Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 433026 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2745 on: May 12, 2012, 02:46:01 am »

The lake sediments in the Snake River Plain are also rich in fossils. Nothing real old, since Lake Idaho dried up relatively recently (to a geologist) and there's not much in the way of more ancient fossils as I understood it, what with the massive volcanic activity, mountain-building and associated metamorphism, and most everything west of Idaho's western border being accreted terranes. Montana is starting to loom like a good place to go...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: May 12, 2012, 02:48:10 am »

Kansas used to be an inland sea during the mesozoic and cretaceous periods.

We have fossils of everything from small chrinoids, to giant sea creatures.

The sternberg natural history museum has a very fine selection of high quality museum peices dug up from this area.

Near castle rock, you are literally garanteed to find fossilized shark bits.  Usually only the jaw and teeth fossilize, due to sharks lacking true bones though.  You find chrinoids all over kansas though.

Oh yeah... forgot to mention mother of pearl!

While the shells are really thin, the ninnescah river has a unique native mussel species called a "pink heelsplitter", which has rose-pink colored mother of pearl, with hints of green and blue irridescense. It makes beautiful lapidary.

Also, while probably not native, wellington fishing lake is overrun with quadrula quadrula (maple leaf) mussels, which produce very thick, white mother of pearl.  Large quadrula quadrula are used to make round seed pearls for innoculating oysters, but the pearl itself from these mussels is a nice satiny white. Near the hinge, they can be over an inch thick.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:59:06 am by wierd »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: May 12, 2012, 04:46:45 am »

The terrain in Finland was ground up pretty bad during the ice age. Not much to be found here except varying sizes of rocks...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: May 12, 2012, 08:51:23 am »

But what form of rocks!? :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: May 12, 2012, 11:36:32 am »

‼Gbaneg‼ lets out a mighty roar as the fires harden it's skin. Charging at Niminem Ultima in a state of rage comparable to those of giant sponges, Niminem Ultima is momentarily disabled. Using this moment to it's advantage, ‼Gbaneg‼ moves to the side of Niminem Ultima and charges again, almost knocking the fortress over. Noticing the ‼hammerhead whale‼ and ‼hammerhead yak‼ approaching form his left, ‼Gbaneg‼ spins 270° clockwise and transfers all this momentum into a powerful punch that knocks the ‼hammerhead yak‼ off the ‼hammerhead whale‼. Grabbing the ‼hammerhead whale‼, ‼Gbaneg‼ starts turning and rotating, building up momentum to throw the ‼hammerhead whale‼ away. By the time Niminem Ultima and the ‼hammerhead yak‼ were ready for battle again, ‼Gbaneg‼ had built up all the momentum he needed. ‼Gbaneg‼ throws the ‼hammerhead whale‼ aiming for the ‼hammerhead yak‼, resulting in both of the combatants soon finding themselves in what was once an elven forest retreat, now a wreck left behind by the Ollifex. Those two dealt with for now, ‼Gbaneg‼ turns his attention to Niminem Ultima again. This mobile fortress wouldn't be mobile for much longer... nor a fortress.

(You might be safe if you hide in one of the biohazardous waste barrels... a nice clean one you know... if it can keep the goop in, it can keep it out too.)

We already have Gbaneg, now you want to turn Corai into one of those things too?

Oh, you're trying that!  I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but I must save the mobile fort that was built in a strange mood!

With the damage of the fort and the death of the master of water, the dragons fire off the "secret" cannon that utilizes a burst of anti-matter and obliterates !!Gbaneg!!!  The particles are blasted into sub-space!

BURN!

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: May 12, 2012, 12:07:31 pm »

But what form of rocks!? :D

I don't know about the specific minerals etc. but Finland's ground is mainly moraine. Granite would be a good guess at what rock is in question.

‼Gbaneg‼ lets out a mighty roar as the fires harden it's skin. Charging at Niminem Ultima in a state of rage comparable to those of giant sponges, Niminem Ultima is momentarily disabled. Using this moment to it's advantage, ‼Gbaneg‼ moves to the side of Niminem Ultima and charges again, almost knocking the fortress over. Noticing the ‼hammerhead whale‼ and ‼hammerhead yak‼ approaching form his left, ‼Gbaneg‼ spins 270° clockwise and transfers all this momentum into a powerful punch that knocks the ‼hammerhead yak‼ off the ‼hammerhead whale‼. Grabbing the ‼hammerhead whale‼, ‼Gbaneg‼ starts turning and rotating, building up momentum to throw the ‼hammerhead whale‼ away. By the time Niminem Ultima and the ‼hammerhead yak‼ were ready for battle again, ‼Gbaneg‼ had built up all the momentum he needed. ‼Gbaneg‼ throws the ‼hammerhead whale‼ aiming for the ‼hammerhead yak‼, resulting in both of the combatants soon finding themselves in what was once an elven forest retreat, now a wreck left behind by the Ollifex. Those two dealt with for now, ‼Gbaneg‼ turns his attention to Niminem Ultima again. This mobile fortress wouldn't be mobile for much longer... nor a fortress.

(You might be safe if you hide in one of the biohazardous waste barrels... a nice clean one you know... if it can keep the goop in, it can keep it out too.)

We already have Gbaneg, now you want to turn Corai into one of those things too?

Oh, you're trying that!  I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but I must save the mobile fort that was built in a strange mood!

With the damage of the fort and the death of the master of water, the dragons fire off the "secret" cannon that utilizes a burst of anti-matter and obliterates !!Gbaneg!!!  The particles are blasted into sub-space!

BURN!

Oliolli begins frantically figuring out how this can end up in something much worse than what the Olliolifex could have ever been!

Particles... Given that it was an anti-matter cannon we're probably talking sub-atomic ones... "Sub-space"..? Just need some stupid deus ex machina to open up some rifts... How many particles are we talking about? Size of Olliolifex, amount of atoms, amount of particles in question per atom... *punches numbers into calculator* Made a sad-face... Looking good! The Olliolifex hasn't been properly desinged yet, I can put some nasty kink into it. I RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO DESING THE OLLIOLIFEX! Kekekekeke...

If one makes a grenade from a lemon, should it be called a "lemonade"? If it's incendiary, maybe it should be called the Molotov Lemonade?
The distraction, did it work?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:19:05 pm by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: May 12, 2012, 07:31:25 pm »

Quote from: Oliolli

BURN!

Oliolli begins frantically figuring out how this can end up in something much worse than what the Olliolifex could have ever been!

Particles... Given that it was an anti-matter cannon we're probably talking sub-atomic ones... "Sub-space"..? Just need some stupid deus ex machina to open up some rifts... How many particles are we talking about? Size of Olliolifex, amount of atoms, amount of particles in question per atom... *punches numbers into calculator* Made a sad-face... Looking good! The Olliolifex hasn't been properly desinged yet, I can put some nasty kink into it. I RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO DESING THE OLLIOLIFEX! Kekekekeke...

If one makes a grenade from a lemon, should it be called a "lemonade"? If it's incendiary, maybe it should be called the Molotov Lemonade?
The distraction, did it work?

You mean designing instead of desing and desinged, right?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:33:55 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: May 12, 2012, 07:39:51 pm »

HOW DO WE MAKE THESE DOOMS-DAY DEVICES?

I mean, really. Half of these should had blown up and killed us by now knowing DF.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: May 12, 2012, 07:46:11 pm »

HOW DO WE MAKE THESE DOOMS-DAY DEVICES?

I mean, really. Half of these should had blown up and killed us by now knowing DF.

Two theories:

1) Strange Moods (ex. Niminem Ultima)

2) Weird Joykill (ex. Napalm, poisons, Nitro)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: May 12, 2012, 07:48:32 pm »

Well, I am going to hide, cause these things are gonna blow up soon.

Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: May 12, 2012, 07:52:40 pm »

Only if you keep stabbing me in the legs while handling dangerous substances.

*kick*

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 12, 2012, 07:54:33 pm »

Well, I am going to hide, cause these things are gonna blow up soon.

Carp...

Some idiot in the mobile fort fired off a secondary cannon and has cooked off the nitro.

A dragon has been killed!

Death was too good for him.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2757 on: May 12, 2012, 08:40:58 pm »

Hey Zanz, how do you drive dragon populations to extinction?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: May 12, 2012, 08:44:10 pm »

Oh, I need more dwarven blood, this time I'll use a kobold-sized silver hammer.

Hehehe, loopholes.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: May 12, 2012, 08:49:22 pm »

Hey Zanz, how do you drive dragon populations to extinction?

Well, there are thousands that range from the size of a hummingbird to the size of (basically) a mountain, so your goal is impossible to obtain.

Oh, I need more dwarven blood, this time I'll use a kobold-sized silver hammer.

Hehehe, loopholes.

Hammers only bruise...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:53:40 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 214