Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3860834 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1455 on: April 22, 2012, 09:21:57 pm »

Milno thinks for a while.
"While all of them interest me, the one about suits is the most useful. Guns and vintage cars can wait until I get more information on how to deal with what has the highest probabilities of bringing me back in one piece."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 22, 2012, 09:31:01 pm »

Elisaz shrugs and selects the second game.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 22, 2012, 09:33:48 pm »

Charro sat there for a while, thinking.
'Hmm, that went rather well. It seems my fellow HMRC members aren't a bunch of mindless psychopaths like I had half-feared. Perhaps if I befriend enough of them it could even be enough to get me through my first mission in one piece... With enough luck, of course.'
With his internal monologue complete, he gets to his feet and heads over to drop the tray into a disposal chute before heading out, nodding respectfully to the 'veteran' on his way. It's time to see just what else there is on this ship.
>Wander aimlessly for a while, learning the layout of the ship and introducing myself to any fellow cannon fodder I encounter.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 22, 2012, 09:36:29 pm »

Hell. I am board, so I will try to see if I have enough electricity in my head to blink
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 22, 2012, 09:38:54 pm »

Hell. I am board, so I will try to see if I have enough electricity in my head to blink
((You are just a head and a severed arm on the field. Stay put. Also, as for creating a different thread, you could start a poll. At first I did not want it, but now there are a lot of standby people. I think it also helps with the ambience and the feeling of detachment from the teams sent in and the waiting soon-to-be corpses.))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:48:00 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 22, 2012, 09:45:23 pm »

Return to the Mess Hall and begin admiring the place, however bland it is.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 22, 2012, 09:55:56 pm »

Bishop rolls his eyes and enters the mess hall, hearing the rambling idiot finally leave him alone. After a quick look over the menu, he decides to get a small meal and chooses Meat 3, some kind of vegetable and some water before leaving to the rec room, eating on the way. Upon arriving, Bishop decides to sit down next to one of the fellows at the table and try to talk to him.

"So... What are you in here for?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1462 on: April 22, 2012, 10:20:56 pm »

Milno thinks for a while.
"While all of them interest me, the one about suits is the most useful. Guns and vintage cars can wait until I get more information on how to deal with what has the highest probabilities of bringing me back in one piece."
The armory master hands you a copy of a video called "This Old Space Suit".

Elisaz shrugs and selects the second game.
You select "Poacher"
>Select Role
>Predator
>Prey

Browse the net.  First figure out the date, then check up on current events.
You look at the date.  6/12/873. The current events on the home page  include a debate on the limits of the genetics ban, the bombing of a railway by fleshhackers, and the use of titans on Vermilion 8.

"Ha! Who's next?" Look around for another being worth my time.
You scan the battlefield while idly crushing the smallfry underfoot. You adjust the scanner to search only for targets over a particular size. It finds 3 in relatively close range. The first is a humanoid thing with three arms and and a writing, tongue/tentacle for a head. The second is what looks like a bull crossed with a crab crossed with about 3 tons of bone plating. Both 3 arms and the Boney Bull are about your size, maybe a bit bigger. The third target is truly a colossus, a great floating thing that is skimming over the battlefield on a dozen membranous wings and gas sacks, scooping up hundreds of solders with the aid of countless tendrils and shoveling them into scattered sphincter-like mouths.

Charro sat there for a while, thinking.
'Hmm, that went rather well. It seems my fellow HMRC members aren't a bunch of mindless psychopaths like I had half-feared. Perhaps if I befriend enough of them it could even be enough to get me through my first mission in one piece... With enough luck, of course.'
With his internal monologue complete, he gets to his feet and heads over to drop the tray into a disposal chute before heading out, nodding respectfully to the 'veteran' on his way. It's time to see just what else there is on this ship.
>Wander aimlessly for a while, learning the layout of the ship and introducing myself to any fellow cannon fodder I encounter.
You wander about aimlessly and learn the lay out of the ship.

nope

Also, Victor is board
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Return to the Mess Hall and begin admiring the place, however bland it is.
You hop out of the sparring ring and walk back to the mess hall, admiring it with a smile. God you love linoleum.

Bishop rolls his eyes and enters the mess hall, hearing the rambling idiot finally leave him alone. After a quick look over the menu, he decides to get a small meal and chooses Meat 3, some kind of vegetable and some water before leaving to the rec room, eating on the way. Upon arriving, Bishop decides to sit down next to one of the fellows at the table and try to talk to him.

"So... What are you in here for?"

You walk to the mess hall and select meat 3. It gives you some sort of chicken looking thing. You select side 1 and get a mix of what you hope is steamed vegetables. You chose drink 2 and get some sort of brown stuff so you dump it out and chose 3, getting what looks like water. You head off and find a table, but no one is around to talk to.

Create a long line of tiny joints then cause a static charge to emerge the result should be a whip capable of delivering an EMP
Also take the field from a matter converter cause it to switch protons and electrons to make anti-matter give it a huge several day long timer
cause it to throw up a huge field that will convert enough of the planet to annihilate it totally
You key in the parts for your first project, getting a collection of tiny lengths of metal with ball joints on each end and some electrical parts, electronic parts and a battery. [Handiwork:3-1] You fiddle with the parts but fail to get the desired results. [intelligence roll:1+1] Hmm you can't think of any other routes to take in making this.

You select a Matter converter Field manipulator and start poking away at it, trying to figure out a way to generate anti-matter. [Intelligence roll:1] You stare at it for a few moments before screaming "MAKE ANTI-MATTER" at it. When it fails to do anything you start smashing it against the table. When this has no effect you try to make it feel bad by holding your breath. Several minutes later, when you regain consciousness, the situation still has not changed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 22, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »

Begin Meditation

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 22, 2012, 10:32:26 pm »

Find further information on the railway bombing and the titan incident.  Also work out how long it's been from the date I went into stasis to the current date, and look up significant events that occurred in that time.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 22, 2012, 10:35:06 pm »

"You're a big one."Let's just hit the biggest with my fusion instigator.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 22, 2012, 10:42:03 pm »

Milno turns around and heads to the rec room. He avoids any of the mess probably caused by the guy who loves felines and plays the video, hoping to get some insight on the workings of his suit. He also finds a way to disrupt Feyri's meditation during the process.

"What are you? A buddhist monk?"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:47:30 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 22, 2012, 11:26:52 pm »

Bishop pokes at the frankly unappetizing meat with a spork, sighing as he remembers what real food is like. Deciding to just bite the bullet, he eats everything on his tray quickly so not to linger on the taste for too long and downs the lot with the, hopefully, water in his cup before tossing the lot into the trash disposal. Massaging his eyes, he decides to see if he can go do something productive and useful by heading to the VR units and seeing if he can make an idea that has been in his head lately.

Eat food and down that liquid quickly so to avoid the taste, then head to the VR units and open tinker. Retrieve parts that I can use to make a small adhesive EMP bomb, and see if I can get it working.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1468 on: April 23, 2012, 12:00:14 am »

Begin Meditation
You sit on one of the tabletops and meditate. You are connected to your inner honeybee.

Find further information on the railway bombing and the titan incident.  Also work out how long it's been from the date I went into stasis to the current date, and look up significant events that occurred in that time.
You calculate it out that it's been roughly 120 years since you went into stasis, at least objectively. Hard to tell subjectively.

You look up the incidents on the titans and the railway bombing.

>..Vermilion 8 has long been a major military outpost for the Xeno race known as the Heabi. The Heabi are a fiercely territorial species of pseudo-intelligent fungi strains which conquer any planet they come across and, over a period of tens or hundreds of years, spread across it's entire surface. Once they've subsumed the entire planet they convert it into a single massive colony ship by using organo-rockets to push it out of orbit and propel it across the galaxy, spreading spores as they go.

Vermilion 8 has been spared this fate by means of near constant bombardment yet the Magistars' forces and those of the xeno's remain in constant stalemate. Magistar Istar's proposal to use Titans to forcibly clear the surface of infestation through ground level combat has been hailed as both inspirationally bold and suicidally myopic. The Magistars of The Vermilion system have yet to come to a decision...

>...Fleshhackers, radical progenetics anarchists, planted a bomb containing a homegrown mutagen on a public railway two weeks ago. The explosion killed 3 and infected dozens with the mutagen. The resulting Altered beings emerged over the last two weeks. Many turned themselves in for treatment, though some are still missing. If you see an altered being, report it to the Civic Defenders at...   

"You're a big one."Let's just hit the biggest with my fusion instigator.
You hold the fission instigator like a bottle rocket in your massive hands. The targeting system in the instigator links up with your vision and paints a target and range finder on the floating leviathan. The range finder blinks a red warning as you aim. "WARNING: PROXIMITY TO FISSION RANGE"

Milno turns around and heads to the rec room. He avoids any of the mess probably caused by the guy who loves felines and plays the video, hoping to get some insight on the workings of his suit. He also finds a way to disrupt Feyri's meditation during the process.

"What are you? A buddhist monk?"
You pop the card into the tv and heckle Feyri as the video loads. The video shows a rather rotund man with a graying beard going over the suits in a good amount of detail. Apparently the Mk II's are prone to occasionally overdosing users if not calibrated correctly; and Mk III's have a chance of detonating if their rocket pods are damaged. Oh, and that Mk I's are just slightly better then running out into space in a sweat suit with a fish bowl on your head. Oh dear.

(BONUS: +1 to handiwork rolls when modifying or repairing suits.)

Bishop pokes at the frankly unappetizing meat with a spork, sighing as he remembers what real food is like. Deciding to just bite the bullet, he eats everything on his tray quickly so not to linger on the taste for too long and downs the lot with the, hopefully, water in his cup before tossing the lot into the trash disposal. Massaging his eyes, he decides to see if he can go do something productive and useful by heading to the VR units and seeing if he can make an idea that has been in his head lately.

Eat food and down that liquid quickly so to avoid the taste, then head to the VR units and open tinker. Retrieve parts that I can use to make a small adhesive EMP bomb, and see if I can get it working.
You scarf your food and chug your...liquid...and then head off to a VR machine and open the Tinker program. You want to make an sticky emp bomb so you select a Explosively pumped flux compression generator, something called "Stick all" and a detonation circuit. [Handiwork:5] You slather the stick all on the generator and wire up the detonator circuit. That looks like it will work nicely.

((From now on, you're gonna have to pass a intelligence check to know the parts you want if you don't post'em. Otherwise someone's gonna try and make a nuclear bomb or something. And if they want to do that they need to beat the dice at least  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 23, 2012, 12:10:46 am »

Milno squints his eyes.
Well, he knew MkI suits were ridiculously crappy, but that way of facing the world was incredibly close to his own line of thinking. Satisfied with the acquired knowledge, he goes to the armory to return the card and ask for the one which focuses on weapons.

"Steve, it had occurred to me some time ago, but if you have no contact with the morons on the surface, when will you know when to send the new batch of lambs in? Can you at least track their vitals?"
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 1256