Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432109 times)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #975 on: April 11, 2012, 11:47:12 am »

She's not joking, you know.

Quite. At this point, I'm pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Mikymikmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Local Forum Goblin Lover + Elf Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 11, 2012, 11:50:57 am »

I would mine out my own room, steal other peoples stuff, cause a cave in in front of my room with tons of food and drink in my room.
Profit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 11, 2012, 12:02:06 pm »

Quite. At this point, I'm pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe.

Nah, you're mostly just that creepy stark-raving-mad yet somehow fully-clothed woman that stands in the middle of the dining hall screaming obscenities and assaulting random passersby and fleeing before the guards can catch you, that we let manage the scorpion pit because 1) somebody needs to do it before they start burrowing into the walls and break out and 2) you somehow manage to avoid getting murdered because even they feel awkward stabbing somebody so strangely affectionate of them. Or maybe it's them you scare more than anything else.
I somehow can't see anyone with your thus-far displayed personality getting into a position of power, especially fear-based, in a community dominated by logic and philosophy such as this one... For that matter, you'd probably get very little respect at all, or get yourself in a lot of trouble.

I'd vote ThatAussieGuy or Sphalerite into leadership roles, though. We can respect them. And Rumrusher as fortress theoretical physicist.

I would mine out my own room, steal other peoples stuff, cause a cave in in front of my room with tons of food and drink in my room.
Profit.

A volunteer for the Stoneworkers' Guild? Here's a pick, get diggin'!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 11, 2012, 12:18:06 pm »

Quite true, the only emotion I possess is a churning, tempestuous rage.

nose
left eye
middle eye
right eye

left eye tooth
right eye tooth
heart

Sorry, it seems I missed your injury report.  You really need to stop angering/annoying/being near KodKod.  Your ever-growing injury list is steadily depleting our hospital stocks.  Anyway, let's see what I can do about that heart.  I should have a spare or two around here, unless you'd be willing to try something... different.

To KodKod:
While I'm sure he completely and unreservedly deserved it, I humbly and with all due deference do request that you please refrain from hurting Oliolli quite so often.  As much as I relish in the opportunity to practice my skills, there are other things I would like to do that do not involve stitching Oliolli back together.  Now, I understand that accidents and accidents happen from time to time, but it is my hope that we can come to some sort of arrangement to our mutual benefit.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mikymikmik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 11, 2012, 12:28:57 pm »

Profit.
Done! MWAHAHAHHAH! I'm alone FOREVER!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 11, 2012, 12:42:45 pm »

Quite true, the only emotion I possess is a churning, tempestuous rage.

nose
left eye
middle eye
right eye

left eye tooth
right eye tooth
heart

Sorry, it seems I missed your injury report.  You really need to stop angering/annoying/being near KodKod.  Your ever-growing injury list is steadily depleting our hospital stocks.

I figured that if I get hurt (and stitched back together) often enough, eventually I'll become some sort of cloth-and-suture golem incapable of feeling pain or being held back by injury. That's why I'll keep staying around KodKod.

Regarding the stocks, we can make more. I'll see if I can pound together some manner of metallic sutures or dressing.

Anyway, let's see what I can do about that heart.  I should have a spare or two around here, unless you'd be willing to try something... different.

If by different you mean something along the lines of a mechanical heart or blood veins that pump themselves, I'm OK with it.

To KodKod:
While I'm sure he completely and unreservedly deserved it, I humbly and with all due deference do request that you please refrain from hurting Oliolli quite so often.  As much as I relish in the opportunity to practice my skills, there are other things I would like to do that do not involve stitching Oliolli back together.  Now, I understand that accidents and accidents happen from time to time, but it is my hope that we can come to some sort of arrangement to our mutual benefit.

Maybe you should appoint some new guy to be ready to piece me back together round the clock, leaving yourself time to... do whatever it is you do while you're not stitching me back together.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:44:43 pm by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #981 on: April 11, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »

Anyway, let's see what I can do about that heart.  I should have a spare or two around here, unless you'd be willing to try something... different.

If by different you mean something along the lines of a mechanical heart or blood veins that pump themselves, I'm OK with it.
They say Lungfish have a thousand and more uses...

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 11, 2012, 12:50:34 pm »

Now, I understand that accidents and accidents happen from time to time, but it is my hope that we can come to some sort of arrangement to our mutual benefit.

How attached are you to your vital organs? How attached would you like to be to your vital organs?

That's mutual benefit.
/人‿‿人\

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 11, 2012, 01:30:50 pm »

I figured that if I get hurt (and stitched back together) often enough, eventually I'll become some sort of cloth-and-suture golem incapable of feeling pain or being held back by injury. That's why I'll keep staying around KodKod.

If [NOPAIN] is all you're after, there are easier ways to go about it.  You don't really need your nerves, after all.

It'd be very much like a mechanical heart, only it'd be completely different in every important respect.

Maybe you should appoint some new guy to be ready to piece me back together round the clock, leaving yourself time to... do whatever it is you do while you're not stitching me back together.

That's certainly a possibility, if you don't mind having someone less experienced than myself working on you.

How attached are you to your vital organs? How attached would you like to be to your vital organs?

That's mutual benefit.

Organs are replaceable, though I'm quite fond of my current set.  I retract my request, and apologize for any perceived slight.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mikymikmik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 11, 2012, 01:33:44 pm »

If I was a dwarf, this would be my health:
head
upper body
lower body
legs
feet

This would be because I tried taming a giant dingo. I killed him but he scratched me everywhere...
Anyways at least I have 210 pieces of giant dingo meat! :P

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 11, 2012, 01:36:09 pm »

Organs are replaceable, though I'm quite fond of my current set.  I retract my request, and apologize for any perceived slight.

And to think that some people believe that diplomacy doesn't work.
/人‿‿人\

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 11, 2012, 01:39:22 pm »

If [NOPAIN] is all you're after, there are easier ways to go about it.  You don't really need your nerves, after all.

I like the way you think.

It'd be very much like a mechanical heart, only it'd be completely different in every important respect.

Fine, as long as you yell "FOR SCIENCE!" at a crucial point during the operation.

That's certainly a possibility, if you don't mind having someone less experienced than myself working on you.

They'll learn.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 11, 2012, 01:40:15 pm »

"Quite true, the only emotion I possess is a churning, tempestuous rage."

Wait, KodKod is a Giant Sponge?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 11, 2012, 01:46:43 pm »

No, she's Kerrigan.

She'd love nothing more than to gut you and lick the blood off her fingers.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #989 on: April 11, 2012, 01:49:36 pm »

No, she's Kerrigan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

HA.

HAHA.

Enjoy your infestation.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 214