Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 433037 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2970 on: May 15, 2012, 07:19:47 pm »

(Clockwork) I prefer to think of it as the Age of !!CHAOS!!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: May 15, 2012, 07:26:11 pm »

So that is where you got the daleks from.

So it looks like I need to:
A)  blow up something at the edge of the bubble (maybe corai, but my guy thinks all the forumites are dead, so that won't work)
or B) make a temporal shift (don't want to go insane, however)

I'll see if I can find something else.

Zanzetkuken enters the only other accessible realm to him, in front of his eyes flash a line of text that says, "Welcome to Argetium Mirrodin NEW PHYREXIA!" Just before he lands on the plane, he speaks a single word, "Carp..."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: May 15, 2012, 07:44:59 pm »

Time-locked, I'm afraid. You'll have to figure out some kind of "DW - End of Time" stunt to get in.

That's an easy one, assuming dragons can travel in time.

See, the space/universe that is inside the timelock needs to experience information from outside, or else the stars wouldn't shine, the planets would fall out of galactic orbit, and a host of other nasty things that the DW writers handwave away "because magic!".

So, to circumvent a timelock, you need:

1) somebody who is willing to travel to the point just before the timelock engages.
2) sit there through the whole ordeal.
3) not be noticed
And
4) walk off with the goods when the fireworks end.

In the case of the whoiverse:

Dr who sends jack harkness, who has never been to gallifrey before, back to gallifrey using his vortex manipulator.

Jack sits around, watching everybody die. Benefit is that he can't die at all.

He swoops in, makes a core dump of the matrix as the citadel falls, then coasts out into the galifrey orbit around that sun, and takes a couple century nap.

The timelock sets a series of events in endless repeat, but the timewar has consequences outside the timewar, so information must also leave.  The timeloop has a lower bound. This means he just has to wait long enough. Gallifrey is rubble. All paths out of time that prevent the destruction are stuck. That's what the timelock does.  Jack isn't trying to stop it. He wants a copy of all the timeord's conciousnesses by dumping the matrix. Totally different. All the timelords die exacty like they are supposed to, and events are unchanged.

But the outcome after the lock is different.  Now you have acme instant timelord (from concentrate.).

The doctor would never allow anyone to do this, for a multitude of reasons. That's why somebody other than the doctor has to do it without his permission, approval, or help. It is the only way to meet the requirements.

In the case of our fortress, the duration of the event is smaller.  Dragon dude just has to chill in "ambush mode" for what, a month or two?

;D

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: May 15, 2012, 07:53:04 pm »

If the whole dimension is locked to both time travel and inter-planar travel, the stars are included inside it.

ZTG would have a hard time getting at any point in this timeline. He himself has lived in here for a while, though, so if he could somehow contact someone else inside here, he would be able to get through, though his army might not. Unfortunately, Corai reports that the comms crystal, which would have been perfect, was exploded.

There is a very obvious way for those inside to open it up, but first they'd have to know it and reach it, which are both somewhat tricky.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:55:17 pm by HugoLuman »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: May 15, 2012, 07:56:22 pm »

Time-locked, I'm afraid. You'll have to figure out some kind of "DW - End of Time" stunt to get in.

That's an easy one, assuming dragons can travel in time.

See, the space/universe that is inside the timelock needs to experience information from outside, or else the stars wouldn't shine, the planets would fall out of galactic orbit, and a host of other nasty things that the DW writers handwave away "because magic!".

So, to circumvent a timelock, you need:

1) somebody who is willing to travel to the point just before the timelock engages.
2) sit there through the whole ordeal.
3) not be noticed
And
4) walk off with the goods when the fireworks end.

In the case of the whoiverse:

Dr who sends jack harkness, who has never been to gallifrey before, back to gallifrey using his vortex manipulator.

Jack sits around, watching everybody die. Benefit is that he can't die at all.

He swoops in, makes a core dump of the matrix as the citadel falls, then coasts out into the galifrey orbit around that sun, and takes a couple century nap.

The timelock sets a series of events in endless repeat, but the timewar has consequences outside the timewar, so information must also leave.  The timeloop has a lower bound. This means he just has to wait long enough. Gallifrey is rubble. All paths out of time that prevent the destruction are stuck. That's what the timelock does.  Jack isn't trying to stop it. He wants a copy of all the timeord's conciousnesses by dumping the matrix. Totally different. All the timelords die exacty like they are supposed to, and events are unchanged.

But the outcome after the lock is different.  Now you have acme instant timelord (from concentrate.).

The doctor would never allow anyone to do this, for a multitude of reasons. That's why somebody other than the doctor has to do it without his permission, approval, or help. It is the only way to meet the requirements.

In the case of our fortress, the duration of the event is smaller.  Dragon dude just has to chill in "ambush mode" for what, a month or two?

;D

However, this goes back to dragons being overpowered, and who is to say the dragon sent back would not be willing to sit around and wait instead of doing something about it.  I don't want to cause a temporal paradox.  No, I'll search for Karn or something else in New Phyrexia.

If the whole dimension is locked to both time travel and inter-planar travel, the stars are included inside it.

ZTG would have a hard time getting at any point in this timeline. He himself has lived in here for a while, though, so if he could somehow contact someone else inside here, he would be able to get through, though his army might not. Unfortunately, Corai reports that the comms crystal, which would have been perfect, was exploded.

The comm crystal would be a viable option.  It would not have exploded, since it is immoveable and indestructable, but it is currently buried in rubble due to Eric Blank collapsing the dining room around it, so it could not be used now, anyway.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: May 15, 2012, 08:04:52 pm »

"Gah.." Says Tath Zagith, "How many of the bastards are left alive?"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:06:25 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: May 15, 2012, 08:05:35 pm »

Well, I didnt miss much while I slept, did I?

Kobolds are running into eachtogher trying not to explode there daleks.

HOW DO I USE THIS THING AGAIN?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: May 15, 2012, 08:07:58 pm »

Well, I have good news and bad news.  The good news is I found Karn, the bad news is that he won't help me. 

Oh well, at least I gained some strength back, and some access to another plane.  Which will it be gents?  Alara, Innistrad, or Zendikar?

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: May 15, 2012, 08:11:29 pm »

(What does each contain?)
*Tath Zagith goes to where the most combat is screaming* "I have to draw more blood the rage HAS NOT BEEN SATED"
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: May 15, 2012, 08:12:51 pm »

The damn shell was hard to use, being designed for use by a thing with several tentacles, as well as seemingly requiring brain uplink for full functionality, but weird wasn't going to risk doing that with a machine that probably had nasty security measures against aliens using it. Besides, it was probably too busted up from being torn in half for everything to work.

Corai flipped a switch at random. A massive beam of energy fired from the left Heavy Cannon, narrowly missing Weird Joykill and exploding a small sandbank utterly. "I'M SORRY!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: May 15, 2012, 08:22:35 pm »

Alara - Progenetus (not sure if I spelled it right) (hope to avoid him, don't want to release a completely unstoppable by anything beast) and Ajani Goldmane (Leonin Planeswalker)
Zendikar - Eldrazi (any greenery you see is trees, not grass)
Innistrad - Avacyn (indestructible angel) and Sorin Markov (Vampire Planeswalker)

Look them up here: www.wizardscupboard.com (use quickfind)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:27:55 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #2981 on: May 15, 2012, 08:40:30 pm »

Kofthefens batters Dalek 492!
Kofthefens has paralyzed Dalek 816!
Dalek 526 has been scared to death by Kofthefens!

Being a sadistic ghost is pretty cool. Gizogin, I think I'll hold off on a mechanized body until this madness is over or you come out with a new version.

I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: May 15, 2012, 08:44:15 pm »

If someone doesn't cast a vote of where I will go, I'm just going to head to Zendikar.

Edit: three minutes remaining for votes...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:54:40 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: May 15, 2012, 08:55:51 pm »

I start babbling backwards in strange tongues, an appeal to the darker powers, heedless of the dangers around me.
The torches dim, and frost starts forming on the ceiling.
Spells and plasma bolts gutter out of existence.
The world starts moving as if underwater.
As long as the chant continues, then magic nor higher technology is functional.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: May 15, 2012, 08:57:22 pm »

I'm going to Zendikar.  Eldrazi will make the perfect weapon.  If I can control one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 214