Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 99927 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 4 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #360 on: May 05, 2012, 02:46:49 pm »

web:
So using your logic, that Irony softclaimed Vig to draw a kill, why would he claim PGO before anyone had a chance to kill him?
Err... Not a clue. My bad. My interpretation doesn't make sense unless there was a night in between. I'll wait for an answer from IronyOwl before I put words into his mouth.

"Lone Vampire" Isn't exactly a smart or angel-looking claim to pull out of nowhere, is it?
If it's too scummy to claim, it's usually true. So, I don't understand why you don't believe Toaster was what he claimed.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 05, 2012, 03:00:44 pm »

Because he had revived and changed roles into a vampire. That made me suspicious, as vampires usually are enemies (and have been enemies before in Supernatural).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 05, 2012, 03:25:40 pm »

And you're acting like I was the only one to lynch you and Toaster, the same logic that got you lynched with your "Hurr I are town's hero" on Day 2.
Bullshit.  You're afraid that I'm pointing out your mistakes and trying to point it on other people who bandwagoned with you.

You say I was the last vote but it wasn't a last hour vote, or a hammer or anything. There was quite a bit of time after I voted both times until the lynch happened.
So?  "Last vote" and "last hour vote" are completely different.  What I did Day 1 was a "last hour vote" while yours always haven't been (as you say yourself).  What you're saying here is that what I did was right and what you did was the complete opposite.  And since I'm town you're scum.

Now I've got a question for you. How did you get revived? Toaster got revived as a Lone Vampire and I don't even know how what was your flavor?
I don't know who or how I was revived.  In the flavor it says my soul was floating in the afterlife uncaring when a got a pulling sensation on my chest as my soul returned to my body.  I didn't even expect to return playing into this game. :P  My role and everything are still the same it says.

Because he had revived and changed roles into a vampire. That made me suspicious, as vampires usually are enemies (and have been enemies before in Supernatural).
The scum team are clearly wolves though.  So at worst he was a SK instead of a survivor but he had already outed himself anyway.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 4
« Reply #363 on: May 05, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Darvi: IronyOwl
IronyOwl: Dariush
Jokerman-EXE: Urist Imiknorris
Powder Miner: ToonyMan

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 05, 2012, 03:43:57 pm »

You say I was the last vote but it wasn't a last hour vote, or a hammer or anything. There was quite a bit of time after I voted both times until the lynch happened.
So?  "Last vote" and "last hour vote" are completely different.  What I did Day 1 was a "last hour vote" while yours always haven't been (as you say yourself).  What you're saying here is that what I did was right and what you did was the complete opposite.  And since I'm town you're scum.
...So you're saying it's scummy not to have a last minute vote change? ...That argument is stupid. Mind-numbingly stupid. Especilly because not only did I not say that it was right to have a last-hour vote the entire point of that was to say otherwise and I wasn't even aware you did have one and are you honestly trying to say that me not using a last-minute vote switch makes me scum what is this
Quote from: Toonyman
And because I'm town you're scum
...That argument is stupid. Mind-numbingly stupid. Your being "confirmed" (incredibly likely but not 100% confirmed I will point out, Toaster did change into a third party) town automatically makes you an investigative role and completely knowledgable of the scum ...how?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 05, 2012, 06:31:49 pm »

IronyOwl.
I'm voting Darvi partially on Toaster's word, partially because he's been fairly useless and opaque otherwise, and partially because I'm dubious of there really being three priests.
This vote has very little in the way of actual justification. You're voting him because Toaster said so(which is incredibly lazy), because he's been acting as his meta says he should be if he were town, and because you don't think there could be three priests. Oh, but wait, there could be any number of roles in the game. Removing priests isn't the only way that Meph could balance them; they could be impious(as evidenced by Toaster's botched ressurection).

Dariush:
OB, why did you vote Toaster if you thought he was a survivor?
Because I didn't want him getting anywhere near LYLO. Survivors near LYLO are dangerous, as are SKs(which is what I thought he was before he flipped).

Native:
I have no actions. NativeForeigner and I are coven witches. (web: witches = masons)
Care to confirm?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 05, 2012, 06:37:04 pm »

I have no actions. NativeForeigner and I are coven witches. (web: witches = masons)
Care to confirm?

Tis true.

PFP
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 05, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »

@Powder Miner:
Who do you think are scum?  It's pretty late in the game now.  Not going to try to argue with you because you're a moron and I've already confirmed this Day 2.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 05, 2012, 07:41:04 pm »

I'm arguing about the actual role. You're arguing about the alignment. It doesn't really matter to me, because that makes sense.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 05, 2012, 10:15:29 pm »

Jokerman:
If the scumteam is wolves, then wouldn't a killer subtype be something like a Vigilante? I would think that the wolves would be changer, wouldn't it?
Supernatural 1. You were a wolf. Do you not remember being a killer then? You know, having a factional kill, and most definitely not being a cult? Nice attempt to sow confusion though.

PFP, more tomorrow. Midterms argh.
This never happened. Why not.

1. Well, now I remember that. That was a while ago, and my games tend to get mixed up. Especially the ones with a closed setup...?

2. I didn't have time. Sorry.

I'm very interested in IronyOwl's answers to the questions posed to him about his roleclaim.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 05, 2012, 10:40:22 pm »

I'm very interested in IronyOwl's answers to the questions posed to him about his roleclaim.

Nothing new to add at all?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 05, 2012, 11:16:49 pm »

Dariush:
So.

IronyOwl, did you just:
1) claim to be a werecreature in a game where the enemies are WEREWOLVES;
Yes. Do you have a point here?

2) did so immediatly before Toaster got lynched;
If you wanted me to claim earlier you should have voted to extend. Or at least made it clear that you weren't going to, in a pinch. I was all in favor of giving everyone time to properly assess my claim (as well as other things), but aside from Native I was apparently the only one.

3) despite previously softclaiming vig?
There really wasn't any other way to do it without looking awkward or claiming straight up. It was more intended to be an example than a literal claim, though.

And that's not mentioning voting the pretty much guaranteed town ZU.
I have no idea what you're talking about. How was ZU guaranteed town?

Up till now I was under expression that fakeclaiming (even fakesoftclaiming) as PGO in order to attract kills is a bad idea, since it would also attract protects. Do you not think so?
And which of these do you think is more common?

Furthermore, if this was my plan why would I switch to PGO, ie the exact opposite for both goals, at the last minute?

webadict:
HOWEVER. You have stumbled onto one particular clue completely by accident. In the opening pages of the game, Mephensteras clearly says this:
Roles: The available town roles will be known.
Therefore, IronyOwl, having claimed a role other than those listed on the page, cannot be town.

There's more reasoning, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to let Dariush finish his explanations, just in case he's simply kicking dirt around.
Yeah, I thought that was odd too. You'll notice Fortune Teller (Toaster's old role) isn't on that list either, so either it's out of date, covers broad archetypes rather than specific rolenames, or there's some strange alignment/role change condition for at least two players. I could potentially see something like that for me, but I don't see how it'd apply to a Fortune Teller, and simply being similar enough to the scumteam to be alarming sounds like a more likely catch regardless.

He never claimed vig. He softclaimed it. He was trying to attract someone to kill him, which shows more that he isn't a werewolf.
If only. Alas, the lack of a kill two nights in a row was too important to leave unexplained.

Imiknorris and Native:
You know for a fact that you're both Town, then?

Orangebottle:
This vote has very little in the way of actual justification. You're voting him because Toaster said so(which is incredibly lazy), because he's been acting as his meta says he should be if he were town, and because you don't think there could be three priests. Oh, but wait, there could be any number of roles in the game. Removing priests isn't the only way that Meph could balance them; they could be impious(as evidenced by Toaster's botched ressurection).
I'm voting him because Toaster's logic started to seem more plausible, not because I'm blindly obeying Toaster. Perhaps that was worded poorly.

I'd also like more information out of him, because I don't have much yet. Do you object to me voting Darvi in an attempt to scumhunt him? What would be an acceptable reason to vote Darvi to you?

Finally, I never said three priests was impossible. I said I was dubious of it, and would like his opinion on it. Do you think fakeclaiming scum taking credit for a priest rez is impossible? Which do you think is more likely- three priests or fakeclaiming scum taking credit for a slain one?

And speaking of low-justification votes, nice bandwagon chainsaw of Darvi.

Because I didn't want him getting anywhere near LYLO. Survivors near LYLO are dangerous, as are SKs(which is what I thought he was before he flipped).
He was an outed "SK" claiming to be willing to work for town. What about a puppet vig was so dangerous that he had to be dealt with on Day 2 to prevent him reaching LYLO? Didn't you have any better targets? Did you have any other targets at all?

Powder Miner, I don't like people who ignore my questions. I still want your reasoning on Toaster, and I especially want to know why you didn't extend.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 05, 2012, 11:21:41 pm »

Oh yes, and:

Which ones and why?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 06, 2012, 12:14:52 am »

Imiknorris and Native:
You know for a fact that you're both Town, then?
It was never explicitly stated, but unless there's a cult I'm about 99% certain. I've asked Meph just to be sure.

Yeah, I thought that was odd too. You'll notice Fortune Teller (Toaster's old role) isn't on that list either, so either it's out of date, covers broad archetypes rather than specific rolenames, or there's some strange alignment/role change condition for at least two players. I could potentially see something like that for me, but I don't see how it'd apply to a Fortune Teller, and simply being similar enough to the scumteam to be alarming sounds like a more likely catch regardless.
Fortune Tellers are listed under Mystics. Also, zombie urist was the fortune teller. Toaster was a Monster Hunter.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 06, 2012, 12:29:41 am »

Fortune Tellers are listed under Mystics. Also, zombie urist was the fortune teller. Toaster was a Monster Hunter.
Huh, guess I'm alone then.

Also derp.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32