Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The poll

has been eateded
by them elephants v:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Space Mecha Turn Based Game OOC Thread!  (Read 6489 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Space Mecha Turn Based Game OOC Thread!
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:08:55 am »

Thread for various OOC talkings.

From now on, post only IC posts and mission turns' posts in the game thread. Everything else (questions, suggestions, game applications) should be posted here instead :)

Also, for the start of the thread - a poll!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:32:28 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Mecha Turn Based Game OOC Thread!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:09:47 am »

Fair enough. And BRING ON THE DAKKA.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 08:12:51 am »

I'm thinking of new weapons and suits all the time.

It's hard to provide neat guns whilst still maintaining Tsuan technological superiority :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 08:18:07 am »

The obvious answer.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 08:26:41 am »

For Tsuchi!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 08:40:52 am »

What is the pink box?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:41:38 am »

What is the pink box?
Pink box?

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 11:32:40 am »

What is the pink box?
If you refer to the picture, it is a Warhammer 40K ork with a really big shoota. They are the origin of the term "(more) dakka."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:36:09 am by Blizzlord »
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »

I can help with making new suit ideas and weapons and whatever, I have literal notebooks filled with mech game ideas.

If nothing else, I can name something?

Note that whatever I post is just a guide- something that obviously has too much dakka to be given to newbs should be toned down.

I are suck at balance.

In fact, I'm going to start throwing ideas in this spoilerbox and tell you whenever something significant goes in

Also note that in the descriptions, most reference a "strange engineer". That's my little monkier.

[NO PORT] means nothing can be equipped there.

[LOCK] means a part cannot be switched.

[DUALTYPE] is a two-weapon-in-one deal, but these are rare and often a useless compromise. unless it's the Grind Lance...

[STAGGER],[KNOCKBACK],[SCRAMBLER], and others to be listed here are Status Effects. They are described, but may later show the tag and a activation percent- the first few times this is seen it's written out. All of them are -fairly- easy to track, like Stagger which reduces an enemy affected to only be able to use one weapon, no move. Knockback will send an opponent flying a number of spaces, Scrambler can stop enemies from using weaponry, etc. They all last one turn, so nothing overlaps too bad.

Note for total gen capacity i am using (shield total x2 + 1/4th Shield Total)

I'm also hoping formulae I write are understandable...

Spoiler: Tsuchi's Toybox (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tsuchi's Packin' Heat (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:10:46 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 09:03:12 pm »

One idea would be to have long-range mechs with devices to recharge energy, say, at the cost of doing nothing else, and dropping their shields, because recharging energy seems like a big no-no in the current system, and devices to minimise hull damage, maybe halving hull damage and doubling shield damage, because there is nobody to repair you out there...

P.S.
I meant the pink box on the game map, it starts at about 11 and ends at the bottom of the map. I would guess that it is where the ship's guns can fire but...

P.P.S.
 When does the waiting list advance?

P.P.P.S.
 What are the conditions on the ship like? Does everyone carry weapons everywhere? Is the food rationed and arbitrary? Do you have to duck when going through doors? Do you have to constantly open and close heavy hatches? Are private quarters shared? cramped? exchanged between shifts? Can you see outside? Is gravity consistent? Are the walls dull metal? shiny metal? beige? covered in advertisements? covered in graffiti? covered in propaganda? pitch black? blinding white? a single mural contributed to by everyone on the ship? Is it brightly-lit? red-lit? automatically lit based upon motion? Are there power-fluctuations? Do the engineers hate the pilots who hate the cleaners who hate the cooks who hate the quarter-masters who hate everyone?

P.P.P.P.S.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:36:31 am by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 05:53:58 am »

I will take all these into considerations. These ideas will be helpful when I will be tinkering around :)

PS: It is Cruiser's artillery target range. It is there all the time, but as the ship moved closer toward the asteroid field, so does it's cannons' range.

PPS: During Intermissions, when it is storyline-and-logically possible. The other Cruiser that helped Scylla during bombardment few turns ago has several pilots and suits on board as all other... *wink wink, nudge nudge*

PPPS: They are fairly comfortable and basically think of cruisers like big city-fort-things floating in space. Weapons are given out only during danger of boarding. Food in general is plentiful on board, but there's not much of things to choose from, mostly basic and simple meals and provisions. Not really - neither side has means to perform artillery strikes without being noticed first on long-range sensors. Doors and hatches are motion-sensitive and are locked only during emergencies (fire on board, engine fuel leak, etc). Private quarters are private, but there's not really much place for anything else than bed, a small closet and few square metres of empty space. No, one person holds his quarters alone, unless requested. Yes, there are small portholes in most of rooms. Gravity is consistent thanks to technology shenaningans. Walls are silvery-black as the hull of Terran ships are made from titanium alloys. Walls do not have any viewing panels except in rooms, for communication purposes; intercom speakers can be found pretty much everywhere, on the ceilings. All places are lit quite well unless it is necessary to turn off the lights. Power generation is as stable as engines are. Everyone tries hard to be friendly to each other, because everyone knows that lack of teamwork will doom the ship to the superiority of Tsuan fleet.

Any more questions? :P
SigFlags!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 06:26:17 am »

I'm thinking of new weapons and suits all the time.

It's hard to provide neat guns whilst still maintaining Tsuan technological superiority :P
Moar dakka! Also, moar laser warheads! :3

Anyways, I shall throw out a few ideas myself. Be advised that I'm too lazy to make the stats numbers or sensible or anything. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 06:39:48 am »

Or open missile racks, with, say, half as much ammunition, a chance of blowing up whenever you take hull damage, but they can be launched at whatever rate the pilot wants.
Read the First Post!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 03:11:22 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist me! (click to show/hide)

Also added two new weapons as of 4:15 PM 5/18/12
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:01:24 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 04:25:58 pm »

Adwarf: Landing on the ship means you're leaving the mission ;P

Double check if you want to miss few juicy kills under your belt C:
SigFlags!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5