storyline! Must contribute my own insanity!"

Speaking of insanity, if anyone would like to do something similar, I've been setting up a new succession adventurer/fort game.  I believe the link's in my sig. 
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 14, 2013, 07:33:23 am »

Just read trough the thread (tough I got a lot of stuff to do, procrastination, ho!), and I am liking what I am seeing.

Sign me up for a turn as an adventurer!
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 15, 2013, 02:39:03 pm »

We'll skip Canadark, that makes it Mrwillsauce his turn.

I'll also add Timeless Bob and Hostergaard to the turn list. welcome.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2013, 05:13:05 pm »

The Legend of Feb Minesizzled, Stonecrafter

Long ago in days of yore, there was once a dwarven empire which held a majesty and wealth unparalleled by any dwarven, human, or elven kingdom. Then, there was the dwarven realm of Ishenmistem (The Passionate Portal). Ishenmistem was one of the smallest dwarven states in all of history; it's size was surpassed by the mere colonies and fortresses established by mightier empires. In addition to its lack of territory, Ishenmistem also lacked wealth, distinct culture, or historical figures that anyone other than the few denizens of Ishenmistem gave a purring maggot's ass about. Despite its failures to achieve any scientific discoveries, construct any great monuments, or best any great forces of darkness in battle, Ishenmistem survived as a poor and not-too proud mountainhome for well over five hundred years, ruled by monarchs who lived as extravagantly as mayors or even managerial workers of other civilizations did. Mere survival in a hole in the ground, however, is not enough of an incentive to keep the greediest of dwarves within the confines of a mountainhome. Our hero is one such adventurous soul, who took it upon herself to leave the rank, rough, and depressingly-boring halls of Ishenmistem to explore the world and find some place where her marvelous stone crafts would be appreciated. Her name was Feb Minesizzled.

Part Two
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:20:13 pm by MrWillsauce »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 162