Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3809118 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Masters of the Art of Ruining Things.
« Reply #555 on: April 13, 2012, 11:23:27 pm »

-Edit-

Saw that edit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:36:01 pm by Tiruin »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 13, 2012, 11:24:19 pm »

Go hand in my artifacts
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 13, 2012, 11:27:27 pm »

Go hand in my artifacts
((...I guess you got none. Ivan spent most of his time Frankenstein'ing and trying to kill Jim.
Also, new signature.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #558 on: April 13, 2012, 11:32:12 pm »

Go hand in my artifacts
You didn't have any.That response of mine was to Irony/faith. You guys had very similar posts though, so maybe you didn't notice.

>>Compiling briefing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #559 on: April 14, 2012, 12:21:59 am »

As Ivan, Faith and Feyri sit and wait for the briefing a few more men and women filter in, some sporting casts, others being driven about in automated wheelchairs. There aren't many. Milno, riding in one of the wheelchairs, shows up sporting a new left arm from the elbow down: It's a strange looking thing, like an anatomical display of muscle and bone, but with gleaming metal bone and fibrous black muscle. Jim shows up soon after Milno, though he isn't immediately recognizable. His entire body resembles Milno's arm, a chrome skeleton packed with dark sinew. He seems to glow faintly from within. His head is only vaguely human shaped, like a crash test dummy's, and lacks any sort of features. Hovering millimeters above that smooth visage is a collection of holographic points of light, arranged to form a simple emoticon to match his feelings. Moving with jerky and imprecise steps he manages to find a seat and sits down.

>Ahh, we're all here. Good good good. Well, lets begin shall we?

>Out of 30 soldiers we had 11 survive. Teams 1, 3 and 5 were completely wiped out. Considering our average survival rate of 20%, this mission is a resounding success!

>Team 4 was the only team to make it to the main artifact and capture it. Good job team 4. Try not to make quite as much of an ass out of yourselves next time, though.

>Teams 2 and 6, try not to get shot down again.

>Preliminary testing has revealed the following regarding the artifacts recovered.
Faith: Your artifacts appear to be some sort of malleable data storage medium. The form it is in effects what data it outputs. That crystal you brought was indeed the remains of a alien lifeform. We believe it was of the species that created that tower. 

Milno: Your pyramid artifact seems to be a weapon of some sort. I'm sure you could have guessed that by now though. We are researching a way to use  it in a more stable form. As per the power source, it's much to early to say anything, but it appears to have some sort of rudimentary consciousness.

>In all, it appears that that tower was the last surviving structure of that race, an arc of sorts. Those tanks were suspended animation pods and removing the power source basically killed every last one of the poor creatures rather quickly. Also very painfully. They waited there for thousands of years for someone to wake them and you slaughtered the lot of them with complete indifference, destroying forever that race of advanced beings. Good for you.

> And now for the part you're all waiting for, the tokens.
For your next mission:
Ivan:5
No weapons returned
No artifacts recovered

Faith:12
1 left over
4 for returned weapons
2 for artifact(s)
5 standard

Milno:13
4 for returned weapons
4 for artifact(s)
5 standard.

Feyri:9
1 for killing Sentinel
3 returned weapons
5 standard

Jim: 5
No returned weapons
No artifacts
No genitals

> Are there any questions?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:25:53 am by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2 starting soon. Enlist now!
« Reply #560 on: April 14, 2012, 12:27:39 am »

Milno shrugs.

"Well, I could not give a single flying fuck for destroying the remnants of an ancient alien civilization. Now, where is my arm hamburguer?"

((Well, I know what to do with those tokens, hehehe. Also, do  get any bonuses for my arm?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 14, 2012, 12:30:34 am »

You should all pile in and give me tokens.  :P

"No questions"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #562 on: April 14, 2012, 12:44:41 am »

Milno shrugs.

"Well, I could not give a single flying fuck for destroying the remnants of an ancient alien civilization. Now, where is my arm hamburguer?"

((Well, I know what to do with those tokens, hehehe. Also, do  get any bonuses for my arm?))

>Thats the spirit. Also, you'll get it when we're done here. The cook is being a bit slow. He keeps throwing up for some reason.

((Beyond the fact that it doesn't bleed, feel pain or break very easily and can be kept outside your suit, no. It's a standard issue version. The better versions, the Synth-arms, are available to buy from the armory though. Otherwise you'd all just be chopping off limbs to boost your stats.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #563 on: April 14, 2012, 12:47:31 am »

Oh, also, everyone who ran that mission gets 5 points to put in stats and 3 in skills. Tell me where you want to put them and I'll update things.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 14, 2012, 12:51:21 am »

((Beyond the fact that it doesn't bleed, feel pain or break very easily and can be kept outside your suit, no. It's a standard issue version. The better versions, the Synth-arms, are available to buy from the armory though. Otherwise you'd all just be chopping off limbs to boost your stats.))
((Yay. Goodbye to old flesh, hello to Deus Ex-like stylish prosthetics. I'll see where to assign my points.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 14, 2012, 12:54:36 am »

(Hmm. One point back in Dex to get that back to five, then put two in Intelligence and two in Wisdom. Two skill points go in Intuition and one in Medical Tech.)

Jim raised a hand after a moment to work out how to do so. "Can I get similar clothes and mask to what I had before? I feel naked without them. Lack of actual bits to cover notwithstanding."

(@Ninja Caellath: Actually I picture Jim looking like a geth body now from that description than the Deus Ex enhancements, although with a humanoid head.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 14, 2012, 01:05:08 am »

((@SeriousConcentrate: And I actually meant my arm. Judging by its description, the replacement arm looks like the Deus Ex prosthetic.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 14, 2012, 01:10:07 am »

(I know you meant your arm, it's just that Jim's body had the same description as Milno's arm.)

(EDIT: Actually, while I'm thinking about it... would it be possible to spend tokens to upgrade the durability of Jim's new body, or give it otherwise neat little tricks... like, for example, wristmounted flamethrowers, increased armor around the chest, or a form of sonar or radar? :3)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 01:14:39 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 14, 2012, 01:17:56 am »

((Oh God. It is Deus Ex all over again. Nice. Ask for a Typhoon Explosive System too. Just don't use it when we are nearby if your wish happens to be granted. Going to sleep, I hope there is more insanity for me to read when I wake up.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #569 on: April 14, 2012, 01:36:15 am »

(Hmm. One point back in Dex to get that back to five, then put two in Intelligence and two in Wisdom. Two skill points go in Intuition and one in Medical Tech.)

Jim raised a hand after a moment to work out how to do so. "Can I get similar clothes and mask to what I had before? I feel naked without them. Lack of actual bits to cover notwithstanding."

(@Ninja Caellath: Actually I picture Jim looking like a geth body now from that description than the Deus Ex enhancements, although with a humanoid head.)
By wisdom do you mean "Willpower" perhaps? I'll assume so.

>Hmm. Longcoats aren't really the sort of thing we carry, at least not normal ones...Talk to the Armory master, she might have something for you. As per the mask, Afraid not. No real need for them on the ship, you see.

Jim's face becomes a ": ("

((you're not far off. You look something like this with that human, emoticon head. Imagine a geth with the face of Jailbot from Superjail.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 1256