Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 240216 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #555 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:11 pm »

"I'll get you yet!"

Fire the Bom-omb, Aggresive driving.

Do you mean "drop the Bob-omb on the course behind you," or "throw the Bob-omb forward at Player X?" Note you can't aim at the player immediately ahead of you- they're too close.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 05, 2012, 09:52:46 pm »

Fire it forwards. Guess the target is easy to guess there :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 05, 2012, 09:55:11 pm »

"Graah! Again with this princess! Freaking drivers now a day don't know slower vehicles need to stay on the right."Use mushroom and draft, if somehow pass both zelda and vaati, and have enough juice to pull ahead, go inside.  -EDIT- Maybe its a bit to soon for suicidal spite.... Action changed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:18:43 pm by Dirg »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 05, 2012, 10:16:43 pm »

Take Shortcut

and...Drive Defensively?

Shy Guy looked around. The scenery was beautiful! Beautiful enough to notice a wonderful bridge looming ahead!

Shy Guy's position was far ahead of the rest, Shy Guy had to maintain it. There were so many possibilities...

"Don't pass me, okay?"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:20:04 pm by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 05, 2012, 10:47:28 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 05, 2012, 10:48:38 pm »

Bill watched the race intently, with fire in his eyes. He would make it next time. He would learn about his opponents, and he would win.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 05, 2012, 11:19:15 pm »

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 05, 2012, 11:35:25 pm »

I lol'd.

That reminds me, your avatar reminded me to check thepunchlineismachismo. That's a great webcomic.   :D

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 05, 2012, 11:37:58 pm »

"Ahahaha!  I fly like the wind!  ...Curses!  She's found herself a bomb!"
Drive defensively.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 06, 2012, 03:43:57 am »

OOOOOKKK!

MonkeyKong was angry now - yelling in rage he pounded the wheel of his kart and jumped around like.... well, an angry ape I suppose. There was ittle point in paying it safe, and there was no-one near enough to ram, so DRIVE AGGRESSIVELY looking desperatley for an item box.
This is a blank sig.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 06, 2012, 03:54:04 am »

Use the mushroom, and drive aggressively

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 06, 2012, 11:32:24 am »

Cerulean Speedway- Turn Three

1st      2nd      3rd      4th      5th     6th
Action Phase

Take Shortcut

and...Drive Defensively?

Shy Guy looked around. The scenery was beautiful! Beautiful enough to notice a wonderful bridge looming ahead!

Shy Guy's position was far ahead of the rest, Shy Guy had to maintain it. There were so many possibilities...

"Don't pass me, okay?"

Shy Guy is way out in front, passing in front of Bill's Seaside Cottage! He elects to drive defensively toward the bridge, planning to extend his lead!

"Ahahaha!  I fly like the wind!  ...Curses!  She's found herself a bomb!"
Drive defensively.

Vaati drives defensively through the forest on Route 25, conserving his Momentum for a later push!

"I'll get you yet!"

Fire the Bom-omb, Aggresive driving.

Zelda launches the Bob-omb forward- unfortunately, she can't throw it far enough to reach into other segments! It bounces along the ground before Vaati, primed and ready to explode! The Princess drives aggressively, [4] picking up ONE Momentum and taking a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks!

Use mushroom and draft, if somehow pass both zelda and vaati, and have enough juice to pull ahead, go inside.

Dry Bones pounds his dashboard as Zelda cuts him off!

"Graah! Again with this princess! Freaking drivers now a day don't know slower vehicles need to stay on the right."

He activates the Mushroom, bursting ahead with TWO Momentum! He attempts to pass Zelda, [6]+6vs[5]+3 and while the Princess tries to impede his progress DB is wise to her moves- when she cuts outside to block, he cuts in to pass! He loses ONE Momentum as he begins drafting behind Vaati, looking for an opening! [3]+5vs[3]+4+1 The Great Wind Mage is saved by his caution- seeing Dry Bones coming up in his rearview, he quickly blocks the skeletal Koopa's racing line!

Use the mushroom, and drive aggressively

Boss Form Amadeus finds himself falling behind- unacceptable! He activates his Mushroom, gaining TWO Momentum and moving to pass Zelda! [2]+3vs[3]+3 Unfortunately, even his mushroom-enhanced speed isn't enough to close the gap! He drives furiously to overtake the Princess, [6] gaining THREE Momentum and a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks!

OOOOOKKK!

MonkeyKong was angry now - yelling in rage he pounded the wheel of his kart and jumped around like.... well, an angry ape I suppose. There was ittle point in paying it safe, and there was no-one near enough to ram, so DRIVE AGGRESSIVELY looking desperatley for an item box.

Enough monkey business- it's time to get down to racing! [5] MonkeyKong takes an aggressive line through the dense forest, gaining TWO Momentum and a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks!

Movement Phase

Shy Guy drives defensively across the bridge over the Goldeen-filled pond! He gains TWO Momentum as a playful fish Guns Water at him, [1]+1+1 and the blast of water sends him flipping! He loses TWO Momentum as he tumbles toward the edge of the bridge, [3]+2+1 but he regains control of his Kart in time to course correct, zooming off toward the BLUE home stretch!

Back in PURPLE, Vaati is driving defensively as he swerves around trees and shrubs! Suddenly, as he hops over a fallen log he comes face to face with Zelda's thrown Bob-omb! [2]+1+1 Reacting quickly, he jerks away from the explosive, pulling away from the blast radius and barreling through a particularly dense patch of overgrowth! [3]+1+1 His caution pays off as he easily avoids the troublesome foliage!

Dry Bones follows Vaati through the Route 25 forest. Rounding a tree, he is greeted by the sight of the Wind Mage skirting away from an explosion- an explosion DB is now driving into! [4]+1 He dodges the blast radius, [5]+1 plowing through a shrubbery before finding himself back on the main trail! He's coming up fast on Vaati, [4]+5vs[5]+4+1 but the savvy sorcerer once again blocks Dry Bones' charge!

Zelda zips through the forest, [1]+1-1 before a knotty cluster of roots sends her flipping! She loses TWO Momentum as she skids through the dense vegetation, before finally breaking free onto the main trail!

Boss Form Amadeus roars through the forest, [1]+1-1 before crashing into a tree! The violent collision sends him flipping, losing TWO Momentum! Even as he hurtles forward, however, he still has the Momentum to try and pass Princess Zelda! [5]+4vs[5]+1 Zelda is tied up in the vines and shrubs of the forest, and is helpless to stop Amadeus as he takes Fourth Place, losing ONE Momentum!

MonkeyKong [5]+1-1 is quite comfortable in the forest, easily hopping logs and banking off hillocks! He finds Zelda in quite some distress [2]+2vs[6]+1 directly in his path! He is forced to cut the long way around a tree, unable to pass the Princess!

Cleanup Phase

Vaati [1]+1 finds no Item boxes on his forest path.

Dry Bones [2]-1 also finds no Item Boxes as he ducks away from the explosion.

Boss Form Amadeus [3]-1 sees an Item Box off in the forest, but he's too far away to try and get it!

Princess Zelda [5]-1 finds an Item Box nestled in the clump of bushes she falls in! [2]+4+1 She receives a Mushroom!

MonkeyKong [2]-1 is quite disappointed when Zelda nabs the only Item Box he could see- the next path has quite a few Items readily available, though! But, are they worth more than the potential Momentum gain?

LEADERBOARD

Spoiler: Vaati (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MonkeyKong (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Boss Form Amadeus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zelda (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dry Bones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shy Guy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Course Info (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 06, 2012, 11:47:26 am »

Take the shortcut, use the mushroom once the bridge has been crossed.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 06, 2012, 11:52:41 am »

Drive defensively along the bridge!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 06, 2012, 12:03:32 pm »

Still red and full of anger (OOOOOOOOOOOK!), MonkeyKong keeps his foot pressed firmly to the floor. He would kill for a banana, and like all apes did not fancy the water very much... if he got this right, he could pass that funny looking lady in front of him... Powerslide around the wide curve, hoping to get a banana an item box
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 73