Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 100170 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 4 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2012, 03:12:38 am »

So.

IronyOwl, did you just:
1) claim to be a werecreature in a game where the enemies are WEREWOLVES;
2) did so immediatly before Toaster got lynched;
3) despite previously softclaiming vig?
And that's not mentioning voting the pretty much guaranteed town ZU.

OB, why did you vote Toaster if you thought he was a survivor?

UI, it's nice to know your goal, but... uh... care to elaborate? Also why did you suddenly decide Toony was obvtown?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 05, 2012, 07:51:21 am »

So.

IronyOwl, did you just:
1) claim to be a werecreature in a game where the enemies are WEREWOLVES;
2) did so immediatly before Toaster got lynched;
3) despite previously softclaiming vig?
And that's not mentioning voting the pretty much guaranteed town ZU.

OB, why did you vote Toaster if you thought he was a survivor?

UI, it's nice to know your goal, but... uh... care to elaborate? Also why did you suddenly decide Toony was obvtown?
I'd like some quotes please. Or at least a few links. I can't accurately judge your argument without seeing the foundation.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2012, 08:05:06 am »

UI, it's nice to know your goal, but... uh... care to elaborate?
As in roleclaim? Not yet. It will come in time, you rolefishing piece of shit~

Also why did you suddenly decide Toony was obvtown?
It wasn't suddenly so much as I agree with his logic in that regard, minus his vote making him confirmed town.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed!
« Reply #348 on: May 05, 2012, 08:37:44 am »

IO claiming werebear literally 9 minutes before day end post:
Anyway, I'm not a vig, I'm a PGO; more specifically a werebear. Don't worry though, because I like you all and want to protect you; that said, anyone coming around my place at night is likely to become bear chow. I didn't want to claim immediately because I wanted ZU's reactions without the benefit of that information.
Vig claim(s):
See above. He's correct that I'm a killer, though.
I'm terrified of vigs. Can we kill IronyOwl now?
This quote above has been edited by IO.
It feels like a scum inspector trying to off a vig, not a town inspector who wants to know why I can kill and what I've been using that for.
ZU was voting IO at the time, so it's pretty obvious whom he is calling the vig.
If you cared about whether I was a vig or wolf, you'd want to know why I hadn't been killing.
More subtle then the other ones, but still present.

Toaster has claimed survivor. That's essentially claiming mafia-ally. Goodbye, Toast.

Fuckit. Urist Imiknorris is a survivor type.
Truth.
Also UI hasn't mentioned Toony being obvtown literally anywhere.

UI:
UI, it's nice to know your goal, but... uh... care to elaborate?
As in roleclaim? Not yet. It will come in time, you rolefishing piece of shit~
Everyone knows for a fact that you've got a survivor goal, so your roleclaim won't change your value to scum. However, if you claim your actions (if any), it may help us identify the scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2012, 09:05:19 am »

IO claiming werebear literally 9 minutes before day end post:
Anyway, I'm not a vig, I'm a PGO; more specifically a werebear. Don't worry though, because I like you all and want to protect you; that said, anyone coming around my place at night is likely to become bear chow. I didn't want to claim immediately because I wanted ZU's reactions without the benefit of that information.
WIFOM. This is inconsequential. If you were a werewolf, would you claim a werecreature?

Vig claim(s):
{Removed for space reasons}
You haven't proven how his softclaiming vig has anything to do with him being scum. You're going to have to give me a good reason why this would make him scum.

Toaster has claimed survivor. That's essentially claiming mafia-ally. Goodbye, Toast.

Fuckit. Urist Imiknorris is a survivor type.
Truth.
Also UI hasn't mentioned Toony being obvtown literally anywhere.
Again, this proves nothing. Your reasoning has thus far gone nowhere.

You cannot simply list things without proving reasons for WHY that makes a person scum. If I don't see why that makes him scum, then you're not really trying. If you provide rationale for why your arguments prove he's scum, then please list them.

HOWEVER. You have stumbled onto one particular clue completely by accident. In the opening pages of the game, Mephensteras clearly says this:
Roles: The available town roles will be known.
Therefore, IronyOwl, having claimed a role other than those listed on the page, cannot be town.

There's more reasoning, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to let Dariush finish his explanations, just in case he's simply kicking dirt around.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 05, 2012, 09:17:08 am »

WIFOM. This is inconsequential. If you were a werewolf, would you claim a werecreature?
No. However, claiming werebear while not being one makes even less sense.

You haven't proven how his softclaiming vig has anything to do with him being scum. You're going to have to give me a good reason why this would make him scum.
Claiming vig doesn't make him scum. Claiming vig, then stalling and claiming PGO, however, does.

You cannot simply list things without proving reasons for WHY that makes a person scum. If I don't see why that makes him scum, then you're not really trying. If you provide rationale for why your arguments prove he's scum, then please list them.
You asked for quotes. I gave you quotes. So far I'm only certain in IO being scum, with explanations above. I'm not yet certain about OB and am certain UI isn't scum, so the respective quotes indeed prove nothing, but instead give a context to what I'm talking about.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 05, 2012, 09:47:56 am »

No. However, claiming werebear while not being one makes even less sense.
The point is that he'd be more likely to claim a werebear if he were an actual werebear, and not while he were a werewolf.

Claiming vig doesn't make him scum. Claiming vig, then stalling and claiming PGO, however, does.
He never claimed vig. He softclaimed it. He was trying to attract someone to kill him, which shows more that he isn't a werewolf.

You asked for quotes. I gave you quotes. So far I'm only certain in IO being scum, with explanations above. I'm not yet certain about OB and am certain UI isn't scum, so the respective quotes indeed prove nothing, but instead give a context to what I'm talking about.
I did ask for quotes. I should have also asked for reasoning. But, the only thing we've established is that IronyOwl is a third party. That hasn't shown anyone is scum yet.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 05, 2012, 11:32:59 am »

The point is that he'd be more likely to claim a werebear if he were an actual werebear, and not while he were a werewolf.
I don't doubt that he's a werebear, I doubt that he's not scum.
He never claimed vig. He softclaimed it. He was trying to attract someone to kill him, which shows more that he isn't a werewolf.
Up till now I was under expression that fakeclaiming (even fakesoftclaiming) as PGO in order to attract kills is a bad idea, since it would also attract protects. Do you not think so?
I did ask for quotes. I should have also asked for reasoning. But, the only thing we've established is that IronyOwl is a third party. That hasn't shown anyone is scum yet.
1) Why do you think he's third party? 2) If you think he's third party, why are you voting him?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 05, 2012, 12:37:03 pm »

Everyone knows for a fact that you've got a survivor goal, so your roleclaim won't change your value to scum. However, if you claim your actions (if any), it may help us identify the scum.
I have no actions. NativeForeigner and I are coven witches. (web: witches = masons)

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 05, 2012, 01:09:26 pm »

I don't doubt that he's a werebear, I doubt that he's not scum.
But your reasoning doesn't show you think he's scum. Why would he claim to be a werebear? The only reason would be if he were not scum. But, that is WIFOM and not really a part of my reasoning.

Up till now I was under expression that fakeclaiming (even fakesoftclaiming) as PGO in order to attract kills is a bad idea, since it would also attract protects. Do you not think so?
Why do you assume he is fakeclaiming PGO? You said he was fakeclaiming Vigilante, and I disagreed. I think he softclaimed Vigilante purposefully to draw a kill toward himself. I never said he was fakeclaiming PGO.

1) Why do you think he's third party? 2) If you think he's third party, why are you voting him?
1. Because it is more likely than him being scum. If he were scum, it is unlikely he would have claimed any sort of were-creature, unless I'm confused and it's possible to have weird combinations of teams here, such as Ghouls and Werewolves and Zombies. I also believe he claimed this after a dead Werewolf popped up, which shows, to me, that he is not... "scum," for lack of a better term.

I may be thinking too much like Paranormal, in which case you may excuse my follies. Though, I'm likely not incorrect.

2. Because he is still not town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 05, 2012, 01:40:53 pm »

I have no actions. NativeForeigner and I are coven witches. (web: witches = masons)
I guess Native should confirm this.  Does this explain both of your lackluster attitudes towards the game?

1. Because it is more likely than him being scum. If he were scum, it is unlikely he would have claimed any sort of were-creature, unless I'm confused and it's possible to have weird combinations of teams here, such as Ghouls and Werewolves and Zombies. I also believe he claimed this after a dead Werewolf popped up, which shows, to me, that he is not... "scum," for lack of a better term.
I may be thinking too much like Paranormal, in which case you may excuse my follies. Though, I'm likely not incorrect.
2. Because he is still not town.
Yeah I agree IronyOwl isn't town, but my vote stays on PM because I think he's scum with a team which takes priority.

And Darvi a question for...oh wait it's the weekend.  Well fuck.  "good player"

He's proudly proclaiming his lurking as a means to ward off attackers, and that's incredibly cowardly and scummy.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 05, 2012, 02:20:24 pm »

Toony:
I guess Native should confirm this.  Does this explain both of your lackluster attitudes towards the game?
On his part, maybe. I had about a semester's worth of work to do in two weeks, followed by finals.

And Darvi a question for...oh wait it's the weekend.  Well fuck.  "good player"
He seems to have fallen off the face of the internet. Last active on Wednesday.

web:
Why do you assume he is fakeclaiming PGO? You said he was fakeclaiming Vigilante, and I disagreed. I think he softclaimed Vigilante purposefully to draw a kill toward himself. I never said he was fakeclaiming PGO.
So using your logic, that Irony softclaimed Vig to draw a kill, why would he claim PGO before anyone had a chance to kill him?

And Irony, why did you spend all of yesterday hinting that you were a vig only to claim PGO right before day end?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 4 [2 REPLACEMENTS NEEDED]
« Reply #357 on: May 05, 2012, 02:30:10 pm »

I hate you all for lynching Toaster.

Reading over Day 3 now I'm still saying Powder Miner, Darvi, and IronyOwl need to die, now.

PM was the last vote for the Day 2 and Day 3 lynches, and his reasonings were
half-assed and stupid as shit.
ToonyMan: Dariush, Orangebottle, Powder Miner
Toaster: Dariush, Orangebottle, Powder Miner

Look at this crap!
Wow, it's almost s if I checked the thread slightly later in the early rounds of voting! And also please explain how my reasons were
half-assed and stupid as shit.
. I did royally screw up with TOaster, but you were scummy, so you died, I'm sorry if you're still mad.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 05, 2012, 02:32:23 pm »

That's all?  Anything else to say besides defending your scummy ass?

I do not need to explain the amount of effort I put into explaining Day 2 so no.
And Toaster was obviously what he fucking claimed and planned to help town.  You royally screwed up with both because you're freakin' scum.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 05, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »

Your explaining was straight up WIFOM and evenw hen pointed out you just kept screaming it and screaming it. So you got lynched. I'm sorry. And Toaster was not "Obviously what he claimed". "Lone Vampire" Isn't exactly a smart or angel-looking claim to pull out of nowhere, is it? And you're acting like I was the only one to lynch you and Toaster, the same logic that got you lynched with your "Hurr I are town's hero" on Day 2. You say I was the last vote but it wasn't a last hour vote, or a hammer or anything. There was quite a bit of time after I voted both times until the lynch happened.

Now I've got a question for you. How did you get revived? Toaster got revived as a Lone Vampire and I don't even know how what was your flavor?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32