Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432086 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1215 on: April 14, 2012, 04:50:47 am »

BTW Kodkod, I have a scientific question. If I created cybermen and was allowed to chuck them into your scorpion pit, what would happen? Would they kill each other, or would they unite and cybernetic giant scorpions would emerge?

I am not sure, possibly the latter. Frankly I don't think that this would be a fantastic idea, the good thing about organics is that they feel, and however fearless one may be in battle is irrelevant, because if it has a will, that will can be broken, bent into check. A Giant Desert Scorpion can be as harmless as a puppy given sufficient reason to obey without question.

Now to turn them into unflinching automotons could have unfortunate consequences. Think 'Bronze Colossus with a deadly neurotoxin'.

I'll keep them as simple, breakable fleshies, thanks.

Its a shame cybernetics arent in.
Aurgemt then with powered claws, extra armour, maybe a couple of extra limbs, while keeping all the glory of letting you torment them. Direct nerve induction would help keep them under control. Get the best of both worlds, unflinching automatons that obey your every command bercause they know that you will personally cause their entire body to become a conduit for pain

Another Kodkod worshipper that wants her to take over the world ? Away with thee !

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 14, 2012, 04:57:20 am »

BTW Kodkod, I have a scientific question. If I created cybermen and was allowed to chuck them into your scorpion pit, what would happen? Would they kill each other, or would they unite and cybernetic giant scorpions would emerge?

I am not sure, possibly the latter. Frankly I don't think that this would be a fantastic idea, the good thing about organics is that they feel, and however fearless one may be in battle is irrelevant, because if it has a will, that will can be broken, bent into check. A Giant Desert Scorpion can be as harmless as a puppy given sufficient reason to obey without question.

Now to turn them into unflinching automotons could have unfortunate consequences. Think 'Bronze Colossus with a deadly neurotoxin'.

Aurgemt then with powered claws, extra armour, maybe a couple of extra limbs, while keeping all the glory of letting you torment them. Direct nerve induction would help keep them under control. Get the best of both worlds, unflinching automatons that obey your every command bercause they know that you will personally cause their entire body to become a conduit for pain

Whistles
Another Kodkod worshipper that wants her to take over the world ? Away with thee !
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 14, 2012, 04:58:02 am »

I guess that if Bay12 really was a mountain hall we wouldshould be more reluctant to do !!SCIENCE!! on one another than we are in the game.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 14, 2012, 04:59:15 am »

I guess that if Bay12 really was a mountain hall we wouldshould be more reluctant to do !!SCIENCE!! on one another than we are in the game.

Luckily for you, im both a kobold and a KodKod loyalist, I would get 99% of all the !!SCIENCE!!
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 14, 2012, 05:14:54 am »

Luckily for you, im both a kobold and a KodKod loyalist, I would get 99% of all the !!SCIENCE!!
"Loyalist." KodKod seeks to usurp the God Emperor of Mankind.
Also, what does this have to do with mountain halls? If anyone would rule it it would be Toady, Three-Toes or Girlinhat.
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 14, 2012, 05:20:26 am »

Also, what does this have to do with mountain halls? If anyone would rule it it would be Toady, Three-Toes or Girlinhat.

Loyalist, cultist, fan of posts, whatever. I went with that came to me first.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 14, 2012, 05:32:26 am »

Oh that's fine, by all means let Girlinhat be in charge.

I see myself in more of the evil chancellor position, coveting the power of whoever is in charge and ultimately leading to their downfall as I poison them or gain possession of some mystic artefact, that sort of fun-times, and then seizing control for myself to begin my tyrannical reign after their demise.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 14, 2012, 05:33:56 am »

I for one, welcome our new Kodkod overlady.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 14, 2012, 05:48:05 am »

Call me a stickler for tradition but I just can’t appreciate a cybernetic-implant based method of causing pain.

There’s nothing quite as satisfying as something or someone have a primal fear of the harm they know you can and will personally inflict upon them without having to rely on gadgets or mechanical devices. It's like the difference between riding in a car and being able to run at 100 mph. Let them know that you alone are already all you need to make their worst nightmares become reality, that's how you dominate something.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Silverbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 14, 2012, 08:01:30 am »

Silverbit cancels work: Worshipping KodKod.
I'm also on the Giant in the Playground forum under the same username.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 14, 2012, 08:04:16 am »

MY CULT I MADE FOR KODKOD ACTUALLY HAS FOLLOWERS?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 14, 2012, 08:05:18 am »

Call me a stickler for tradition but I just can’t appreciate a cybernetic-implant based method of causing pain.

There’s nothing quite as satisfying as something or someone have a primal fear of the harm they know you can and will personally inflict upon them without having to rely on gadgets or mechanical devices. It's like the difference between riding in a car and being able to run at 100 mph. Let them know that you alone are already all you need to make their worst nightmares become reality, that's how you dominate something.

I can see where your point is but i do prefer the sheer variety of torment that machinery can offer. repurposed medical devices, and the like just allow for so much control over what happens, without the dangers of human error causing something to go wrong and grant them an early death.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 14, 2012, 08:23:58 am »

Oh that's fine, by all means let Girlinhat be in charge.

I see myself in more of the evil chancellor position, coveting the power of whoever is in charge and ultimately leading to their downfall as I poison them or gain possession of some mystic artefact, that sort of fun-times, and then seizing control for myself to begin my tyrannical reign after their demise.
So basically you are Mordeth of the WoT universe? That is even worse than taking the throne for yourself!

Silverbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 14, 2012, 08:44:10 am »

The cult grows in power Corai... soon, this fortress/jail cell will be ours!
(That is, if KodKod doesn't throw us to the scorpions first.)
I'm also on the Giant in the Playground forum under the same username.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 14, 2012, 08:47:57 am »

The cult grows in power Corai... soon, this fortress/jail cell will be ours!
(That is, if KodKod doesn't throw us to the scorpions first.)

The small kobold begins rubbing his hands

All according to Gribusign.............

EDIT:

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:53:46 am by Corai »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 214