Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 267447 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 12—Bone Identity: Sticky swords
« Reply #1185 on: August 12, 2012, 06:52:01 pm »

"In my defense, these crystals are from the stairs."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 12, 2012, 08:47:18 pm »

Arianna closed her eyes a moment, focusing on the sword and pointing it slightly at one of the crystals.

"Soul crystal?" she attempted to mentally message to the blade, hoping it would respond with information.

Ire looked at Arianna with a well-meant smile.

"That sword seems sentient. Mind if I try poking at it with my spear?"
"I think there are better ways to communicate with it."

Question sword. Also harvest stair gems.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1187 on: August 13, 2012, 08:27:44 am »

Jack 5, 5 gleefully collects a handful more crystals. +4 crystals

Azastre 2 forgets to tell the robot to collect the gems and heads upstairs. Zalgo is slung over its other shoulder. The strange sound of gems being crushed under the robot's feet is like small caches of firepowder going off.

Floor thirteen is a jarring sight, a deluge of strange colors, mostly pink and other pastel tones. But mostly pink.

After a while, Azastre can tell that the huge mounds of pink are actually trees, made of cotton candy with a candy cane as a trunk, complete with swirling red-and-white coloration. The very air is sweet from all those confections lying around. Azastre looks down and notices that the default tiles of Sky Tower are disappeared and gone, and instead replaced with slabs of glossy white chocolate with delicate blue swirls in it. Each tile of sweets has one peppermint in each corner which seem to serve as bolts. The sky has fluffy white clouds floating in it, with a single fragile staircase spiraling high into the air beyond sight. The staircase is probably made of red licorice and has hard candy steps. Lemon, it seems. The is a road of sorts heading between some trees, lined by gumdrops and set of a different shade of white chocolate.

Rod 2 uses his hands to collect gems. 5 damage is taken from all those minuscule shards, but he gets One Handful of gems.

6->3 He hums.

Kahn smartly uses his spear to knock the gems off of the steps. 3 Enough of them are gone to take less than or equal to 2 damage going up the stairs. Tiny sparkling jewels are scattered onto the floor.

Ire 1 somehow explodes the dragonfirethrower. It is gone.

Boom!

Ace stands next to the stairs and catches gems that Kahn cleared off the steps.

5 He neatly encrusts his blank cards with sparkly gems and creates a complete fifty-four-card deck. The cards are slightly heavier than normal playing cards, and could probably hurt soft flesh easily if they were thrown.

One +2 Gem Card Deck of Fifty Four obtained

Arianna 1 questions the sword.

Inside her head, the distant laughing of a male voice is heard. The voice abruptly stops laughing and says in a tone that makes her hair stand,

:Pay the price, human, and I'll get you what you want. Hehe, he, hehe. . . just one small share of your soul, won't you? I promise I won't touch your eyes, eh? Eyes are the windows to a man, or woman's, soul, and I want everyone to see your pure, lovely, tasty soul... I'll just take that one sliver, and ... use it well, of course, wouldn't harm it, not for my life. Like I have one. Haha!:

Arianna also catches One Handful of the gems that are falling off the stairs. A black sheath of leather magically appears on her belt. She experimentally drops it, and it doesn't stick to her. It seems that the sheath is much smaller than the sword. The shape is different too, more of a longsword than a two-handed BFS.

Spoiler: Random (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Related (click to show/hide)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 13—The Grim Witch
« Reply #1188 on: August 13, 2012, 08:36:34 am »

Ire dropped to her knees as the dragon-fire thrower exploded into tiny bits around her. She was unscathed, of course, but the knowledge that she had one darn shot left and the promise to put it to good use was...distressing, to say the least.

Mope mope mope.

Try to inspire self to do something good//gain inspiration while moping.

Sadly mope up to the 13th floor. Because sad.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 13, 2012, 09:03:13 am »

Wincing, Rod follows up the stairs in the robot's footsteps while trying to heal himself.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 13, 2012, 09:44:31 am »

Kahn attempts to be a gentleman and princess-carry Ire up the stairs so she doesn't suffer damage from the remaining gems, since she looks sad. Once up there, he sets her down and looks around in puzzlement before suggesting following the road.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 13, 2012, 10:42:30 am »

Azastre's mouth opens in surprise as he watches the place he has found himself in. His eyes gleam in glee, and he is able to contain his desire to start biting everything because he knows much of what exists in this tower is too dangerous, even if not appearing to be so. He still grins and after assessing the floor seems safe, talks to the robot to safely bring one of his newly-made friends upstairs.

Azastre asks kindly the robot to carry Sandra to this floor and also some gems for him from the stairs. When the robot is done, he follows the road, eyes sparkling.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 13, 2012, 12:41:07 pm »

Arianna's mouth formed into a snarl as she gazed angrily down at the sword.

::My soul is my own, wretch. You will serve willingly, or we will see what other ways you might be of use to me.::

Intimidate sword. Train Intimidation?

Recollect +9 sword, if I don't still/now have it, and use it to clear and collect more gems off the staircase.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 12—Bone Identity
« Reply #1193 on: August 13, 2012, 01:24:08 pm »

"Niiicee."
Ace pockets his cards, then turns around to Sandra.
"Comin' with?"
He offers his hand out to her, and climbs the stairs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1194 on: August 14, 2012, 04:39:58 am »

Ire 5 tries to remember how she made the starry discs. With a slight concentration, she plucks one out of midair. It kinda just forms from a single point and expands into a disc that's invisible edge-on. It feels slightly soft to the touch and quivers in mid-air. A word pops into her head—chasers. And with that, Ire lopes up the stairs and to the riot of colors that is the thirteenth floor. The orange star chaser lazily floats just behind her, but she is somehow aware of the fact that it is at a certain point behind her head exactly.

Rod 5 wills his hands to stop bleeding. He heals 5,2,1=8 damage.

Kahn brings Ire up like a gentleman, though she doesn't notice him. Kahn notes a small orange disc that has a less orange star, rounded rather than sharp, in the middle.
(Rounded star)

Kahn suggests following the road.

Azastre 5 has his robot fetch Sandra up the stairs before Ace can get to her, and also receives one handful of gems. He follows the road.

4 Continuing on, behind the cotton candy tree that hid the rest of the road there is a house. It has two stories, and is likewise made of candy or sweets. The windows are sugar glass, the walls are marble-textured chocolate; the door is of gingerbread and the windowpanes are dark chocolate. However, the chimney is made of good brick, and some smoke drifts upwards from it. In front of the house, a tiny mouse nibbles on a bush with green cotton candy foliage and navy-colored skittles. The mouse looks like an idealized cute version of a real one. It does not hide from the sound of Azastre's steps. From inside the house, a loud crashing sound is heard.

"..Woah. Candy galore," comments Sandra next to him.

Arianna

6->4
:Ahaha, oh dear, feisty one, ain't you? Sure, I'll serve willingly, if you give me some of your delectable soul. Keep trying to think of ways around that, okay? Chacha.:

The voice's presence recedes from Arianna's mind, and the dark crackles on the surface of the sword subside.

One +6 Cursed Evil Two-handed Sword get.

+9 to Intimidate.

Arianna recovers her other sword. She then gathers up the last few One Handful of gems and goes to F13.

Ace turns around and sees...nothing, where Sandra just was. Turning a bit more, he sees the robot of Azastre's silently kidnapping her.

He goes to F13.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 14, 2012, 05:46:56 am »

(("The last few One Handful?" Don't suppose that means I got more than one One Handfuls? :3))

With a snort, Arianna stowed her new acquisition; she doubted she'd need it anytime soon.

"I have ascertained the evil sword's properties," she stated to the group, or more specifically anyone who was willing to listen. "Specifically, it will serve for a portion of the wielder's soul. Needless to say I have declined this offer, but it seems resistant to attempts to coerce it to serve without a fee. For the moment, I would label it useless."

Her report finished, she took a bit more time to examine her surroundings. Made of candy... some fey trap or madness, then, possibly designed to lure children. What children would be doing this far up the tower, she couldn't say; but then, she couldn't say what they'd be doing deep inside a forest either. Fey were strange by definition.

Still, she supposed examining the mouse was in order, and presumably the house was occupied.

Examine surroundings in more detail, attempting to discern anything unusual or odd about the candy. Examine, poke, pick up, speak to, and then release mouse, in that order. Cancel routine if anything interesting happens.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 14, 2012, 07:41:32 am »

Azastre smiles brightly at Sandra after hearing her remark and catfaces, nodding effusively in agreement. His eyes still sparkling in glee, he moves towards the little mouse with curiosity, crouching nearby it.

Azastre naively tries to talk with the mouse or otherwise examine it.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 14, 2012, 08:33:11 am »

Ire stared on at the magnificent sight around her, if this wasn't paradise, she could've sworn she felt her jaw drop.

All these sweets. Sweet sweet sweets!

You just had to have a sweettooth, eh?

Stab the white chocolate tile with my spear! Then...if nothing happens, taste it! :3

"This whole floor is made of confectionery delights?!"

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 14, 2012, 11:09:30 am »

Climb Stairs

Spoiler: Jack Dendy (click to show/hide)
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 14, 2012, 12:31:17 pm »

"Ah, much better."

Rod climbs the stairs to floor 13 (if he hasn't already) and follows the others down the road, carefully avoiding as much of the candy as possible.

"Poison... it's all poison!"

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 152