Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 782731 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)
« Reply #2145 on: August 21, 2014, 08:16:44 pm »

I can't believe my unluckiness.

We raided a bandit camp while I still couldn't use my arms for anything besides throwing, killed a pikeman, ran off a swordsman, ran away because we were all bleeding and tired and in pain by the time a bowman showed up.

So while traveling back to the nearest town, we get ambushed by MORE bandits! And as soon as I move one tile, the bandit leader that was wielding a crossbow died of OLD AGE.

My lasher got insta-killed with a headshot, my swordsman's head got crushed by a hammer.

I was shot 3 times with arrows and bolts when I already couldn't walk or grasp. I gave into pain, and my face was caved in by a maceman's flail.

I wonder what they'll do with the vampire teeth that I had on me.

I had 0 kills, assisted in killing a vampire, and tore off a pikeman's big toe by biting it off before my swordsman companion finished it. I feel incomplete.

I will be uploading the save on Wednesday, until then, would anyone care to suggest what site I should upload it on?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:24:31 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: August 21, 2014, 08:22:52 pm »

Mediafire is popular. The file is too big for standard DFFD site.

Also, unlucky adventure!

I find it's best to train a bit first before leaping into a vampire or bandit camp. Well done finding a camp that hadn't already been cleared. This world has seen a lot of action!

On another note, is it possible to edit the world.dat of the new world to add or edit in some of our more renowned heroes as gods? I'd love my new dwarf to worship Dishmab...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: August 21, 2014, 08:29:25 pm »

I was really looking forward to having a dental section in the museum.

Might as well make a fortress, although I am absolutely clueless as to how to make a functioning one, so I'll just try to make it go as deep as possible, and make it as convoluted as possible.

Edit: this may be important:

I started in Kemuspesor

My name was Ceru Atalanri
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:36:53 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: August 22, 2014, 12:27:23 am »

Mediafire is popular. The file is too big for standard DFFD site.

Also, unlucky adventure!

I find it's best to train a bit first before leaping into a vampire or bandit camp. Well done finding a camp that hadn't already been cleared. This world has seen a lot of action!

On another note, is it possible to edit the world.dat of the new world to add or edit in some of our more renowned heroes as gods? I'd love my new dwarf to worship Dishmab...

Actually, yes it is!  (Well, not the worlddat - I don't know about that but I suspect not, since we haven't seen something like that yet.) You mod them in as Megabeasts that are a caste of the Bronze Colossus, but put their description in as what they look like.  You have to fudge their equipment and weapons as being parts of their body and limbs, so they use their weapons instead of biting or "pushing" or whatever.  I was going to do the same treatment with Olympian Gods in a "Mythic Greece" mod I was attempting to put together last summer.

Edit:  You have to mod the Bronze Colossi to be able to breed - their children eventually pop out as your heroes.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:16:29 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 22, 2014, 01:07:29 am »

Quote from: Toady One
08/21/2014 Toady One Here are the issues of today. Next up is a bandit camp doing some odd stuff.

Made people that are attacked briefly have some knowledge of attacker's position
    Made attacker always look at target upon initiating attack
    Lowered cap for wrestle skill gain so it wouldn't be hit triple digits attacking large opponents
    Adjusted emotional strain vs. willpower etc. calculation
    Made running away in terror/fear respect only valid combat location information
    Made non-extra-sensory creatures also respect z coord of potential targets

It looks like the two worst bugs will be fixed in the next version; the morale problems, and the issue with sneaking being broken. It will need a bit of testing, but the game may be ready for our adventurers when 40.10 arrives.

The bandit camp he mentions is probably a save game I posted to the bug tracker, where most of the goblins fled the bandit camp upon the arrival of my peasant, and the rest fell asleep. The goblin leader was indifferent to all this and we had a lovely conversation about the weather.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:09:23 am by Bralbaard »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: August 22, 2014, 01:04:05 pm »

Lupanian should have the save now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: August 22, 2014, 06:16:46 pm »

Confirmed
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: August 22, 2014, 07:14:28 pm »

Ugh, these first immigrants are annoying me.

I have a meeting area, but they just refuse to come to the fortress, and there's no obstacles in their path.
Meow.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: August 22, 2014, 09:01:55 pm »

They're probably members of a site that's been "retired" - You don't have migrants, you have tourists.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 22, 2014, 10:08:11 pm »

So they might be glitching out on my part, I don't have the retire fortress thing enabled on DFhack.
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 23, 2014, 12:18:04 am »

There is a dfhack command (fixmigrant) that can fix those dwarves. You have to select the offending dwarf and give the command, it will be a bit of work, but they can be made usefull again.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 23, 2014, 03:02:58 am »

Yeah - that usually works.  Myself, I like to think that they're a band of traveling merchants come to steal our children.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:17:07 pm by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: August 24, 2014, 03:41:07 am »

Go ahead and give the save to the next person who wanted to try to build stuff for the map, I tried but my computer is to damn laggy (Suggested project for other builders, cross continental bridge, it'd be hard but not impossible if you try in the right location.)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: August 24, 2014, 12:45:02 pm »

You and eric blank are the only people that have the link to the current save game. Could one of you forward it to plancky?

Plancky, can you pm your save to me when you're finished?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: August 24, 2014, 01:48:35 pm »

Go ahead and give the save to the next person who wanted to try to build stuff for the map, I tried but my computer is to damn laggy (Suggested project for other builders, cross continental bridge, it'd be hard but not impossible if you try in the right location.)

A cross-continental bridge made with two embarks might be even more fun - some entity decides to conquer one side, and the other side goes all militant in response. Then maybe there's this constant battle over the bridge - either side would generate different quests, maybe claim the people on the other side were a gang of criminals, ect... all sorts of story possibilities.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 162