Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 61298 times)

Count10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] INTERACTION & SYNDROME QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2023, 06:21:58 pm »

Yeah, you can't modify the vanilla raws directly, you have to make a mod in the mods folder. If you then want to change vanilla raws you need to use the SELECT_ and CUT_ tags for the vanilla object you're editing.

The no effect is probably because the transformation doesn't actually take effect in worldgen, only in actual play on the map. They can't inherit immortality from a transformation into an immortal creature anyways. And since the secret itself doesn't give them Immortality, they will still die at or after the set date in their "soul"

Also, to get more gods of particular spheres sometimes it's best to list those spheres as part of an entity or two, so they're guaranteed to be generated by those entities. Especially while trying to test the secret. You can remove them later and rely on random generation of spheres.

As for the gods thing, I've found just adding a bunch of spheres to each secret is a pretty effective solution. There's bound to be at least some with the appropriate spheres. It's good to know the immortality things, but if they don't transform until they show up on the map then how do werebeasts work? Don't they go on rampages during worldgen in their werebeast form?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2023, 12:05:05 am »

They do, and I'm totally sure why. I think it's related to the monthly transformation cycle and having an attack that spreads the curse, but I've not seen anything pointing to anyone else transforming.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Count10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2023, 10:14:55 am »

They do, and I'm totally sure why. I think it's related to the monthly transformation cycle and having an attack that spreads the curse, but I've not seen anything pointing to anyone else transforming.
I suppose I'll try to give them each of those things, and see if either or both are able to fix the issue. I do like the idea of drinking angel blood or tears turning you into an angel anyway.

Count10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2023, 11:37:51 am »

I suppose I'll try to give them each of those things, and see if either or both are able to fix the issue. I do like the idea of drinking angel blood or tears turning you into an angel anyway.
Alright, I've tested them both and neither seemed to work. The wiki implies that it might be because of the NIGHT_CREATURE_HUNTER tag on werebeasts, because that causes a fair few of their other behaviors. I can't add that to any generated creatures, though, and I don't really want to add that behavior anyway. I think just having them be immortal and transform on showing up will work ok, they still seem to usually live through worldgen despite technically being normal people aside from immortality. Though if someone finds a way to force a transformation in worldgen, I would love to hear about it.

Verdiumm

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to choose an image.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2023, 08:40:38 am »

Hey, i'm trying to get a simple "Buff Self" interaction working using a Syndrome and the CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE

But no matter what i do, it doesn't seem to actually alter the Strength of the creature (Checking via DFhack gui/gm-unit)
Can anyone confirm it actually works? am i missing something?
Or does it just not work?

AFAIK it should be really simple, and what i've got below should multiply the creatures Stength stat by 200%.

Interaction:   
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the CDI:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It seems like either the wiki is missing crucial info on how this works, it doesn't work at all currently, or i've missed something obvious.
But i've gone over it so many times and i don't see how i could have missed something.

I'd really appreciate it if someone can confirm if this works or not.
Any help is greatly appreciated, going insane on this one.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2023, 10:57:38 pm »

Syndrome buffs aren't stored in the body structure, they're separate, in the syndromes vector and such

Verdiumm

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to choose an image.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2023, 04:37:23 am »

Syndrome buffs aren't stored in the body structure, they're separate, in the syndromes vector and such

Ah i see, so, it IS actually applying it then? what's the easiest way to verify this?
that would certainly explain why i was going crazy over it lol.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2023, 03:05:06 pm »

a couple questions for things...

Can you add a syndrome to an edible food, in an existing game ? or would you have to generate a new world ?

I saw there's a CE_CURE_INFECTION effect, but it's unclear to me if that works for edible things.

What I want to do, is add a syndrome to a fruit or vegetable, that slightly reduces infections in a creature, or alternatively, increases their recuperation, so that they have a chance to recover from infections over a longer period of time.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2023, 04:04:02 pm »

Can you add a syndrome to an edible food, in an existing game ? or would you have to generate a new world ?

I'm not certain it'll work, but you could try. I think it might take effect on stuff that aren't already existing on the map. For instance if you have already plump helmets in store, those won't have the effect, but plump helmets that are grown/bought/gathered after the change should have it. However, it may cause some weirdness in the world.

I've done this by adding dyes to an existing world. The dyes worked on plants grown after, but not already existing ones. It also caused merchants to bring barrels of "none" or "nothing" for sale.

So, best bet is to generate a new world to avoid issues.

I saw there's a CE_CURE_INFECTION effect, but it's unclear to me if that works for edible things.

What I want to do, is add a syndrome to a fruit or vegetable, that slightly reduces infections in a creature, or alternatively, increases their recuperation, so that they have a chance to recover from infections over a longer period of time.

Yes, cure infections works on edible stuff as does increasing recuperation (or any other syndrome effects). Not sure what would be a good severity for a small recovery, though.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2023, 11:21:27 pm »

Can regional interactions be used to target creatures and give them syndromes (without using rain/clouds)?

Something like this:

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:REGION_SYNDROME_TEST]
[I_SOURCE:REGION]
[IS_REGION:ANY]
[IS_FREQUENCY:100]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_REGION]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_INTERMITTENT:WEEKLY]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:testing]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:1000]
[CE_BLEEDING:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HEART:SEV:10000:PROB:100:START:0]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:25:5:0:0:FREQUENCY:1000:500:START:0]
[CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:ANXIETY:RESISTABLE:SEV:250:PROB:100:START:0]

Can't get it to work and can't figure if I've missed something/doing something wrong or if it's just not possible to do.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2023, 03:16:06 am »

You want CONTEXT_CREATURE, rather than CONTEXT_REGION, looks like, at least based on the code. Surprising.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2023, 08:50:18 am »

You want CONTEXT_CREATURE, rather than CONTEXT_REGION, looks like, at least based on the code. Surprising.

Thanks! I'll give this a shot and see if it works.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2023, 06:24:12 pm »

Can non-stone/metal blocks use a stockpile?  I tried adding '[PRODUCT_TOKEN:BLOCKS]' indented under the output line of my reaction, to no avail.  The blocks can be used like normal, but they can't otherwise be moved out of the workshop.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2023, 12:24:36 am »

Can non-stone/metal blocks use a stockpile?  I tried adding '[PRODUCT_TOKEN:BLOCKS]' indented under the output line of my reaction, to no avail.  The blocks can be used like normal, but they can't otherwise be moved out of the workshop.

Depends on what they're made out of. You can certainly dump them, however, you need to be sure that you have collect outdoor refuse turned on under the standing orders options.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2023, 02:42:55 am »

Pretty sure my ash and charcoal are all stored in my bars stockpile. Wooden blocks too.
Maybe soap, but I tend to only make enough for the hospital.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14