Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432095 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2012, 12:57:28 am »

Thin? Nice?

Bah, no. I'll take average anyday. No weight range associated with those smug, tree-worshipping cannibals.

You must admit, elves are your best friends if you dont use wood. There the most forgiving. Weakness is obvious.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2012, 01:03:35 am »

The king and his entourage have arri-

Ohh no, fuck that. Come on, let's go see if we can find a motel or something...

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2012, 01:04:31 am »

Well, as I said, I'd be human. Might make a nice companion on your travels, if you didn't mind someone inherently evil and oafishly stupid. I traded my ability to read for a +1 to dodge. Traded my ability to feed myself, too, which is a bit of a problem, but hey! I got +2 to swordfighting from it.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2012, 01:10:16 am »

i'm that master thief, sneaking around on your map.

i'll free all of the children.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2012, 01:18:46 am »

i'm that master thief, sneaking around on your map.

i'll free all of the children.

Please free me. I'll be at the dining hall at midnight.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2012, 01:19:26 am »

Calling dibs on strand extraction.
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2012, 01:26:23 am »

Nobody wants to be a military dwarf? Does The Twelfth Bay really have no military?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2012, 01:39:11 am »

I can brew, I can kinda sculpt and engrave, but I'm really good at writing stories which equates to....I don't know.

Sjammar Uristnom is 16 years old and one of the first of his kind. He has long black hair and almond shaped eyes. His beard is shorn short and fuzzly. He is relatively strong and unsociable. He is friendly, yet most people dislike him and he is easy to anger. He excells at literature and chemistry. He likes bronze and marble, elms for their seeds, cats for their aloofness and kobolds for their adorable snouts. He is in awe of Kodkod and is a worshipper of no-one. He likes to consume  when possible, lamb, strawberry wine and sweet pods. He enjoys hitting things with his hammer.

Specs:
Adept Brewer
Adequate Mason
Adequate Engraver 

He carries on his person a bronze warhammer with the image of a kitten in emerald.   

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2012, 01:41:02 am »

I can brew, I can kinda sculpt and engrave, but I'm really good at writing stories which equates to....I don't know.

Sjammar Uristnom is 16 years old and one of the first of his kind. He has long black hair and almond shaped eyes. His beard is shorn short and fuzzly. He is relatively strong and unsociable. He is friendly, yet most people dislike him and he is easy to anger. He excells at literature and chemistry. He likes bronze and marble, elms for their seeds, cats for their aloofness and kobolds for their adorable snouts. He is in awe of Kodkod and is a worshipper of no-one. He likes to consume  when possible, lamb, strawberry wine and sweet pods. He enjoys hitting things with his hammer.

Specs:
Adept Brewer
Adequate Mason
Adequate Engraver 

He carries on his person a bronze warhammer with the image of a kitten in emerald.

A bronze warhammer has been stolen!

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2012, 01:45:45 am »

Sjammar Uristnom is enraged.
Sjammar Uristnom goes to the mayor and demands the return of his hammer, or otherwise horrible things will happen to everyone.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2012, 01:46:33 am »

Sjammar Uristnom is enraged.
Sjammar Uristnom goes to the mayor and demands the return of his hammer, or otherwise horrible things will happen to everyone.

The mayor has been found dead, drained of all blood!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2012, 02:02:55 am »

Poor Loud Whispers. Should have posted that succession world save on time!

I'd end up in the stoneworker's guild. Hopefully Head Stoneworker at some point, specializing in all five branches of stoneworking; masonry, engraving, mining, architecture, and stonecrafting. I will have ALL OF THE ROCKS!

Except pitchblend. That can be thrown in the fission chamber with the goblins and the adamantine-armored axedwarves.

And of course I will demand a section of stone away from the main dorms and industries to call my own, where I will collect cats, kobolds, and captured women. And of course my own special brand of bizarrechitecture.

I'll just have to learn to produce mechanical locks Girlinhat can't crack (and learn to work slade into my walls...) or they might steal my captives for !!SCIENCE!! and !!FUN!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:11:42 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2012, 02:06:35 am »

Nobody wants to be a military dwarf? Does The Twelfth Bay really have no military?

For the love of Armok, let me out of the danger room already!  I'm running out of blood!

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2012, 02:13:05 am »

Actually, the thought of all the forumites becoming a singular fortress is an interesting concept. Supposing we maintain free will, memories, etc, since it wouldn't be us if we didn't have those, we would less take orders from some unknown outside source and -decide- to do things individually.

It would probably be rather chaotic, but largely beneficial, because we would not fall prey to dwarven idiocy, unless being dwarves lowers our intelligences quite a lot. Eventually we would probably elevate veteran forumgoers into positions of authority and since they know what they're doing, the fort would be largely successful as long as civil war doesn't break out.

That said, I would probably be content to tuck myself away in the mines and smooth the walls and floors, finally finishing only to begin engraving on them.
I will emerge a fantastic engraver and make pictures of basically anything all over the fort proper so everyone has something to look at other than hunks of rock and soil on all sides.

It'll take a few years, but don't worry guys. You'll all have wonderful pictures of cheeses and heroes striking down elves in all your bedrooms.

As far as the fort on a whole, it would probably be fairly shit for a long time as people settle into the whole world-as-dwarf-fortress thing, learn skills they'll need, construct the fortress proper and the various workshops, tools, and items we'll require, all that stuff. But after a couple years when everyone's used to it, it would be the badassest fort in all existence and would be nigh-unkillable.

Then some ass will breech HFS for shits and giggles, but it'll be okay because all of us will be danger-room'd into supreme fighting fitness.

Even the children.
This space for rent

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2012, 02:15:24 am »

However, I do want to further this notion;

+1 for multiplayer.  Let's see some hilarity.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:22:22 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 214