Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432936 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1860 on: April 22, 2012, 12:18:19 pm »

Nah, if I need to get rid of an organ I'll just get somewhere within a kilometre of KodKod.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: April 22, 2012, 03:06:42 pm »

So KodKod has an 'Eviscerating Aura' thing going on.

WEAPONISING POTENTIAL?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: April 22, 2012, 03:56:04 pm »

Being a creature of chaos, kodkod's destructive potential defies external manipulation and control.

At least on the long term.  Short term manipulation is possible, but with devistating side effects.

For health and safety reasons, theoretical methods of externally controlled and temporarily directed !!RAGE!! Have been redacted from this post.

I other news, has anyone seen my poisons? The reagent shelf was broken into lately....

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:38 pm »

Nah, if I need to get rid of an organ I'll just get somewhere within a kilometre of KodKod.

I aint meanin' it like that.

Why you think kobolds carry daggers?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: April 22, 2012, 04:36:55 pm »

Because they are too small to carry short swords. I mean, they have to multigrasp the daggers, for goodness sake!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1865 on: April 22, 2012, 04:38:44 pm »

They are large daggers.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: April 22, 2012, 04:42:04 pm »

Because they are too small to carry short swords. I mean, they have to multigrasp the daggers, for goodness sake!

You seem to not understand what I mean.

Dwarves. Gold figure they cant understand something as simple as this.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: April 22, 2012, 04:47:26 pm »

Nono, I understand completely!

Kobolds don't carry around bags for their loot, because they spindly weak. For the same reason, the only weapons they can carry are daggers. Copper, because it can be cold forged. The daggers are almost too much for them, because they have to multigrasp.

Kobolds are torn between "teh shiny!", their ability to carry it, and the risk of deadly smooshing for trying.  So, they balance priorities, and carry a weapon that can be held with one hand if needed. However, they tend to over compensate (probably a size related psychosis) and carry weapons way larger than they can easily handle.

They would be better off carrying copper scalpels.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: April 22, 2012, 04:49:00 pm »

Nono, I understand completely!

Kobolds don't carry around bags for their loot, because they spindly weak. For the same reason, the only weapons they can carry are daggers. Copper, because it can be cold forged. The daggers are almost too much for them, because they have to multigrasp.

Kobolds are torn between "teh shiny!", their ability to carry it, and the risk of deadly smooshing for trying.  So, they balance priorities, and carry a weapon that can be held with one hand if needed. However, they tend to over compensate (probably a size related psychosis) and carry weapons way larger than they can easily handle.

They would be better off carrying copper scalpels.

The kobold pulls out a note-pad, crosses off dwarves, and circles elves.

New most intelligent race......WHO THE HELL PUT KOBOLDS ON HERE?

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: April 22, 2012, 05:43:18 pm »

Me:You!!!
Other Dwarf: Who? Me?
Me:Yes. You. What is your name?
Other Dwarf: Uuuuh... Urist?
Me: Okay, Urist... I want you to bring everybody into the woods and start cutting down trees.
Urist: Why?
Me: Our survival is at stake and I am counting on you to help us see through this situation.
Urist: Ummm... Okay, but...
Me: Are you on my side or not?
Urist: Yeah... But...
Me: Look... This work is most definitely going to suck, but just think about all of your descendants gathering around the magnificent statue made made in your honor.
Urist: *thinks for a second* Sounds good.
Me: Yes. It does. Now, get to work!!!
Urist: Okay. *walks away*
Me: *thinking to myself* Sucker...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: April 22, 2012, 06:41:48 pm »

Cutting wood isn't that hard.  It is with an axe, sure, but dwarves work metal. I would introduce them to the joy that is the 2-man saw.

Perhaps in time, we could delight in the elf-panty-soiling splendur that is the chainsaw.

But before that day, the 2-man saw it is. 

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: April 22, 2012, 06:44:38 pm »

Cutting wood isn't that hard.  It is with an axe, sure, but dwarves work metal. I would introduce them to the joy that is the 2-man saw.

Perhaps in time, we could delight in the elf-panty-soiling splendur that is the chainsaw.

But before that day, the 2-man saw it is.

I would give elves assault rifles.

I would laugh as they desperately try to reload, then realizing that the bullets I gave are wooden.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: April 22, 2012, 06:48:38 pm »

Sorry turncoat kobold.... elves don't work metal... and trees can't contain an explosion. Also, black powder requires charcoal; a forbidden substance to elven kind. Even if you gave them flintlocks, once they learned they are powered by burned trees, they would refuse to use them.

Now, blowdart guns with deadly plant juices... maybe...  but only humans ans dwarves would use rifles. (Goblins if they ever learned how.... which I would prevent.)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: April 22, 2012, 06:56:47 pm »

Sorry turncoat kobold.... elves don't work metal... and trees can't contain an explosion. Also, black powder requires charcoal; a forbidden substance to elven kind. Even if you gave them flintlocks, once they learned they are powered by burned trees, they would refuse to use them.

Now, blowdart guns with deadly plant juices... maybe...  but only humans ans dwarves would use rifles. (Goblins if they ever learned how.... which I would prevent.)

Thats the idea! Make them feel guilty once they learn of it!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: April 22, 2012, 10:00:45 pm »

This talk of chainsaws is most appealing. Should we acquire them, we should rev them in a way that implies to elves, "Don't say anything and we'll stick to using these on goblins."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 214