Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Age of Man  (Read 78562 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Man
« Reply #330 on: June 27, 2013, 09:39:16 pm »

Kill them!

Also if we survive, this attack force was likely most of their warriors, so if we are not too badly damaged we should go and kill and or pacify the rest of them.

Also, apparently Greatorder is the real necromancer here.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 28, 2013, 06:02:29 pm »

Also, apparently Greatorder is the real necromancer here.
Only the thread owner can necro a thread truly.
Unless someone else's necro catches the owners attention, in which case the original necro would have succeeded.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 29, 2013, 02:18:55 pm »

CLAY WALLS

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2013, 02:47:50 pm »

Damn, they escaped.

CLAY WALLS
Nah, that would take way too long and wouldn't actually solve the problem permanently.

Okay, here is what I think we should do.

Have a funeral for the dead, treat the wounded (bandages and all that), then present to the tribe a means of defending the village.

Give speech to tribe: We are met on a great battlefield. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that we might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that we shall triumph over our adversaries, and see their unjust aggression halted for all time.

(end of speech. I thought it proper to adapt portions of the Gettysburg address as a funeral speech, because that is what leaders do, give speeches, and that was a damn good one. Also, I feel like if we gave such a speech it would increase our status among the tribe.)

After the funeral speech promptly lay out the following plan to the tribe, lay it out as a permanent solution to our conflict, as a way to ensure that we need never see another one of our children die.

Now we move to the attack plan. Many of their men will have died or been injured during the fighting. Before nightfall, have non-injured and non-child members of the tribe repair their weapons, and sharpen their rocky tips. Have them also cover themselves in clay, preferably of a red color (I assume we are black, so that would standout well against our skin during the night. see where this is going yet?). While the tribe is doing that, take your most trusted companion with you and follow the attackers back to their camp. When night falls, march to the camp, go into their huts/tents/whatever and kill half of the tribes adults, quietly, while sparing the children. we will then march the people we did not kill back to our camp, to decide what we will do with them latter. Also, make sure you kill any of the adults if they had killed anyone from our tribe.

If we can defeat this other tribe, we can be set up as the regional hegemon, and will have eliminated a significant local threat.

Also, given that we just killed a bunch of their warriors, we should not rest on our laurels.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 29, 2013, 04:31:50 pm »

We could press the advantage... But we don't know exactly how badly they're hurt. I say we send scouts. Their camp is unlikely to be far enough away that they have any significant time to rest even if we don't press the advantage immediately. Then we have two options:

1) Our fit warriors outnumber theirs, and their will to fight is lesser than ours : Press our advantage and destroy them utterly, then make sure they receive a proper burial (our dead first, however, of course). Spread the word that this only happens to aggressors, and that the Mali No'ke vastly prefer peace, but we do not shirk from war if pressed to it.

2) Our fit warriors outnumber theirs, but our morale is shaken too badly to press on: Have a vote on an idea that perhaps a regiment of warriors could meet with the aggressors and attempt to get them to cease their attacks. Try to form what amounts to a treaty of peace with them. Hopefully, we don't have to fight. If we do, retreat and fortify.

3) They have more fit warriors than we, but our will is strong: Fortify the campsite, with warriors on watch 24/7 if at all possible. If not, watchmen in the night would be more likely to catch a sneak attack, since stealth is not as effective during the day, and we will automatically have eyes on the trees anyway. Sharpen some sticks and face them outwards around probable avenues of approach. Use these as our fortifications, since we don't have time to build a CLAY WALL.

4) They have more fit warriors than we, and their will to fight is undamaged: Alliance time. If we know of any other tribes who don't hate us, we need to rush over immediately after our scouts return and try to get them to ally with us to defeat a larger enemy. Offer to give them not our stone spears, but the knowledge of how to make them, in return for their service. That should prove far too tempting of an offer for them to refuse, and with our tech rate, it won't present a danger for very long. I suspect metallurgy will be soon on the agenda.

We need to remove the threat ASAP. It looks like it's not only tearing up our tribe but surrounding tribes too. We can't let barbarians run the place. That's our job!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »

That's why I suggest we attack at night, so that even if they out number us we will have surprise on our side, in addition to the technological advantage we have thanks to our stone-tipped spears.

Also, we should not have an alliance with them, not only would that not be popular, but everyone else hates them so everyone else would hate us.

I also had already included a suggestion for personally going to scout the area ourselves before the attack toke place, in case this was only a small portion of their forces, and most of them were left at the camp and are thus presently unharmed. I doubt they would suspect a counter attack right after they have attacked us.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 03, 2013, 11:39:34 am »

Reason that you can make breastplates for your legs or arms or legs.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2013, 06:24:16 pm »

Let's use that clay to build a brick fence around our little camp. High enough to see over and strike over with a spear, but too high to leap over quickly. It's more of a slowing measure. Leave a few holes in it, both for our transport and so that we can trick the enemy into a bottleneck.

Let's also see if we can't get some sort of pottery going. A good place to store water and food is a high priority; in fact, before we try making some pots, let's see what we can do about clearing out a pit into he ground, then build up a roof over that, so we have a sort of sunken building. This should let our food store for just a bit longer, but when you're dealing with room-temperature raw meat, a extra day before it goes bad is not a small deal.

Maybe some shovels would be nice too... Damn, all these ideas. We won't finish this turn.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2013, 12:41:11 pm »

Build a fireplace out of clay. (Mmmhh, where's this going? :P )

Send out scouts to spread word of our victory and offer allegiances to any tribes they might find. Teams of three, with spears, breastplates and clay body paint.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 22, 2013, 04:19:47 pm »

Time for the third necro of this thread!
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 27, 2013, 03:10:25 pm »

Four?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 27, 2013, 09:06:10 pm »

Build a fireplace out of clay. (Mmmhh, where's this going? :P )

Send out scouts to spread word of our victory and offer allegiances to any tribes they might find. Teams of three, with spears, breastplates and clay body paint.
This

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2013, 10:32:12 am »

Yes, fire
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 28, 2013, 10:53:07 am »

I am pretty sure this is more dead than Alexander the Great.

Let it rest in peace.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]