Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432937 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1050 on: April 11, 2012, 10:23:42 pm »

Hmm... given the current necessity for astronaughts to get a shitload of excercise in space to remain healthy, there ought to be electrical generators installed on any excercise equipment that has an axle and space to wrap wires around it.

This discussion also supports a previous statement about the DF community entering the medieval world of DF and instantly industrializing it, followed shortly by the majority of technologies we understand today.

The instant we hit the ground, I would begin designing something akin to Blitikus' flying machine in Kobold Quest II, using small dwarven water reactors to provide rotational energy for the props.

There would be no stopping us, if we had even the most basic of necessities to survive for the first month or so. The fact that virtually all DF players have an IQ over 100 makes us all the more powerful.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 11, 2012, 10:26:20 pm »

No kobolds on hamster wheels?

I hate this idea.  >:(
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 11, 2012, 10:26:34 pm »

We would be as gods due to our smarts. Hell yes.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 11, 2012, 10:27:44 pm »

......I DEMAND EVERYONE TREAT ME AS A AVERAGE HUMAN-BEING. KOBOLD.

There, now im just a smart kobold, not a god.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 11, 2012, 10:29:51 pm »

I would rather be as a god due to giant space battleships.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But I suppose smarts is good too.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 11, 2012, 10:35:50 pm »

And realizing the potential of our superior DNA, I would seek to remove the weaknesses that hold it back. Pitiful "compassion" and "restraint" would be removed, as they are the obstacles of ambition. Also we waste much energy on needs of the flesh. My improved humanity would have no legs and exist inside advanced travel machines to protect them and provide their physical needs. These machines could all be furnished with advanced weaponry and shields to further cement our superiority. As a precaution against those who foolishly cling to outdated views, they would have to be imbued with the desire to destroy all inferior races, since greatness would otherwise be at risk of tampering.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 11, 2012, 10:38:15 pm »

You'll get your giant space battleships. We'll ALL get a fleet of them. After we recover the secrets of life and death from a necromancer tower by sending in some vampire or something and all become immortal, then use our power and smarts to slaughter the goblins and elves and raise their corpses for our skeleton crews as well as the primary labor force. It wouldn't take long. 50 years maybe, just to conquer such a world with our revolutionary dwarven engineering and abuse of this new world's broken physics. Maybe a century or so after that to create the first vessel, powered by said abused physics. First the solar system for it's resources, then the universe for !!SCIENCE!!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 11, 2012, 10:39:24 pm »

You'll get your giant space battleships. We'll ALL get a fleet of them. After we recover the secrets of life and death from a necromancer tower by sending in some vampire or something and all become immortal, then use our power and smarts to slaughter the goblins and elves and raise their corpses for our skeleton crews as well as the primary labor force. It wouldn't take long. 50 years maybe, just to conquer such a world with our revolutionary dwarven engineering and abuse of this new world's broken physics. Maybe a century or so after that to create the first vessel, powered by said abused physics. First the solar system for it's resources, then the universe for !!SCIENCE!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR.

Begins running on a hamster wheel.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 11, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »

Yes, yes, yes... Yuo can have a hamster wheel to help power the main reactor. Just to get you out of the way...
I make Spellcrafts!

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 11, 2012, 10:50:00 pm »

I MUST KNOW WHERE THIS IS FROM!!!
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 11, 2012, 10:50:07 pm »

Yes, yes, yes... Yuo can have a hamster wheel to help power the main reactor. Just to get you out of the way...

I can't see how this would backfire in anyway.

A thief has stolen a ☼Life Support System☼.

______ has suffocated x200.

I MUST KNOW WHERE THIS IS FROM!!!

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.

The delectable Coronata Titan of the Advent Loyalist faction, with the ability to mind control an entire planet.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:54:01 pm by KodKod »
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 11, 2012, 10:51:48 pm »

I can't see how this would backfire in anyway.

A thief has stolen a ☼Life Support System☼.

______ has suffocated x200.

Im not that stupid, im just as smart as the average forumer, I would never escape fast enough. Im content with hamster wheel and leftover chicken-bones and some turkey-blood.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 11, 2012, 10:55:47 pm »

I dunno, I don't think a kobold could walk off with a life support system big enough to supply anything near as large as a star destroyer anyway, even if such a vessel utilized over a thousand of them. I suppose he could get stuck in the gears, though.

And if we all decided to become vampires to boost our awesomeness, we wouldn't need to breathe, so that's one less purpose the LS would serve.
I make Spellcrafts!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 11, 2012, 10:57:25 pm »

I dunno, I don't think a kobold could walk off with a life support system big enough to supply anything near as large as a star destroyer anyway, even if such a vessel utilized over a thousand of them. I suppose he could get stuck in the gears, though.

And if we all decided to become vampires to boost our awesomeness, we wouldn't need to breathe, so that's one less purpose the LS would serve.

Noone to feed on, and my blood would be to salty from all the running to be drinkable.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 11, 2012, 10:58:48 pm »

A thief has stolen a rotational stabalizer!

Habitat bay 12's rotation is out of control!

Weird cancels create forum post, gravity exceeds 200g! x999
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 214