Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3868749 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1590 on: April 26, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »

Mason examines the bodies, all the while speaking to Faith.

"This day just gets stranger and stranger."

Mason sighs, and decides to scavenge the bodies for salvageable equipment or weapons.

"If I'm doing this alone, I'm taking as many weapons as I can possibly carry. I might die, but I'm dying in a rain of HELLFIRE..."

You trot over to faith and take a look at the bodies with her. One looks to be one of the men you saved from the forest. The other has Adrian's name stamped on the chest. You liberate a Kinetic amplifier from one body and a laser rifle from Adrian.

TA-DAAAAAAAAAA!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 26, 2012, 02:01:58 pm »

((Actually, know what...))

"Who wants a laser rifle? I get the credits for its salvage back on the ship, but 'til then, we need all the firepower we can muster. I'll use my Psykamp long-range and my kinetic amp close range, and someone can borrow my laser rifle. Borrow."
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 26, 2012, 02:07:21 pm »

Milno turns the buzz setting off. No need to skim over the field while your teammates are walking.

"I'll take it only if no one does. Everyone has the right to die while clutching a weapon."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:09:54 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 26, 2012, 02:10:15 pm »

Mason chuckles and hands Milno the rifle.

"Put it to good use, comrade."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 26, 2012, 02:11:19 pm »

Jim follows Milno and Mason. "I'm a close range fighter myself, so I'll need you guys to cover me until I can get in there and deal some damage." He reactivates his emoticon, displaying it as a neutral :| for now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 26, 2012, 02:14:05 pm »

Stay with the group.
"Wait, what about me?  Do you have a gun for me?  All I've got is this dinky cutting torch!  Speaking of which..."
Have the cutting torch ready, just in case.  A close-range weapon is better than no weapon.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 26, 2012, 02:16:32 pm »

((Which profession did you choose, Remalle?))

Milno accepts the rifle and walks with the group after turning off the suit's rockets.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 26, 2012, 02:25:05 pm »

"...Did they not brief you on the dangers of this mission? You didn't hear ANY of our various distress calls?

...Please tell me someone brought grenades or a long-ranged weapon?"

Mason places his face neatly in his palm, exhaling warm air and sighing.

"Those with long-range weapon potential, stand in the center of the group. Those with short-ranged weapons, stand at front and back. Some would say stick the guns in the front, but do you really want someone to charge you with a sword, pipe, or other melee weapon and lose our gunners when you could have shanked the bastard in a second? Up to 3-5 meters, a fast human can close in on a gunner before they have a change to ready their weapon, especially if its an energy weapon that needs to be charged. I'll stick in the middle as well, and use my psy-amp to burn a hole in whatever decides to piss us all off. Anyone have a problem with that plan? If so, come up with a better one.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 26, 2012, 02:38:45 pm »

(I'm a fleshtech, so I planned on just bringing a cheap short-range weapon until I could find a gun.  It seems I severely underestimated weapon availability, though.)

"Uh, no, no distress calls, but we figured you'd all be dead so I figured I could take one of your guns, right?  But, um, it seems like you don't have that many guns, either.  Anyway, I'm no soldier, I'll follow your plan.  I'll just... stand in the back, like you said."
Stand in the back of the group.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 26, 2012, 02:42:24 pm »

((I would not pick a gun if I was you. That -1 modifier may severely cripple you if shit happens. If you do believe in luck, you can ask for the laser rifle.))

Milno turned to Mason with a giggle.
"I have a simpler plan. Me and Jim are to go in front of the group. You are not creating strategies for an army or for a squad of soldiers. We are all convicts sent to die in hellholes, and most of us are here either because of sheer stupidity or bad luck. I have a suit and Jim is basically a tin man."

He puts the laser rifle on his back (I guess the suit does have some kind of clamp or whatever for that) and keeps the gauss rifle and tesla sabre in hand.

"We should avoid melee unless strictly necessary for the simple reason it will be harder to shoot an enemy without sparking friendly fire when there is someone wrestling the target. If one of us enters melee, the rest should follow unless directly ordered by the person being maimed."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:57:27 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Plan B
« Reply #1600 on: April 26, 2012, 02:53:34 pm »

Elisaz silently stands, looking over the group.

Observe the group and listen to what they are saying, to reach a quick evaluation.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 26, 2012, 03:06:17 pm »

"Yeah, pretty much a tin-man here," Jim agreed, his emoticon ::) before reverting to :|. "Speaking of that, I wonder if those hallucinations or whatever you're talking about will affect me. I have no actual senses to speak of... and I do have a few alternate modes of vision, as well." He decided to try one out and activated the X-ray mode, then looked around to see how that affected things.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 26, 2012, 03:08:21 pm »

((I would not pick a gun if I was you. That -1 modifier may severely cripple you if shit happens. If you do believe in luck, you can ask for the laser rifle.))

Milno turned to Mason with a giggle.
"I have a simpler plan. Me and Jim are to go in front of the group. You are not creating strategies for an army or for a squad of soldiers. We are all convicts sent to die in hellholes, and most of us are here either because of sheer stupidity or bad luck. I have a suit and Jim is basically a tin man."

He puts the laser rifle on his back (I guess the suit does have some kind of clamp or whatever for that) and keeps the gauss rifle and tesla sabre in hand.

"We should avoid melee unless strictly necessary for the simple reason it will be harder to shoot an enemy without sparking friendly fire when there is someone wrestling the target. If one of us enters melee, the rest should follow unless directly ordered by the person being maimed."

"If you wish to forsake strategy and volunteer yourself as a living shield, then by all means do so. Even civilians can follow orders... You're assuming any and all attacks will strike at you, and from the front. If we are flanked in the Temple's close quarters, you're powerless to help us until the aggressor has torn through flesh and limb to reach you. At least if we're nailed by explosives or a trap, being in a tight group with two chunks of steel in front of us might offer us some form of ballistic protection... But I digress. Take your place at the front and lets take these fuckers out."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 26, 2012, 03:25:52 pm »

"If you wish to forsake strategy and volunteer yourself as a living shield, then by all means do so. Even civilians can follow orders... You're assuming any and all attacks will strike at you, and from the front. If we are flanked in the Temple's close quarters, you're powerless to help us until the aggressor has torn through flesh and limb to reach you. At least if we're nailed by explosives or a trap, being in a tight group with two chunks of steel in front of us might offer us some form of ballistic protection... But I digress. Take your place at the front and lets take these fuckers out."

"You are watching the nicest incarnation of me to ever step on any place in the whole universe. If they attack from the flanks, they will probably tear you to pieces. I don't fucking care. In case you haven't noticed, the only people really able to enter melee combat and not be torn to pieces by aliens in a split second at the moment are me and Jim. We also have to take in consideration that if two of the secondary anomalies have been destroyed, then the front is probably from where any threat will come. I also say that walking in a tight formation may actually be pretty stupid for shooting, so keep some ground between each other."
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1604 on: April 26, 2012, 03:41:46 pm »

Mason examines the bodies, all the while speaking to Faith.

"This day just gets stranger and stranger."

Mason sighs, and decides to scavenge the bodies for salvageable equipment or weapons.

"If I'm doing this alone, I'm taking as many weapons as I can possibly carry. I might die, but I'm dying in a rain of HELLFIRE..."

You trot over to faith and take a look at the bodies with her. One looks to be one of the men you saved from the forest. The other has Adrian's name stamped on the chest. You liberate a Kinetic amplifier from one body and a laser rifle from Adrian.

TA-DAAAAAAAAAA!
Ahh, thats right, Adrian. Forgot about his body.

Mason chuckles and hands Milno the rifle.

"Put it to good use, comrade."

You hand Milno the rifle.

((Which profession did you choose, Remalle?))

Milno accepts the rifle and walks with the group after turning off the suit's rockets.
You turn off your rockets, gently landing, and take the rifle Mason is offering you. The ammo counter reads 25/30 before you hang it from your back using the attached strap.

"Yeah, pretty much a tin-man here," Jim agreed, his emoticon ::) before reverting to :|. "Speaking of that, I wonder if those hallucinations or whatever you're talking about will affect me. I have no actual senses to speak of... and I do have a few alternate modes of vision, as well." He decided to try one out and activated the X-ray mode, then looked around to see how that affected things.
You switch your eyes to the x-ray setting. Everything becomes monochrome and very vague and undetailed. The men next to you are basically just bright white, your vision unable to pierce their suits.

>Mason, Milno, Mesk, Jim
Together you walk off toward the temple, carefully scanning the area as you do, wary of any movement. You make it to about the halfway point between where you landed and the temple entrance.

>Mason:
As you walk along you notice something odd. Mesk, the man behind you, has something coming out of the joints on his suit. Something fleshy, like the thing you killed earlier, a viscous ooze of skin and veins. [Intuition:5] You get the feeling that he might be very dangerous.

>Milno:
[Will:6] You stop walking when you feel something tingling across your scalp. You ignore it and keep walking.

>Mesk:
[Will:4] You have sudden strange feeling that something is wrong with your suit, but you're not sure why. All the displays read normal.

>Jim
[Will:6] Your feel your mechanical body twitch for a moment and go numb. Then everything is normal again. Strange.

Elisaz silently stands, looking over the group.

Observe the group and listen to what they are saying, to reach a quick evaluation.
You listen to the group, which is a bit hard since the only people who are talking are walking away toward the temple.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1256