Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432855 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2012, 04:48:55 pm »

to be honest?

wede end up with a seige comming in, and everyone linning the gantrys with beer in hand to watch them get roasted via liberal applications of magma and slicy traps.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2012, 05:12:36 pm »

And of course we'd all be behind two layers of fortifications and clear glass windows. Afterall, none of us will be putting ourselves in any danger wahtsoever if we suddenly become dorfs in a video game. In fact, we'd likely all curl up in the fetal position and cry ourselves to sleep the first couple days while somebody figures out how to mine appropriately.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2012, 05:30:45 pm »

we would also feel strange compulsions to make a adamantine thong

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2012, 05:31:24 pm »

I would be that random wrestler that my fortresses always seem to attract.

Skills:

Legendary Wrestling (x5)
Legendary Dodging (x5)
Legendary Drunk (x5)
Legendary Fighter (x5)
Adept Brewer
Professional Fishing
Adaquate Biting
Novice Swiming
Dabbling Sanity

You know, the norm
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2012, 05:41:50 pm »

We wouldn't want to send anyone out to fight unless they volunteered for it, right?

For the love of Armok, let me out of the danger room already!

Seriously though, the !!science!! alone will probably kill us all loooong before the goblins arrive.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 06, 2012, 06:20:50 pm »

"Radiation poisoning?"  Never heard of it.  What's that?  I'm afraid you'll have to speak up; I can't hear very well through this *lead-lined suit*.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2012, 06:29:59 pm »

Thankfully it isn't the pitchblende itself, but the radon gas it gives off spontaneously decaying into polonium powder and sticking in your lungs!

(Shouts the dwarf with the !!scientific!! Water perculating air filration system with carbon filters installed in the greenglass and adamantium suit)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 06, 2012, 06:38:32 pm »

No matter!  I am a doctor, am I not?  I'm no stranger to self-surgery; most of my internal organs are high-tech replacements put there by me.  They've kept me alive these past three hundred years or so.  Rebuilding myself after having my DNA bombarded by free radicals will be trivial.

I'll bet you all thought I was just another !!MAD DOCTOR!! with no actual medical knowledge, didn't you?  Well, that pile of discarded vital organs says you're probably right, but no matter!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #263 on: April 06, 2012, 06:45:13 pm »

high-tech

Nothing but Ducks and Soap

Veetor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 06, 2012, 06:59:20 pm »

That would be rather awesome I believe. With the ingenuity of many players around here, and the work of the not so ingenious like me, we could build a super defenseful fortress where we would live forever in a crazy and fun place! Unless people start killing each other. :(

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 06, 2012, 07:02:18 pm »

Unless people start killing each other. :(

It's more likely than you think!
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #266 on: April 06, 2012, 07:03:50 pm »

Do we really need to worry about defense? The paranoia circulating around the fortress would leave us all in a state of perpetual isolation, individual fortresses residing within a single super structure. Armok forgive the Kobold that dares to take a sock from within.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 06, 2012, 07:07:19 pm »

Are you kidding!?

I imagine a "design a better mousetrap!" Competition, baited with pigtail socks!

The hilarious part being when contestants catch more dwarves than kobolds!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 06, 2012, 07:08:19 pm »

And of course we'd all be behind two layers of fortifications and clear glass windows. Afterall, none of us will be putting ourselves in any danger wahtsoever if we suddenly become dorfs in a video game.
I agree with this (somewhat),
In fact, we'd likely all curl up in the fetal position and cry ourselves to sleep the first couple days while somebody figures out how to mine appropriately.
but not with this. I'm the moron who used to enjoy setting things on fire in RL. The moron who turned his backyard into a dirtbike track. The moron who killed a hornet nest with a flamethrower. And there's no way I'm the only one. I would probably say, "Hey, cool! We're dwarves!" followed by "Holy royal forkulator, nobody's blown anything up yet?!?"  That is the point where I would declare myself miner/mason. I would need to be supervised, though... Closely supervised... preferably by someone who thinks like I do.

That would be rather awesome I believe. With the ingenuity of many players around here, and the work of the not so ingenious like me, we could build a super defenseful fortress where we would live forever in a crazy and fun place! Unless people start killing each other. :(
Ahaha, no. We wouldn't kill each other. We of Bay12 enjoy killing dwarves in DF mainly because they're stupid. And if you can figure out DF, it for the most part guarantees you're not stupid. We rarely start flamewars on the forums, and they're quickly quelled - if not by the people involved, then by the thoughtful innocent bystanders who tell the flaming people to shut up because it's pointless. :P As it's easier to start fights online anyway, I think we'd do pretty well in person. We wouldn't even need a hammerer. (which is somewhat disappointing because, let's face it, those are badass.)

Also, tripleninja'd.

EDIT:
Also, this.
Armok forgive the Kobold that dares to take a sock from within.
Lol. :P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:11:43 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 06, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »

(Looks around innocently)

<--- used to make his own firecrackers. Including colored sparklies.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 214