Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 365

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 645623 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #2205 on: October 13, 2016, 08:53:27 pm »

Is it possible to have body parts defined in castes? (i.e. wings, or the lack thereof)

I think so.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: October 13, 2016, 08:57:07 pm »

Yes, definitely. If you defined the rest of the body outside the caste, only include the extra parts, lest you get fractal bodies.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: October 13, 2016, 09:55:39 pm »

Is there a specific tag or somesuch that I need to add body parts? I tried adding [BODY:2WINGS] in a caste and it appeared to be ignored.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 13, 2016, 10:35:31 pm »

Should just be [BODY:Body_Token]. It may help to actually see your raws.

You also have to apply tissues to new parts, as ones defined earlier in the raws do not automatically carry over.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 15, 2016, 11:54:28 am »

Is there a specific tag or somesuch that I need to add body parts? I tried adding [BODY:2WINGS] in a caste and it appeared to be ignored.
The 2WINGS tag (assuming it's valid because I'm on a phone) needs to come after the token that defines what 2WINGS attaches to.

The easiest way to do this is to define the common parts first, then split into castes and add the specific parts.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: October 15, 2016, 04:06:51 pm »

Thanks guys, I got it now. Blackflyme was right, I didn't add tissue.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2211 on: October 23, 2016, 03:05:09 pm »

Is it possible for interaction knowledge such as necromancy to affect only certain creatures? I'm having an issue where even if I set IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE with nothing else under I_TARGET besides the affected creature tokens, in worldgen races that aren't supposed to get the interaction still get it.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 23, 2016, 03:55:43 pm »

If the race lacks an entity, that could be a product of the race in question being assimilated into a society that allows necromancy.
IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE is a subtoken of I_TARGET. This names the targeted creature/object, not the creature that can use the interaction.

If you're asking how to make a permanently dead creature, just use NON_LIVING or whatever it was.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen Necromancy in the raws as an interaction. Perhaps I wasn't looking for it, as the only civilized race I've added so far was based upon existing human raws and then modified from that.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2213 on: October 23, 2016, 04:27:26 pm »

Oh nono, I probably should have rephrased it - I'm aware of how to make creatures undead, but I'm talking about the ability to actually raise creatures from the dead or similar spells - I can't seem to get the actual knowledge of doing so restricted only to certain races.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 23, 2016, 04:29:02 pm »

Right, I think that's what my first and last paragraphs were about.

Where is necromancy in the raws?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2215 on: October 23, 2016, 04:43:06 pm »

They're in raw/interaction examples - though, necromancy counts as procedurally generated knowledge, ergo editing the files in that folder does nothing, its just for example for modding. I'm trying to make my own interaction knowledge that's restricted to only some races.

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: November 02, 2016, 01:52:10 pm »

This is about the sixth time I posted this, so if no one knows i'll try next year I guess

Hi, recently I had rolled up a demigod hammerwoman with super strength and endurance who is two times the size of a human (the catch being I was trying to rp a "gentle giant". It's quite amusing to be able to carry around 9-10 war hammers/maces, a completely full barrel for sustenance, several dozen other items, and if I really needed to a good number of full-sized adult bodies all without taking a hit to speed).

I was having quite fun, actually, right up until I realized I had been wearing literally just a backpack and socks, one tattered.
Kinda broke my immersion, but I guess it was meant to be up to the player to catch such a big blunder, but considering I went a good few hours without even knowing it, it just seemed kinda silly that I wouldn't notice such a thing.

It got me thinking, is there a way to add some sort of debuff, social or otherwise, to being nude (or more realistically, just for being bottomless)?

If not, that's fine, but is it at least possible to have NPC's detect such a thing, and maybe have a small cache of lines to say, and/or being seen with NEGATIVE_SOCIAL_RESPONSE?

If it is possible, I'm not asking anyone to write out the code for me (though you are welcome to) I just need someone to get me on the right track.
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: November 02, 2016, 02:46:13 pm »

There's no way to do that without dfhack, no. Fort citizens in fort mode will get bad thoughts for nudity already (unless they have the completely shameless attribute), but in all other cases it is ignored. Your character in adventure mode doesn't have much in the way of emotional reactions anyway.

However, considering that you're naked, you're probably taking more damage from little things like kitten scratches and punches. Even normal clothes help absorb a bit of the shock of things like those.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: November 02, 2016, 03:05:25 pm »

There's no way to do that without dfhack, no. Fort citizens in fort mode will get bad thoughts for nudity already (unless they have the completely shameless attribute), but in all other cases it is ignored. Your character in adventure mode doesn't have much in the way of emotional reactions anyway.

However, considering that you're naked, you're probably taking more damage from little things like kitten scratches and punches. Even normal clothes help absorb a bit of the shock of things like those.

Well, an attempt was made.
Thanks

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: November 04, 2016, 05:22:17 pm »

Is it possible to change appearance or other purely descriptive things based on interactions?
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 365