Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress localization patch  (Read 105004 times)

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My projects on the Github
Re: Dwarf Fortress localization patch
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2016, 12:49:10 am »

I translated the plain-text with the @TioFauna app but have been having problems running the game, it gets stuck when loading the saved game. I discovered that it is this file, any idea what the problem might be?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8b47oDt3w8kZUR3R2tDTjhtSXM
You mean if the file is not translated the game runs normally?
I will investigate the problem later.

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2016, 07:57:25 am »

Yes, if you use the original file, it runs without problem. Its strange, since of all the plain text files, only with this I have problems, so I do not think the problem is in the app. Thanks for you time @insolor. Regards :D

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2016, 08:56:07 am »

Yes, if you use the original file, it runs without problem. Its strange, since of all the plain text files, only with this I have problems, so I do not think the problem is in the app. Thanks for you time @insolor. Regards :D
Are you using translated exe file? Try running original exe, and check if it runs normally. Probably there is some bug in translated exe.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2016, 10:28:03 am »

I tried the script po2csv.py, but it didn't output anything but an empty csv file (0kb).
So do I really need to get python 3.4 (currently I have python 3.5)?

Edit*
Never mind, I made a silly mistake. :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:34:07 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2016, 01:10:07 am »

Are you using translated exe file? Try running original exe, and check if it runs normally. Probably there is some bug in translated exe.

Its the same thing with the original .exe .. Remember that this is related to the translation of text files (made by @TioFuna), not with the translation of the executable (made by @insolor)

But I need to correct me, this is the "bug" file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8b47oDt3w8kTGpaRm9QMHdmTzg

I think it is due to some sign or symbol in the file that can not be recognized

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2016, 01:28:35 am »

Its the same thing with the original .exe .. Remember that this is related to the translation of text files (made by @TioFuna), not with the translation of the executable (made by @insolor)

Ok, I will test it

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2016, 02:53:39 pm »

Probably the problem appears because there CVCT_TARGET tag required instead of SYN_NAME in some places. See, original file to the right, translated file to the left:

After I replaced SYN_NAME with CVCT_TARGET in such places, the game seems to be working fine.

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2016, 09:36:29 pm »

Probably the problem appears because there CVCT_TARGET tag required instead of SYN_NAME in some places. See, original file to the right, translated file to the left:

After I replaced SYN_NAME with CVCT_TARGET in such places, the game seems to be working fine.

Thank you very much man! The truth is that you are a f*** genius, I still cant fully understand how that "files" work .. how did you find the discrepancy? with what soft?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2016, 11:44:02 pm »

errorlog.txt ought to catch that, since SYN_NAME is not a valid creature or creature variation token

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2016, 06:06:11 am »

I still cant fully understand how that "files" work .. how did you find the discrepancy? with what soft?

1 - I tried to run the game with the file you supplied. It hangs on loading of creatures.
2 - I compared original and translated files with comparation tool built-in into Total Commander.
3 - Step by step I reverted changes and tried to run game until it runs normally.

When I found the first CVCT_TARGET/SYN_NAME discrepancy, I tried to revert changes in all similar places.

errorlog.txt doesn't help much, in this case it only complains about "ENT... INP..._BODY: Did not find plural token following NAME".

I don't know how raw files work well, but in this case:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:GILA_MONSTER_MAN] - create new creature class
[COPY_TAGS_FROM:GILA_MONSTER] - copy (inherit) all properties from the GILA_MONSTER creature class
[CV_CONVERT_TAG] - convert (repalce) some properties
[CVCT_MASTER:STATE_NAME] - in which tag
[CVCT_TARGET:gila monster] - which text to replace
[CVCT_REPLACEMENT:gila monster man] - which text must be inserted as a replacement
... - the same for other "CV_CONVERT_TAG" blocks

What it does, it replaces "gila monster" with "gila monster man" in such places:

[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen gila monster venom]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:gila monster venom]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling gila monster venom]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 06:21:51 am by insolor »

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2016, 01:02:57 am »

BTW, I am too lazy to add it to the instruction, but you can use script translate_raws.py from df-gettext-toolkit to translate files in the DF\raw\objects.

Example of usage:
python for_translation_dwarf-fortress_raw-objects_ru.po c:\path\to\DF\raw\objects\ cp1251
(of course you need to use actual filename, path and encoding)

It makes backups for all files it translates. If there are existing backup files, it tries to translate backup files and replaces .txt files.

There also are scripts for all the other files (eg. raw\objects\text\*, data\speech\* etc.), but I see in some of them hardcoded cp1251 encoding, so I need to fix them before I update instructions.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:57:52 am by insolor »

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2016, 07:45:09 am »

Thank you very much for the info, I didnt know the TotalComander tool as well as your scrip (I dont dig enough hehe). Could that be what @TioFauna used?
Also, some idea of if with that same script one could translate the plain-texts of DF\data\(uncompressed)?
And since we are, although I dont know Russian grammar, I suppose it doesnt look very much like English, did you do something about it? Or for the moment only make a "literal" translation?

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2016, 08:02:51 am »

Thank you very much for the info, I didnt know the TotalComander tool as well as your scrip (I dont dig enough hehe). Could that be what @TioFauna used?
Also, some idea of if with that same script one could translate the plain-texts of DF\data\(uncompressed)?
And since we are, although I dont know Russian grammar, I suppose it doesnt look very much like English, did you do something about it? Or for the moment only make a "literal" translation?

To unpack/pack compressed files we use a script decode_raw_dwarf_fortress.py. It is a Python version of analogous script in Perl, which was once posted in this thread. To translate unpacked files there is translate_plain_text.py script in the df-gettext-toolkit repo.

Also there is translate_raws_batch.py script which tries to translate all text files (including uncompressed ones) in the given directory. It works recursively, and can handle such packs as LNP (ie. it translates all included graphical packs at once).

As for grammar: there is another tool - a proxy dll, which intercepts text, which DF passes to SDL_ttf.dll, changes it in some way, and passes it to the SDL_ttf.dll. I posted info about it in this thread earlier: changetext

> Could that be what @TioFauna used?
I don't know for sure. If I recall correctly, TioFauna tries to make his own version of toolkit in Java.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:12:46 am by insolor »

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2017, 07:24:17 am »

Would it be possible to make an "interface" that allows the translation to be more intuitive? And why not, to unify the whole process? As for the "proxy-dll", any guide that you can give me? so that I can make one of Spanish. Thanks

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2017, 04:19:33 am »

Would it be possible to make an "interface" that allows the translation to be more intuitive? And why not, to unify the whole process?

I'm working on it

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to show/hide)

I'll try to complete it next week. Fortunately, we have 4 days off that week because of Defender of the Fatherland Day (Feb, 23) in Russia.

As for the "proxy-dll", any guide that you can give me? so that I can make one of Spanish. Thanks

I've just found out that in the ChangeTextPy.7z located at https://bitbucket.org/dfint/changetextpy/downloads there is ChangeText.dll which depends on python33.dll, but there is python34.dll instead in the package. I'll fix the package and add some guide how to use it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:58:09 am by insolor »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17