Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432901 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2820 on: May 14, 2012, 02:51:32 pm »

Taken by surprise how a 2ft abomination could drag a 4 and a half foot dearf through a 6 inch wide opening, while he is wearing 150lbs of armored doom, weird joykill stares in amazement at the hastily painted blue box the kobold was pointing frantically at.

It was in the middle of what was clearly a standard issue cage trap. The blue paint being a mixture of rocknut oil and ground up dimple dye; a mixture clearly devised by somebody not aquainted with the subtleties between paints and dyes.

At least he used an oil base.

At the surface was a clear photonic disruption, forcing the light deeper into the blue spectrum, and slightly distorting the image.

"WHAT IS THAT THING!?" The annoying little shit demanded.

"Looks like Hugo's work." Joykill muttered.  "I heard he was working on something like this.. what the f*^k is it doing in here though..."

Creaking open the door and peering inside, the change in aparent direction of gravity (the box was laying on its 'back', the door facing up.) Caused joykill's head to swoon.

Standing inside shouting nonsense was a 3.5 ft tall clockwork droid, clearly an advanced form of the same android gizogen has in his workshop, as several clear design problems had been corrected, and the movements were smooth and fluid instead of harsh and jerky.

A ghostly image of a white cat lounged lazily on the console, while uttering a stream of equally nonsensical banter.

"...temporal flux reading at 9. Initiating timeline reintegration. Reintegration failure. Temporal fracture index exceeds safe tolerances..."

Seeing the translucet cat playing with translucent yarn while uttering such things was disturbing enough. That the clockwork droid's utterings were more crazed, like hugo on one of his "bad days" was even more bothersome. Especially so, since the synthesized voice was hugo's.

Just then, an idea came to wierd's head.  It was the kittens.  The kittens had orchestrated this whole thing. That's why the interface hologram was a damned cat.

Standing up, and closing the door, he turned to the kobold.

"Hugo's in there. Sort of. I suggest not actually going inside. I don't think it's completely 'here'."

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? JUST FIX IT!" The squeaky shrill pestilence shrieked. "FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT!"

With a groan, joykill punched the side of the vent duct, making a large hole with the pneumatically driven piledriver built into the suit, then chucked the little bastard out through it before jumping out himself.

"WHAT DID YOU GO THAT FOR!?" Demanded the the frothing imp.

"For pulling me by my face through a knothole." Joykill replied.  "And this is for earlier today."

With a wide sweeping motion, the kobold was launched at the far wall of what appeared to be the corridor outside the dining hall, skidding across the engraved flooring before hitting the wall.

"Now we deal with Hug's 'condition'." He said, before scooping up the angry kobold by the collar of his business suit.

A large copper dagger suddenly appeared from a concealed jacket pocket, but the suit was built to withstand for worse forms of laceration, and merely clacked impotently against the ceramic plating.

"This way pest. We have to sever the connection the cats have on hugo's mind."

With a kick on the massively ornate stone door, sending them off their hinges, the pair stormed the dining hall, where all the feral kittens and adult cats were gathering and dispersing, each seeking vermin and susceptible minds to attach to within the fortress when not pathing back here to congregate.

"This has to be done carefully." He said, then opened fire.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: May 14, 2012, 03:56:34 pm »

So, catocide and slayers in the fort...
And I have my firebrand armor and weapons made...
And I just had a reeeeaaaaally bad day...

Zanzetkuken the Great has gone beserk, but will recover when he has killed 100 slayers and 200 cats/kittens!

Note: Firebrand is an alloy created by dragons, with divine intervention, and is 1000x stronger than adamantium.  It basically makes you invincible.  That is why I haven't been in any of the recent conflicts, until now.  It was a bad day.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: May 14, 2012, 04:27:12 pm »

Author's note:

Avoid creating "sue".

All characters should be plausible, and not complete fiction. Ceramic and glass are strong materials in some aspects, but highly fragile in others, for example.

"Super unobtanium mark 9000 super divine combat armor that can survive a black hole" is not.

"Sue" is no fun to play with, and is a total killjoy. That's why nobody likes her. 

And we now return to our feature in progress.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: May 14, 2012, 04:30:10 pm »

For this thead, I'll reduce it to 1.5x adamantium strength.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2824 on: May 14, 2012, 04:31:17 pm »

Zanzetkuken the Great has gone beserk, but will recover when he has killed 100 slayers and 200 cats/kittens!

Note: Firebrand is an alloy created by dragons, with divine intervention, and is 1000x stronger than adamantium.  It basically makes you invincible.  That is why I haven't been in any of the recent conflicts, until now.  It was a bad day.

*Sigh*

You forced me to do it.

I warned you dawg.

Call the Kobolds, we have *Ugh* need of their weapons.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: May 14, 2012, 04:41:18 pm »

*Sigh*

You forced me to do it.

I warned you dawg.

Call the Kobolds, we have *Ugh* need of their weapons.

Don't worry, it is more of a martial trance berserk than a full-out, "I am completely insane" berserk.  Plus, I have already calmed out of it and went back to the citadel.  I just needed to blow some steam off, so I used that post.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:43:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2826 on: May 14, 2012, 04:44:09 pm »

But I already got the dagger...

:[

Also, adamantium.

lolololololololiolli

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: May 14, 2012, 04:45:56 pm »

Careful! You might call another ollifex from the aether!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: May 14, 2012, 04:49:25 pm »

But I already got the dagger...

:[

Also, adamantium.

lolololololololiolli

Steel+Adamantium+Divine Intervention=Firebrand!

Careful! You might call another ollifex from the aether!

Urist has put duct tape over Loud Whispers mouth!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2829 on: May 14, 2012, 04:50:59 pm »

lolololololiolliOLLIOLIOLIOOLOIOILOILOILIOLOIL

You cannot silence the truth!

Adamantium

Oliolllololololooloo

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: May 14, 2012, 04:54:49 pm »

Not helping you this time if you summon him.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: May 14, 2012, 05:03:05 pm »

summon them.
Ftfy

Still not going to!

Wait a sec...

Kasmko O'Jeha was working in his field. This year had been particularly good. All of a sudden, a small, blue ball of light appeared in front of him, quickly gaining a dimension and soon after a second one. The blue, now circle floating in the air was a sight to see, and was growing fast. Upon reaching a size of approximately 12 square meters it's growth stopped. Kasmko slowly approached the blue circle, wondering what it was. As he approached it, a thin black sliver appeared in the middle of it. Kasmko's intrique quickly turned into panic, as a humanoid being three meters tall, wearing armor that looked as if it were made out of living bone emerged from the rift, carrying a large axe. Turning it's burning green eyes to Kasmko, the Spawn of Gbaneg simply said: "YOUR TIME IS UP." Finished with this, it cleaved Kasmko in half. Soon more Spawn emerged from the rift, as well as all the others that had been opening around the continent.

Ollifex and Gbaneg are Eldrazi!

Edit: how will the Twelfth Bay react to an update?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:14:33 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: May 14, 2012, 05:26:00 pm »

Author's note:

Avoid creating "sue".

All characters should be plausible, and not complete fiction. Ceramic and glass are strong materials in some aspects, but highly fragile in others, for example.

"Super unobtanium mark 9000 super divine combat armor that can survive a black hole" is not.

"Sue" is no fun to play with, and is a total killjoy. That's why nobody likes her. (even though everybody wants to fuck her silly)

And we now return to our feature in progress.

This. Exactly this. I have it in the right mind to drop an entire z-level of natural stone on those bloody dragons' childish little heads, citing the fact that a large-scale cave-in solves even those problems that magma cannot. There's a reason I design fortresses with several stories ceiling space between functional sections of fortress nowadays. Never know what you'll want to stuff in between on short notice. It also prevents one cave-in on a given level from taking half the fortress with it...

My current 34.07 fortress on the other hand has a 3-story tall main hallway with an aquifer directly overhead. Kinda the same function, if less effective.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: May 14, 2012, 05:39:36 pm »

What's this?  Someone's been ripping off my designs!  I can tell, because a) I don't recall ever giving Hugo a G-Body, and b) no model as of yet has been less than six feet tall.  This is an outrage!  I'll have to work faster, so I can be first to the mass-production stage.  I just need to work out those hydraulics on the Mk. IV.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 214