Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 240967 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #690 on: June 25, 2012, 01:54:53 pm »

Following the race, MonkeyKong popped his kart up on some rocks in a clearing near the racecourse, and had a look at the damage. Being an Ape he had little to no chance at working this out, but hitting bits of it with a rock and then jamming bananas into vents and exhausts was quite entertaining. He tried to put the frustrations at his incredibly bad luck which occured just as he got a run on the leaders behind him and curled up for a nap in the sun.
This is a blank sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 25, 2012, 02:26:49 pm »

I'm still interested in trading off my [High Acceleration, Sticky Wheel] module for something comparable, or a Coin offer from someone who wants HA but not some awful hiccup like Slow.

Crank shuffles out of the stands.  So that'll be the final match up, will it?  Next week will be quite the race, and it'll set the standard for the future of all their careers.  The winner will be propelled to superstardom, while the loser will be mocked and questioned if he/she should have been there in the first place...

"Let's do this."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 25, 2012, 02:29:51 pm »

I'm still interested in trading off my [High Acceleration, Sticky Wheel] module for something comparable, or a Coin offer from someone who wants HA but not some awful hiccup like Slow.
Want to trade for my High Acceleration/Featherweight module?  Hopefully the Sticky Wheel from your module and my kart hiccup won't stack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 25, 2012, 02:47:14 pm »

Want to trade for my High Acceleration/Featherweight module?  Hopefully the Sticky Wheel from your module and my kart hiccup won't stack.

Before I say yes, Monk:  Is Highly Maneuverable (+1 agg driving) intentionally gone from the module list?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 25, 2012, 06:37:09 pm »

For Driver of the Week, I'm going for Dirg(Dry Bones) and his journey inspired drive of victory.

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 25, 2012, 07:31:58 pm »

Racer: Conker
Module: None

Just wanted to wait until after the race to sign up. Also I'm voting Dirg for Driver of the Week.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 26, 2012, 06:44:36 am »

(((I don't see any poll?)))

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 26, 2012, 10:26:24 am »

The CEO approached Luigi as he was working on his kart. "I understand you are looking for a compensator module. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed you didn't approach us first. Your status as our top driver allows me to offer you any module at a discount. That said, I can provide you a compensator for 1 coin." He pauses, smiles a bit and continues. "Or maybe you'd be interested in a shiny new nitrous for 2 coins?"

((basically, I'll split the cost of the modules with you. You get any one module you want for 33% cost))
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 26, 2012, 05:07:16 pm »

((Wow, Silph Co for best sponsor. You can bet I'll take advantage of that offer, but before I choose I'd like some news on the course layout for the star cup, since a nitrous module won't help if there's constant penalties to power sliding.))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 26, 2012, 05:45:09 pm »

Man! I got one-upped by Dirg. That's what I get for finishing last :P

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 26, 2012, 10:24:15 pm »

Racer: Conker
Module: None

Just wanted to wait until after the race to sign up. Also I'm voting Dirg for Driver of the Week.

Welcome to the lists, you'll be in the first race of next season (which isn't all that far off now, is it?)

For Driver of the Week, I'm going for Dirg(Dry Bones) and his journey inspired drive of victory.
(((I don't see any poll?)))

I don't fart with an actual poll- if people care enough to vote, they can darn well post in the thread. At the moment, 2 votes for Dirg.

Before I say yes, Monk:  Is Highly Maneuverable (+1 agg driving) intentionally gone from the module list?

It is indeed, as experience has shown that it would be waaay too good. That said, I'm in the process of making some new higher-end Modules now that I've got experience with how races flow, so I've got some ideas.

Oh, and Kart Damage and Module Hiccup do not stack. This also applies to potential situations with multiple modules and the like.

The CEO approached Luigi as he was working on his kart. "I understand you are looking for a compensator module. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed you didn't approach us first. Your status as our top driver allows me to offer you any module at a discount. That said, I can provide you a compensator for 1 coin." He pauses, smiles a bit and continues. "Or maybe you'd be interested in a shiny new nitrous for 2 coins?"

((basically, I'll split the cost of the modules with you. You get any one module you want for 33% cost))

Note that I'll be treating this like an instance of the Pay Driver action- I'm gonna rule that since this was your idea, the Relationship hit is halved (due to some basic confidence in your decision-making abilities) but if Luigi doesn't place highly the Silph Board of Directors will have pointed words for you.

((Wow, Silph Co for best sponsor. You can bet I'll take advantage of that offer, but before I choose I'd like some news on the course layout for the star cup, since a nitrous module won't help if there's constant penalties to power sliding.))

Current to-do list for tomorrow: finalize Rainbow Road so people can plan around it, finalize new Modules, process unresolved Sponsor actions and random events. Some contract offers have been sent out, so hopefully we'll have some news on MSN tomorrow too. See you then, cats and kittens!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 26, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »

Remalle:  Going to wait until I see new content (and the track) before I decide on your offer.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 26, 2012, 10:59:50 pm »

Of the six that ran in Yoshi Falls,
two have won, and lessened their load.
Yet Shy Guy was impressed, by the losers, instead;
he cast his vote for Counselor Grimtoad!

^^

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 26, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »

What, do we have something about voting for the losers? I'd keep my vote on Star Fox.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:16 am »

Argh- in a rush, so I'll just note that the new Modules (and some new hiccups) are in the OP; hopefully we'll get a proper update soon here. As far as the course goes, it isn't going to be Luigi Circuit levels of Powerslidy goodness, but it will be more + and = than -
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73